OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT - The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament

Reaction Score
Godfather , book helped me get thru AIT in Augusta Georgia. The good, the bad, the ugly. Saving private Ryan , Goodfellas, Shawshank redemption, Gone with the wind. I'll think of more for sure.

Reaction Score
I didn't see a mention for Sideways but it's probably my favorite movie.

A few I can think of in no particular order:

Sideways
The Apartment
Born Yesterday
Planes, Trains & Automobiles,
The Matrix
2001: A Space Odyssey
Lawrence of Arabia
Paths of Glory
Inception
Pulp Fiction
Dr. Strangelove
Auntie Mame
Infernal Affairs
Good Will Hunting
a few more...

Back to the Future
The Lion King
Shrek
Toy Story
BIG
Castaway
The Breakfast club
Risky Business
Home Alone
Independence Day
Trading Places
Dances with Wolves
The Six Sense
I dn't know the "best" movies of all time. There are some movies you should see.

Duck Soup
2001: A Space Odyssey
Taxi Driver
Metropolis
Miller's Crossing
Pyscho
Dr. Strangelove
White Christmas
Ben Hur
The Godfather
A Few Good Men
Red October
Crimson Tide
The Rock
The Mean Season
Jagged Edge
Gladiator
Braveheart
State of Grace
Beverly Hills Cop
Midnight Run
Weird Science
Sixteen Candles
My Cousin Vinny
Zero Dark Thirty
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Miss Sloane
Boiler Room
Dumb and Dumber
Platoon
School Ties
The Kingdom
Jurassic Park
Karate Kid
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Great Escape
The Sixth Sense
Field of Dreams
Major League
Fight Club
Ocean’s Eleven
The Matrix
Dead Poet’s Society
Godfather , book helped me get thru AIT in Augusta Georgia. The good, the bad, the ugly. Saving private Ryan , Goodfellas, Shawshank redemption, Gone with the wind. I'll think of more for sure.
Get those entries in peeps. Follow the linky below.
boneyard-red.jpg

Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament

It's simple. I love movies, you probably like movies. I want you to give me a list of up to 16 of your absolute favorite films. I will collect everyone's data, from that, seed them based on your rankings and then generate a bracket with hopefully some interesting regions and pairings. From there we will have the Boneyard vote until we have an ultimate winner.

You don't have to give me 16 selections, the more the better but as many as you deem worthy is just fine. There are no wrong answers, if it happens that White Chicks faces off against one of the Police Academy movies in the final then so be it. I will collect answers until next Tuesday and then by the weekend I will probably start the pairings.

Vote submission form, have fun!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
In no particular order:

Django Unchained
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Big Short
Goodfellas
The Godfather 1
The Godfather 2
Slumdog Millionaire
Long Green Mile
Death at a Funeral (British version)
The Dictator
Zoolander
Braveheart
Hacksaw Ridge
The Lincoln Lawyer

Reaction Score
I'm already in, but a couple I forgot.

Jaws
Last of the Dogmen (better than DWW's)
The Right Stuff
Play it again Sam
White Lightening (won't make many top ten lists but one of my all time favorites)
Rudy
Big
Last but not least...."Empire of the Sun".... by far the most underated film Spielberg ever made. Can't believe I forgot this, if I had remembered it would have made my top 16.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Shawshank
Remember the Titans
Jaws
Raiders of the lost Ark
The Departed
The Godfather
Schindler's List
Good Will Hunting
Mississippi Burning
Scarface
The Scent of a Woman
Training Day
Top Gun
Pet Detective (When Nature Calls)
The Gangs of New York
Apocalypto
Braveheart
The Life of Brian (Monty Python)
The Holy Grail (Monty Python)
A Knight's Tale
Good Morning Vietnam
Platoon

Reaction Score
One very funny ancedote about Braveheart is after it's initial release several extras lined up as warriors ready to attack can be seen in the background wearing sunglasses. Lol

I recently rewatched Braveheart and was so disappointed at the battle scenes. Game of Thrones (and time) have really shown them to be pretty bad and I remember being blown away in the theater when I originally saw Braveheart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's the entry count at this point?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I recently rewatched Braveheart and was so disappointed at the battle scenes. Game of Thrones (and time) have really shown them to be pretty bad and I remember being blown away in the theater when I originally saw Braveheart.
I loved it when I first saw it, but then a good friend who is considerably more learned in history than I am told me that it contains one of the most fundamental anachronisms ever, because man had no real concept of individual freedom at that time.

Reaction Score
The extras didn't want to scratch up any sunglasses or wrist watches. Lol

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not big on thrillers as greatest movies because I don't like re-watching most of them, but it dawned on me last night that The Shining probably belongs--and that is a rare thriller that I will watch pretty much any time I can catch it.

Misery would probably be another one.

Reaction Score
I loved it when I first saw it, but then a good friend who is considerably more learned in history than I am told me that it contains one of the most fundamental anachronisms ever, because man had no real concept of individual freedom at that time.

There's important characters that the movie puts on the complete opposite side of who they supported, as well.

Reaction Score
I'm not big on thrillers as greatest movies because I don't like re-watching most of them, but it dawned on me last night that The Shining probably belongs--and that is a rare thriller that I will watch pretty much any time I can catch it.

Misery would probably be another one.
Both excellent, two I can watch over and over. The Shining still scares me. They are both in the horror genre but I can see them also being psychological thrillers. I'm a fan of the genre and your post reminded me I forgot one, John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my all-time favorites. The Omen, Jaws, Jacob's Ladder, Candyman, and Near Dark also come to mind.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Shining still scares me. They are both in the horror genre but I can see them also being psychological thrillers.

Yep and yep.

There is a hotel we've stayed at a couple times with hallways that remind me of The Shining. Every time I am walking around alone there I think I am going to see Danny or the twins around every corner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Both excellent, two I can watch over and over. The Shining still scares me. They are both in the horror genre but I can see them also being psychological thrillers. I'm a fan of the genre and your post reminded me I forgot one, John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my all-time favorites. The Omen, Jaws, Jacob's Ladder, Candyman, and Near Dark also come to mind.

i was watching jacobs ladder yesterday. its very good but like the sixth sense the shock only plays once

Reaction Score
Yep and yep.

There is a hotel we've stayed at a couple times with hallways that remind me of The Shining. Every time I am walking around alone there I think I am going to see Danny or the twins around every corner.
If you live in the Northeast you can visit the real Overlook Hotel that King based his story on, area is said to be haunted and is a great place to look for Indian artifacts. The hotel was built for rich New Yorkers at the top of Overlook Mountain in 1871.

Overlook Mountain - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Godfather
Godfather 2
Goodfellas
Untouchables
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Empire Strikes Back
Jaws
Forest Gump
Animal House
Rocky
Silence of the Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Patton
Caddyshack
Hoosiers

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I forgot to add Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Bastards

Reaction Score
If you live in the Northeast you can visit the real Overlook Hotel that King based his story on, area is said to be haunted and is a great place to look for Indian artifacts. The hotel was built for rich New Yorkers at the top of Overlook Mountain in 1871.

Overlook Mountain - Wikipedia
No, King based The Shining on the Stanley Hotel in Colorado. The outside of the hotel used in the film is the ski lodge on Mount Hood in Oregon.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You kinda did yourself in by allowing people to post lists. Although it's an easy task to import to a database. It's still time involved.

BUt you love movie threads.

Reaction Score
You kinda did yourself in by allowing people to post lists. Although it's an easy task to import to a database. It's still time involved.

BUt you love movie threads.
I’m actually excited to see how the numbers break down. By era, director, genre, etc. There are some funky choices people made on here, I’ll tell you that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did my eyes see “Legally Blonde” while scrolling down the first page?
It’s not on my list, but it caught my eye, too. But I have to admit that I really like that movie and almost always stop and watch when I catch it. The legal stuff isn’t bad, either, as movies go. Not quite My Cousin Vinny or A Few Good Men, but not bad.

Another “chick” movie that I love and always watch is Devil Wears Prada. Really well cast and well acted movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom