OT: TIGER | The Boneyard

OT: TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That was an incredible shot.

I'd like to see Tiger get all the way back eventually. His game was a joy to watch, and the scandal was a gigantic pile of "who cares- I'm not married to him" as far as I was concerned.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A ballsy shot on 16 puts it in the bag. He holed a 3/4 swing flop shot off a poor lie. Miss short and it's bogey. Miss long and it's a ???.

I think he tied Jack for wins today - at Jack's tournament.

Reaction Score
That was an incredible shot.

I'd like to see Tiger get all the way back eventually. His game was a joy to watch, and the scandal was a gigantic pile of "who cares- I'm not married to him" as far as I was concerned.

He was living a lie to his fans and corporate sponsors pretending he was something he was clearly not. His petulant behavior on the golf course makes it even easier not to like him. Karma is a bitch, Tiger.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He has 2 wins this year--Arnie's tourney and Jack's tourney. He struggled with the flu yesterday but hung in there. I expect he'll still be a little erratic, but he's looking very competitive. If his putting is good, he's the guy to beat. He has won the Memorial 5 times. I think he has won at Firestone 6 or 7 times. Ohio has been good to him.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
He was living a lie to his fans and corporate sponsors pretending he was something he was clearly not. His petulant behavior on the golf course makes it even easier not to like him. Karma is a bitch, Tiger.
Not married to him, don't care about his extramarital dalliances, care even less about his corporate sponsors, and I'm not naive enough to believe anything beyond what I see on the field of play, for any athlete, is an accurate representation of who they actually are. Athletes are really excellent or they're not. If they are excellent, that is worth appreciating in itself. If they are not excellent but are great people, no one cares. If they are excellent and great people so much the better, but not a requirement. There's no correlation between being exceptionally coordinated/athletic and character, and I don't watch sports to see people be good spouses and parents. I watch to see them do what they do exceptionally well.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not married to him, don't care about his extramarital dalliances, care even less about his corporate sponsors, and I'm not naive enough to believe anything beyond what I see on the field of play, for any athlete, is an accurate representation of who they actually are. Athletes are really excellent or they're not. If they are excellent, that is worth appreciating in itself. If they are not excellent but are great people, no one cares. If they are excellent and great people so much the better, but not a requirement. There's no correlation between being exceptionally coordinated/athletic and character, and I don't watch sports to see people be good spouses and parents. I watch to see them do what they do exceptionally well.
word

Reaction Score
Tiger repped those sponsors well... as a golfer. That's why they hired him, not for who he was sleeping with.

That's BS. They hired him because he won and he WAS a likeable athlete. Dood, people don't buy stuff from sponsors when their spokesperson lies, which is why he was dropped by many of them.

Reaction Score

But you were against a perceived gay coach coach and administrators at Texas. So, is your live and let live attitude only for pro sports?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, the whole scandal DID lead to at least one great line; "Mrs. Woods. in the driveway, with a five-iron".

Reaction Score
I think most people judge athletes by both their athletic abilities/achievements and their characters--and it's the combination that determines their fandom. For example, most of us root for Maya (and many of the the UConn players) because they are fantastic players but also fantastic people. Thus, the dislike of Cappie, for example, by most on this board.

But you were against a perceived gay coach coach and administrators at Texas. So, is your live and let live attitude only for pro sports?

Reaction Score
OMG, to bring DT into this is ridiculous.............sorry I started this thread.....:(

JS

Reaction Score
OMG, to bring DT into this is ridiculous.............sorry I started this thread.....:(
I agree and have pruned that branch. We don't trash WBB players on personal matters (and BTW the "sins" of other athletes don't deserve a much longer leash).

There are some here who get a little too excited by the subject of other people's character flaws.

Reaction Score
That's BS. They hired him because he won and he WAS a likeable athlete. Dood, people don't buy stuff from sponsors when their spokesperson lies, which is why he was dropped by many of them.

Are you kidding me? Everyone knew that Jordan was a dick, and he endorsed almost every company known to man.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tiger repped those sponsors well... as a golfer. That's why they hired him, not for who he was sleeping with.
Actually, they bought the whole package. That is why most left.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I agree and have pruned that branch. We don't trash WBB players on personal matters (and BTW the "sins" of other athletes don't deserve a much longer leash).

There are some here who get a little too excited by the subject of other people's character flaws.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? Everyone knew that Jordan was a dick, and he endorsed almost every company known to man.

Yeah, never been a fan of his either. Jordan, Tiger, and (Barkley) were all buds. Jordan did't get caught or was exposed for the many sins as Tiger. I'm not holier than though or naive enough to think most male athletes have many women on the side. I've just never been a fan of Tiger's, on or off the golf course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom