OT: Tom Brady GOAT | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Brady GOAT

Reaction Score
The only thing that was bang-bang was Church and the ball arriving at Gronk at virtually the same time. Turning at the last second was self-preservation on Church's part. The replay I posted does not do it justice.

Try this one:

Richard Sherman defends Barry Church's hit that left Gronk with concussion

Its football not basketball, its easy for you to say playing monday morning qb and not covering Gronk you gotta be physical with him its the nature of the sport.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Richard Sherman defends Barry Church's hit that left Gronk with concussion

Its football not basketball, its easy for you to say playing monday morning qb and not covering Gronk you gotta be physical with him its the nature of the sport.
Don't disagree. I just amended my last post (As I see you did). The second video is in real time, not SSIR and you can see that Church's intent was to hit Gronk, not tackle him.

"It still begs the question whether the play was unintentionally intentional." - Me.

Reaction Score
These throws really put gronk at risk. Not sure what the answer is.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Church was headhunting and succeeded. And they still lost, choke team.

Reaction Score
I think it was "pretty f@ king far from ok." Clean hits don't get penalized. It was helmet-to-helmet and Church lined him up from at least 5 yards away (Gronk was on the numbers. Church ran perpendicular from the hashmarks). The clean, legal hit would have been to wrap up Gronk's torso/waist area, but there was a better than average chance that Church bounces off Gronk, like so many DBs do.

Brady threw the ball from his own 34 YL to a spot at which only Gronk could make a play. Pretty pin-point from more than 26 yards upfield.

Per the prescribed rules, sure it wasn’t “clean” in the sense that a helmet contacted a helmet. Anyone watching the play can see that Jax player turned his head away, side of his helmet contacting, and most of the forceful contact was made with the shoulder closer to Gronks shoulder. I think it was more so the angle of the impact rather than the force itself that shook Gronk up. Doesn’t take a huge punch to the chin to achieve the torque on the brain required to alter consciousness.

And I guarantee you (especially) Gronk and most offensive players would rather someone go high than go at their knees.

Not really disputing the call, before you take it that way

Reaction Score
Me too, but Utility Lou makes a good point...:eek:

You know sometimes I wonder exactly how they test in the moment. What questions they ask besides basic orientation concepts. Like to they have him start at 100 and do serial subtraction of 7? Do they have him repeat sentences? Perform a digit span?

Reaction Score
Some food for thought:

Nick Foles career postseason passer rating - 116.4

Tom Brady career postseason passer rating - 90.1

Add that to the fact that Foles has done it with multiple coaches while Brady has only played in one system and I begin to question who actually has the edge in this quarterback match-up. Don't forget the extra week between games gives Brady time to age - laugh if you want but it can go overnight at his age.

Reaction Score
Players do want to hurt each other. Look at Smith-Schuster a few weeks ago in the Cincy game. Church in this one. Whether the penalty is intentional or not, standing over the player and celebrating his injury shows that they want to injure each other.

Reaction Score
Players do want to hurt each other. Look at Smith-Schuster a few weeks ago in the Cincy game. Church in this one. Whether the penalty is intentional or not, standing over the player and celebrating his injury shows that they want to injure each other.
I mean honestly after what Gronk did in Buffalo I don’t know how anyone can feel even a tinge if sympathy. Deserves at least two concussions, or a concussion and a c-spine injury, for that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He had no control it was the right call, no one could argue that one not a good analogy.

Dude I said a positive thing about Brady then threw a very funny meme in, I'm good they won they're damn good and one coach, who is the best went in at the half and adjusted defensively like he does, great win. Jags put up a fight I enjoyed the game, no skin in it. Now for the only time in history I will root for the Eagles, man that just sounds wrong.

A Giants fan rooting for the Eagles?? You can no longer claim you don't hate the Pats. The Eagles and Cowboys are supposed to be an anathema to your very existence. And your choosing the Eagles over another team. That's amazing.

Reaction Score
A Giants fan rooting for the Eagles?? You can no longer claim you don't hate the Pats. The Eagles and Cowboys are supposed to be an anathema to your very existence. And your choosing the Eagles over another team. That's amazing.
I hear you.

Some of us (not necessarily me) would rather the Giants be the only team to have beaten Brady/Belichick.

But I also love watching Pats fans suffer in the brief moments in which they do, and the Eagles have nothing compared to the GMen, so I’m very conflicted.

Who would you root for in a Cuse-UK NC game?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Who would you root for in a Cuse-UK NC game?

The most honest answer would be that I'd stick my head in the sand and pretend college basketball didn't exist for 6 months.

On pain of death, UK. Screw Calipari, but at least it could be excused away by having tons of talent. Miserable Syracuse fans and the nose picker deserve nothing. No legitimacy. No nothing.

Reaction Score
Deserves at least two concussions, or a concussion and a c-spine injury, for that.
Wow. Awful. I'm a Gronk fan and I think what he did was lousy and risked the other person's health and I think he should have been suspended for the year for a dead ball hit on a defenseless player, but there's no way I think Gronk was trying to injure the other guy. He was pissed because the guy was holding him the entire way up the field and then, because of the holding, got an interception out of it. I think he was trying to drill the guy in an [F] you, fired up, unthinking kind of way.
To say that the guy "deserved a spine injury" is sad.

Reaction Score

I'm a Giants fan that hopes the Eagles win. I hate the Pats more than the Eagles.

Reaction Score
This Super Bowl, like the 2004 Super Bowl, is a big dilemma for me. I grew up in eastern PA rooting for the Eagles. When I move to CT I started going to games at Schaefer stadium and became a Pat's fan. I always root for both. Now for the second time my worlds collide.

On some level you will be happy no matter what the outcome. You are fortunate. I will be really bummed if the Pats lose.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ha, everyone in my family is a Pats fan except my dad. I don't want to hear it from them.

That makes sense. Everyone in my extended family is from Philly. Which is why I was surprised about the Giants fans things. They talk nicer about Satanists than about Giants fans.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about what Gronk did to that poor defenseless Bills player a few weeks ago?
Gronks hit was not quite as bad, helmet to helmet removes the player from the field...period.
It's a time bomb tool that can be used at any critical point of the game, targeting any player you want removed.

The rule should remove the perpetrator (if he isn't ejected) from the playing field as well, and he cannot return unless the the target is allowed to return.

Eye for an eye baby at the least

Reaction Score
Gronks hit was not quite as bad, helmet to helmet removes the player from the field...period.
It's a time bomb tool that can be used at any critical point of the game, targeting any player you want removed.

The rule should remove the perpetrator (if he isn't ejected) from the playing field as well, and he cannot return unless the the target is allowed to return.

Eye for an eye baby at the least
Only if there is obvious malicious intent as in what Gronk did in Buffalo

Because what if the defender went low trying to apply a legal hit, and blew out Gronk’s knee? Does he get ejected for that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom