OT: The Official Soup, Bread, and Cheese Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The Official Soup, Bread, and Cheese Thread

Reaction Score
Wonder bread is a brand of white bread. All white bread isn't wonder bread. It's like saying all hamburgers suck when you've only had McDonald's.

I have had Wonder Bread. It sucks compared to nearly everything else available.

Reaction Score
I have had Wonder Bread. It sucks compared to nearly everything else available.
Yeah it's terrible. That's my point. Bread shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup in it

Reaction Score
Give me a good old fashioned grilled cheese...one actually grilled in butter on a flat grill, cheddar on slices of white bread.

Screw all of those artisanal, three cheese sandwiches, on over thick Ukranian sourdough, with a touch of hubris and priced accordingly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My grandma used to boil hot dogs put the dog on a piece of wonder bread and then squeeze it with her fist so the wonder bread wrapped around the dog. I loved it as a little kid, now I feel gross even telling the story.

You're average hot dog bun is basically the same thing as Wonder Bread anyway.

Reaction Score
I love the boiled hot dogs at the NYC street carts. I know right. I Ray boiling had at home and they just don’t taste the same. I have tried different dogs still don’t taste the same.

The better the bun the better the dog tastes. I now buy sodium and nitrate free dogs! Taste good and better for me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My grandma used to boil hot dogs put the dog on a piece of wonder bread and then squeeze it with her fist so the wonder bread wrapped around the dog. I loved it as a little kid, now I feel gross even telling the story.

Do you feel gross because of the Wonder bread or because your grandma used to squeeze your weiner?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love the boiled hot dogs at the NYC street carts. I know right. I Ray boiling had at home and they just don’t taste the same. I have tried different dogs still don’t taste the same. .

a) Sabrett's
b) to make a dirty water pushcart dog, you need dirty water from cooking lots of hot dogs all day.

You can try to approximate dirty water by using a pinch each of nutmeg and cumin and a tablespoon of red vinegar per each quart of water used for boiling.

Reaction Score
Do you feel gross because of the Wonder bread or because your grandma used to squeeze your weiner?
Both.

I used to look forward to going to her house for Apple Jacks & Fruit Loops, squeezed weiners, and chocolate pudding pie. Thought she was the best chef in the world!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love how you can roll it up into a ball and eat it like a necatarine.
Made a perfect wrap for Oscar Mayer wieners back in the day.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't eat much bread anymore since I don't tolerate wheat well. If I buy bread it's sourdough with just flour, yeast and water.

We’re gonna need a bread thread.

Sourdough>all other breads

Don’t get me wrong, I love all breads. But, Sourdough is the GOAT

Reaction Score
We’re gonna need a bread thread.

Sourdough>all other breads

Don’t get me wrong, I love all breads. But, Sourdough is the GOAT
Hot take!

Bread is waaaaaay overrated. Just filler. I’m half Italian too, bread is basically a deity to them.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Rye is the best. A good ciabatta is nice. Challah for French toast is amazing. Hartford Baking Co used to make good bread but I haven’t been in a while and they’ve expanded which can sometimes screw with quality

Reaction Score
Hot take!

Bread is waaaaaay overrated. Just filler. I’m half Italian too, bread is basically a deity to them.
I agree, except when you're talking about really good bread. There is an upper echelon of bread that's fantastic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom