OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that. | The Boneyard

OT: This was not the Patriots year. We knew that.

Reaction Score
Nick foles was on four teams in four years and the eagles d was horrible. This was gift wrapped for the pats. Maybe if Brady ate the other 3/4 of the banana he wouldn’t have got strip sacked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Strange take given that the Patriots were favored to win the Super Bowl from like last February, but all right.

And Tom Brady is still pretty good. Yes, he’d be the third-best quarterback on the Eagles and he’d have to play blocker or something at the Manning family flag football games, but there’s no shame in that. He’s still the best Tom Brady.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
IMG_3571.JPG

Reaction Score
Well, yes. And the fact Brady got outplayed by Nick Foles.
I don’t think Brady got outplayed by nick foles. Brady more passing yards, better qb rating and one less interception. That last fumble was on the offensive line. Philly deserved it just because their defense wasn’t as bad as the patriots and they had a better running game. I guess it is true defenses win Super Bowls . lol!!!

Reaction Score
Strange take given that the Patriots were favored to win the Super Bowl from like last February, but all right.

And Tom Brady is still pretty good. Yes, he’d be the third-best quarterback on the Eagles and he’d have to play blocker or something at the Manning family flag football games, but there’s no shame in that. He’s still the best Tom Brady.

Patriots D was 32nd in the league this year. Look at the stats. Barnwell had an article up recently that showed they faced the fewest possessions and had the best field position against offenses by a huge factor. The Jax D for instance had to face 3.5 more games-worth of possessions than the Pats D, and yet the Pats D managed to give up more yards than any other team in the NFL.

This loss was coming all year long.

As for being predicted to win it all, maybe before the injuries to DL and LBs like Hightower, or Butler tonight, but not with Bademosi, M. Flowers and waiver wire guys out there.

Reaction Score
The defense was just incapable all year long. Would have been worse if not for the offense.
Tough game to watch for me. I love both teams. I found myself switching teams several times during the game. I'm elated and dejected with the outcome.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Brady got outplayed by nick foles. Brady more passing yards, better qb rating and one less interception. That last fumble was on the offensive line. Philly deserved it just because their defense wasn’t as bad as the patriots and they had a better running game. I guess it is true defenses win Super Bowls . lol!!!

Foles was better. And Brady was great. But time after time Brady was throwing to Amendola and Hogan with absolutely no defenders around. You can't just take the stats at face value. I am actually stunned by how good Foles has looked the past 2 games.

Reaction Score
Foles was better. And Brady was great. But time after time Brady was throwing to Amendola and Hogan with absolutely no defenders around. You can't just take the stats at face value. I am actually stunned by how good Foles has looked the past 2 games.
That isn’t true. Some people just like to hate on Brady! Brady made tough passes to gronk and Edelman too and nick foles had some easy passes to number 13 too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Patriots D was 32nd in the league this year. Look at the stats. Barnwell had an article up recently that showed they faced the fewest possessions and had the best field position against offenses by a huge factor. The Jax D for instance had to face 3.5 more games-worth of possessions than the Pats D, and yet the Pats D managed to give up more yards than any other team in the NFL.

This loss was coming all year long.

As for being predicted to win it all, maybe before the injuries to DL and LBs like Hightower, or Butler tonight, but not with Bademosi, M. Flowers and waiver wire guys out there.

They were favored right up to the second Brady dropped the football.

And they were playing a team with its backup quarterback.

Horrible loss. Horrible. Worried about the future - aging quarterback, no backup plan, a coach who just had his invincibility bubble popped.

Dicey times.

Reaction Score
That isn’t true. Some people just like to hate on Brady! Brady made tough passes to gronk and Edelman too and nick foles had some easy passes to number 13 too.

Well I think I am right and you think you are right and there is no changing that. But I will tell you that Brady certainly made a total of zero tough passes to Edelman.

Reaction Score
An arguable opinion but that INT in no way was on Foles.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Belichick should be questioned hard on this one. Not playing Malcom Butler on D was criminal. Yeah, he was sick this week, but that's not all of it. He played on special teams.

As long as he didn't kill somebody, he should have played. That's on BB.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
BTW, both reviews on Eagles TDs were called correctly. So pats fans can Shut up about that. On the second especially, clearly he was a runner regardless of what chris c wants to say.

I also do not get how CT residents can be Pats fans...

Up until 2004, none of them were.

I went to UConn for four years and didn’t meet a single Patriots fan.

Reaction Score
Can’t fault Brady on what he did today. I actually thought the Patriot line protected him well until he got stripped. Both teams pass defenses were not good. As a Giants fan I hate the Pats and Brady but he handled the loss with class. Going home to a supermodel. No reason to feel sorry for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom