OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Point break

Watching it right now on Sundance.

Patrick Swayze was such a versatile actor.

So was Gary Busy.

Maybe a top 10 Keanu Reeves flick. Johnny Utah was cool but how does this compare to John Wick, Speed or the Matrix movies??

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Eh, they sold that movie on a single kiss. Selma Blair is hotter anyway.

This made me throw up in my mouth a little. Thank god for different tastes, otherwise we’d all be going after the same women...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maybe a top 10 Keanu Reeves flick. Johnny Utah was cool but how does this compare to John Wick, Speed or the Matrix movies??

Crushes every one except the Matrix....which was groundbreaking in so many ways.

The amount of unintended cheese in Point Break is off the charts. Just perfect in every way.

Reaction Score

So was Gary Busy.

Keanu Reeves- probably the nicest guy in Hollywood and it's worst actor, well next to Marky Mark.

Reaction Score
It's A Wonderful Life
The Wizard of Oz
To Kill A Mockingbird
Saving Private Ryan
The Sting
Gravity
The Lovely Bones
The Birds
Close Encounters
Jaws
The Godfather
Blade Runner
Summer of 42
Raiders of the Lost Ark
On The Beach
Did anyone mention "Gone with the Wind", "Wuthering Heights", "Peyton Place", "From Here to Eternity", "A Place in the Sun", "The Ten Commandments", or John Ford's "The Hurricane"?

Prior to 1960 all were mentioned on any all time great movies list.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Keanu Reeves- probably the nicest guy in Hollywood and it's worst actor, well next to Marky Mark.

Wahlberg has no range, but IMO he's gotten quite good within his limited niche. Not including hamburgers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Crushes every one except the Matrix....which was groundbreaking in so many ways.

The amount of unintended cheese in Point Break is off the charts. Just perfect in every way.

Earlier in the afternoon I was watching original Avengers and having Tony Stark calling Thor Point Break is a perfect line.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wahlberg has no range, but IMO he's gotten quite good within his limited niche. Not including hamburgers.

Finished night off with The Fighter. He did plenty good in that movie.

Reaction Score

John Wick is a masterpiece and your disrespect is unforgivable.

Reaction Score
When does the bracket come out?
I'd be interested in a compilation of everyone's list.
Release the brackets
Patience gentlemen. I’m going to start compiling the results tonight after I watch True Detective and assuming I don’t fall asleep on the couch. Anyone have any suggestions for statistical breakdowns they’d like to see? I’ve suggested era, genre, top 10 directors. I don’t think I’ll go as far as actor, would just be too many players involved.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Patience gentlemen. I’m going to start compiling the results tonight after I watch True Detective and assuming I don’t fall asleep on the couch. Anyone of any suggestions for statistical breakdowns they’d like to see? I’ve suggested era, genre, top 10 directors. I don’t think I’ll go as far as actor, would just be too many players involved.
I'm talking about a full list of the movies people submitted - whether or not they're finally selected for inclusion in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm talking about a full list of the movies people submitted - whether they're finally selected for inclusion in the tournament.
Oh don’t worry, I will publish a master list with vote totals. It’s on the docket.

Reaction Score
Finished night off with The Fighter. He did plenty good in that movie.
The Fighter is a great movie, he's alright in it and he's good in The Departed playing himself but he's pretty terrible in everything else. He's passable in Boogie Nights but it's somehow the same character he plays in The Fighter, even though they should be totally different. Bale is amazing in The Fighter.

Reaction Score
Patience gentlemen. I’m going to start compiling the results tonight after I watch True Detective and assuming I don’t fall asleep on the couch. Anyone have any suggestions for statistical breakdowns they’d like to see? I’ve suggested era, genre, top 10 directors. I don’t think I’ll go as far as actor, would just be too many players involved.

Can we get some advanced metrics?

Reaction Score

So was Gary Busy.

Easily top 10 if not top 2 (matrix 1 wins). Named my dog bodhi

I just love the character interactions and dialogue is so unintentionally hilarious. The remake was a travesty...for a fun YouTube video check out Alex honnold critiquing a bunch of famous climbing scenes and he basically all over the waterfall scene from the remake

Fun story I just read about...Keanu actually turned down a role in Heat, which I've seen mentioned in this thread a few times, so he could do a Shakespeare play at some Canadian theatre. The guy doesn't do it for the money and never compromises who he is. I think it's also pretty well known he gave away most of the $75mil he made from the matrix to the stunt and costume team

Reaction Score
Agree on Wahlberg, but I liked him in Deepwater Horizon. His brother Donnie is a much better actor, he was memorable playing Carwood Lipton in Band of Brothers and was frightening in The Sixth Sense.

Reaction Score
Heat is my #1. Yet to be topped. I don’t think there will ever be an action scene that can beat the bank heist.

City of God is a truly amazing sprawl of a film, was in my cut list.
Agree that the bank heist scene is one of the best ever.

Reaction Score
I put my original list together rather quickly. These are ones that I didn’t think about but have been mentioned.
Animal House , Cuckoos Nest , The Deer Hunter , Saturday Night Fever,Dirty Dozen , Caddyshack...I dont think Papillon was ever mentioned but would have probably been in my top 16.
One movie that would not make my favorites list but I have to watch every time I come across it is Roadhouse.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I definitely forgot a few ... even WHILE I was creating the list I switched it around then forgot which I had ... I hate these lists. But I love them.

The top 4 I listed were:
The Departed
Goodfellas
He Got Game
Airplane

I know somewhere in there I had:
Shawshank Redemption
Billy Madison
Ace Ventura
My Cousin Vinny
Inception
The Dark Knight
Blood Diamond
Forrest Gump
Blue Chips
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I have already forgotten the order other than my top 4, and if I told you my top 4 tomorrow, some of them might change.

Reaction Score
If heist movies are your metier, try "Riffi" and "Topkapi." I started a thread on Entertainment on films worth viewing. I am providing a list of those introduced and in planning stage. the first trio was : "Oldboy", "The Red
Balloon'" and "The Last Temptation of Christ." The next group was "The Seven Samurai," "The Magnificent Seven," and "Breaking Away." The most recent, completed today are: "Judgement at Nuremberg," "The Ox-Bow Incident," and "12 Angry Men." Coming up: "The Exorcist," "Carrie," and "The Bride of Frankenstein."
Then "The Grapes of Wrath," "The Magnificent Ambersons", and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." Others include
"The Class," "The Best Years of Our Lives," and "To Kill a Mockingbird."

I try to introduce some lesser known films as well as looking back to films most have but perhaps not in many years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom