OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that. | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that.

Reaction Score
The defense was just incapable all year long. Would have been worse if not for the offense.
WHAT!!?? Before the season the Patriot fans and media were predicting an undefeated season.

How soon we forget that Patriot Nation all "knew" this was the year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sure they are the betting favorite to win NEXT year and opened as a 6 point fave in this year’s game.

They truly are the little engine that could.
They remind me of that scrappy Duke team we beat in '99. I mean, sure they were expected to win the National Championship that entire season and were nine point favorites in the game, but they otherwise probably shouldn't have sniffed the Final Four that year. Really sort of miraculous that they got there, and no surprise that we beat them.

ETA, the Raleigh Durham News & Observer pretty much said the same thing.

Reaction Score
WHAT!!?? Before the season the Patriot fans and media were predicting an undefeated season.

Hmmm, should I link to my season prediction? I had them at 12-4. In fact, that was before they lost key members of the defense.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sure they are the betting favorite to win NEXT year and opened as a 6 point fave in this year’s game.

So gritty so plucky

Reaction Score

The little engine that got so close, until it ran in to... Nick Foles.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The only ones who said that were mouth breathers. And anyone who tried to ride that train after Edelman got hurt, well, I don't know what to tell you.

The odds kept dropping after that, with the front seven just getting ravaged for a variety of reasons (injury, retirement, players not being as good as hoped for, etc).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only ones who said that were mouth breathers. And anyone who tried to ride that train after Edelman got hurt, well, I don't know what to tell you.

The odds kept dropping after that, with the front seven just getting ravaged for a variety of reasons (injury, retirement, players not being as good as hoped for, etc).

And then we saw the rest of the conference. Pittsburgh and the houses of the unholy.

I think this was their last shot. But they were never some plucky underdog.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And then we saw the rest of the conference. Pittsburgh and the houses of the unholy.
I think this was their last shot. But they were never some plucky underdog.

You know how many times that's been said over the past however many years?

A team gets to the Superbowl, loses by one score, with the MVP at QB, and that indicates they're done going forward. Strange take.

They had a top three offense this year without their best receiver. The O should be even better next year.

If they can avoid the implosion of the defensive front again next year, they'll definitely have a stronger D. All it has to be is above average and they have the opportunity to win a Superbowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know how many times that's been said over the past however many years?

A team gets to the Superbowl, loses by one score, with the MVP at QB, and that indicates they're done. Strange take.

They had a top three offense this year without their best receiver. The O should be even better next year.

If they can avoid the implosion of the defensive front again next year, they'll definitely have a stronger D.

What is it with Patriots fans?

I get the impression that Belechick is ready to go. That Josh McLoser turned tail doesn’t really disuade me of that.

I think Brady was more important that Belicheck all in - but 41+ Brady with McDaniels is just another team.

Reaction Score
The little engine that got so close, until it ran in to... Nick Foles.

EZNzYog5X7moVytnXETlFF8viyUzr8CM-f2P7fJjRPA.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What is with Patriots fans?

I get the impression that Belechick is ready to go. That Josh McLoser turned tail doesn’t really disuade me of that.

I think Brady was more important that Belicheck all in - but 41+ Brady with McDaniels is just another team.

What do you mean? You were the with the odd take given how much they still have going for them. Its not like Brady was slowing down this year.

And Belichick ain't going anywhere. smh

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What do you mean? You were the with the odd take given how much they still have going for them. Its not like Brady was slowing down this year.

And Belichick ain't going anywhere. smh

You guys get so defensive over every last thing.

If I’m wrong and BB stays another 5 years then yeah my conclusion is wrong.

He strikes me as being ready to go soon.

I don’t care either way - my fandom is determined on a bet by bet basis.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You guys get so defensive over every last thing.

If I’m wrong and BB stays another 5 years then yeah my conclusion is wrong.

He strikes me as being ready to go soon.

I don’t care either way - my fandom is determined on a bet by bet basis.

Not remotely defensive or worked up. I like talking football. Mistakenly assumed this was the thread to do it. What do I know?

How much would you wager BB is leaving?

Reaction Score
Hmmm, should I link to my season prediction? I had them at 12-4. In fact, that was before they lost key members of the defense.
You obvious don't know who Felger and Mazz are.

Reaction Score
I thought it was supposed to be an easy victory against a backup qb, oh now you will hear it wasn't the pats year.

Reaction Score
You obvious don't know who Felger and Mazz are.

Felger is a big Colts fan.

Not a Patriots guy.

Mazz is a guy who watches baseball only. Has made basic mistakes about football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not remotely defensive or worked up. I like talking football. Mistakenly assumed this was the thread to do it. What do I know?

How much would you wager BB is leaving?

We aren’t allowed to bet but BB being head coach week 1 of 2019 - I’d personally put the odds at <50%.

Helping the coordinators interview
Not holding out for best package on JG
Now McDaniels tossing away his reputation to stay

Plus if BB walks away before Brady and the Pats tank it makes portrays him as the driver of the success.

Who knows - just what I perceive with less bias than most people because I just don’t really care who wins.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We aren’t allowed to bet
If I remember the littlejohn rules correctly, we are allowed to bet, but we are not allowed to pay if we lose.

May want to check with @shizzle787 for clarification.

In any event, I agree with your observations. Don't know why else McDaniels would back out on Indy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom