OT Syracuse Hillsman resigns | The Boneyard

OT Syracuse Hillsman resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Not exactly a knock-me-over-with-a-feather moment.

The university’s job would have been a helluvalot easier if he’d stepped down a couple of months ago when the writing was already on the wall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now, will we see another mass exodus into transfer portal or will this be great news for the incoming players?

HGN

Reaction Score
Hillsman had a style all his own, either you liked it or you didn't. But I think he will be a better coach at his next stop. Assuming there is a next stop. At least he should now know what he should not do whether guilty or not.

Syracuse is a good job for someone. Big , ACC , high profile , and in need of a HC .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What's the record for shortest time between getting to the final four and getting fired?
Maybe Kristy Curry who left Purude after 2006 after almost winning a title in 2001? I don't recall if she was fired but there were some recruiting violations under her that I believe led to her departure.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I didn’t think Hillsman would survive this one. Once the details of the allegations and complaints went viral, he was done. Too many media outlets covering the story, and too may folks asking questions. Too many former players willing to come forward to be interviewed and give depositions. No way the administration could get away with turning a blind eye towards this.

Somehow I have the feeling that Q will resurface somewhere in the near future. Maybe in 2-3 years, after the dust of this matter has settled, and all parties concerned have moved on.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not surprising, but this certainly throws Syracuse WBB into total chaos.
Syracuse classroom instruction resumes the same day UConn’s does, Monday August 30. It’s late in the year to recruit a head coach, but still enough time to find an interim coach. It's not outside the realm of possibility to find an up and coming assistant coach that did not land their dream job this summer and is waiting until next year. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another one (DJ Khaled voice) —I don’t think this is the last we’ll see. How many “resigned amid investigations” have we seen over the past few years?

Reaction Score
Maybe Kristy Curry who left Purude after 2006 after almost winning a title in 2001? I don't recall if she was fired but there were some recruiting violations under her that I believe led to her departure.
Not fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69