OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that.

Reaction Score
I’m 100% right which is why you’re so bothered.

I’m sure there are some long-time Patriots fans, but scratch a Pats’ fan in Connecticut and you’ll see the original Giant blue paint.

Can't even imagine it. Then again, I haven't lived in Connecticut since 1986. That being said, my brother, poor soul, chose to become a Jets fan later in life. He used to go to games at Sullivan Stadium with me. I think it was because being a Mets fan deranged him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well, I went to school in Boston. There were a lot of Giants and Jets and Cowboys fans. That may have been because 40% of the population of the school was from NYC and 20% International!

I'm talking about elementary/middle school. I would only see an occasional Terry Glenn or Bledsoe jersey worn when we had a team theme day for school. Nobody ever talked about them before 2001. I started school in Mass in 1999.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about elementary/middle school. I would only see an occasional Terry Glenn or Bledsoe jersey worn when we had a team theme day for school. Nobody ever talked about them before 2001. I started school in Mass in 1999.

Weird. They sold out the Parcells years and had a lot of fans. Maybe it was the godawful uniforms? Who would want to be scene in soccer jerseys with a big Elvis on them?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can't even imagine it. Then again, I haven't lived in Connecticut since 1986. That being said, my brother, poor soul, chose to become a Jets fan later in life. He used to go to games at Sullivan Stadium with me. I think it was because being a Mets fan deranged him.

If there is such a thing as being a bandwagon fan, someone becoming a Jets’ fan as an adult is its polar opposite. That is not a normal progression.

I think there actually was a more sizeable percentage of Mets’ fans in Connecticut back in the day. They are gone now.

Reaction Score
So....do the Chargers have any hope in LA? If not, are they moving to Mexico City??

Reaction Score
He never actually wanted to move the team to CT as we all found out.
The deal with the state of CT was binding. The only way CT had to legally get out of the deal was if the state missed deadlines. The state missed multiple deadlines so he was able to get out of the deal. The state of CT screwed this up. Surprise, surprise.

Reaction Score
The deal with the state of CT was binding. The only way CT had to legally get out of the deal was if the state missed deadlines. The state missed multiple deadlines so he was able to get out of the deal. The state of CT screwed this up. Surprise, surprise.

Kraft was never coming to CT with the Pats, throw all the data out you want his mind was already made up. He used the state of CT as expected.

Reaction Score
Well, the Patriots year next year just got iffy because Gronk is reevaluating. I think he wants a somewhat functioning brain to go forward with in his life and that last concussion might have been the cherry on the sundae. Most football players are too gung ho to evaluate this but it seems likea moment of clarity for him. The Patriots would have had no second half at all without him yesterday.

Wouldn't be completely surprised. He's had confusions, back injuries, knee, etc. He's a very big guy and I'm sure he wants to not be in pain and crippled when he is older. Not to mention he's very smart with his money as he doesn't spend/ touch any of his contract money and only uses endorsement money.

He has the gronk cruise, stand-up, can be a lifelong dunkin donuts spokesman, get into tv, etc. He's set for life, has a bunch of hardware and will be successful in his after football career wherever that may be

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be completely surprised. He's had confusions, back injuries, knee, etc. He's a very big guy and I'm sure he wants to not be in pain and crippled when he is older. Not to mention he's very smart with his money as he doesn't spend/ touch any of his contract money and only uses endorsement money.

He has the gronk cruise, stand-up, can be a lifelong dunkin donuts spokesman, get into tv, etc. He's set for life, has a bunch of hardware and will be successful in his after football career wherever that may be

A-Rod feels like the sixth 'Gronk' brother after investing with Chris Gronkowski on 'Shark Tank'

And I'm quite sure he's invested heavily in his brothers Shark Tank business deal with ARod and Cuban which will more than likely be successful with their input and support.

Reaction Score
If not for the tuck rule Brady would be infamous for fumbling in crunch time.

Nope. If not for the tuck rule, the Patriots/Raiders game doesn't even happen.

Patriots lost to the Jets that year because of the tuck rule. The seeding would have been different.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nope. If not for the tuck rule, the Patriots/Raiders game doesn't even happen.

Patriots lost to the Jets that year because of the tuck rule. The seeding would have been different.
Impossible. No one knew that rule. It had not been called before or since...up to it's ultimate repeal. :rolleyes:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I’m 100% right which is why you’re so bothered.

I’m sure there are some long-time Patriots fans, but scratch a Pats’ fan in Connecticut and you’ll see the original Giant blue paint.
Cool metaphor, but I'm wondering who are you trying to insult. Patriots fans or Giant fan converts? The intersection of that venn diagram isn't all that big.

As if the Giants weren't culpable for driving their fanbase directly into the cinder block wall known as RayDan HandReeves, while their former messiah simultaneously led the Patriots to the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
I think there actually was a more sizeable percentage of Mets’ fans in Connecticut back in the day. They are gone now.

I think almost all of the Mets fans in CT are between 40 and 50 years old . . .

Reaction Score
Weird. They sold out the Parcells years and had a lot of fans. Maybe it was the godawful uniforms? Who would want to be scene in soccer jerseys with a big Elvis on them?

Yeah you could be onto something. Those were bad

Reaction Score
Ron Jaws, Wilburt Montgomery, Harold Carmichael, Herm Edwards, Jerome Brown, B Dawk, Westbrook, Scramblin' Randall, Mike Vick, Shady and others I left out. We did it baby, beat the "GOAT" with a backup. No Wentz, no Peters, no Sproles, no Maragos, no Sturgis, no Jordan Hicks, no Sidney Jones and WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! Shout out to 60th & Market, West Philly baby dilly,dilly

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Ron Jaws, Wilburt Montgomery, Harold Carmichael, Herm Edwards, Jerome Brown, B Dawk, Westbrook, Scramblin' Randall, Mike Vick, Shady and others I left out. We did it baby, beat the "GOAT" with a backup. No Wentz, no Peters, no Sproles, no Maragos, no Sturgis, no Jordan Hicks, no Sidney Jones and WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! Shout out to 60th & Market, West Philly baby dilly,dilly
We won that Super Bowl on Jerome Browns
Birthday!!!!! That's Epic Mojo!!!!

Reaction Score
Kraft was never coming to CT with the Pats, throw all the data out you want his mind was already made up. He used the state of CT as expected.
I never said he was. We will never know. I was just pointing out the fact that the deal was legally binding. As I heard one former legislator say, "If CT didn't drag their feet and give Kraft an out they at the very least would have gotten a many multi-million dollar settlement." CT screwed this up no matter how you look at it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom