OT: Stock trading | Page 91 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Investors/banks get together all the time to squeeze shorts. You’re not allowed to do in on a message board, it needs to be done in private?

I haven't really posted in this thread... kind of like to think of work and money separate from my hobbies. But yeah,, I'm sure they'll regulate it somehow because guys with Robinhood accounts don't have the kind of political lobbying capital hedge funds do, but you're hitting the nail on the head here imo. Market manipulation is market manipulation. Just cause you wear a suit when you do it doesn't mean it should be legal.

Reaction Score
I haven't really posted in this thread... kind of like to think of work and money separate from my hobbies. But yeah,, I'm sure they'll regulate it somehow because guys with Robinhood accounts don't have the kind of political lobbying capital hedge funds do, but you're hitting the nail on the head here imo. Market manipulation is market manipulation. Just cause you wear a suit when you do it doesn't mean it should be legal.
The single advantage the little guy has in this situation is the general unpopularity of Wall Street. Regulating retail investors in favor of the big institutional players will have a steep political cost. People already perceive the game to be rigged.

Reaction Score
The single advantage the little guy has in this situation is the general unpopularity of Wall Street. Regulating retail investors in favor of the big institutional players will have a steep political cost. People already perceive the game to be rigged.

Certainly hope so!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I logged in to TD this morning and got a pop up that GME and AMC were being restricted. I didn't try to buy any but wondered what the restrictions were. If they're not allowing people to trade certain tickers, that's beyond wrong.

Reaction Score
I logged in to TD this morning and got a pop up that GME and AMC were being restricted. I didn't try to buy any but wondered what the restrictions were. If they're not allowing people to trade certain tickers, that's beyond wrong.

Did you bother to read the pop up? The restrictions apply to maintenance requirements and short selling, both of which apply when you are trading on margin, i.e. borrowing money from TD.

Reaction Score
Did you bother to read the pop up? The restrictions apply to maintenance requirements and short selling, both of which apply when you are trading on margin, i.e. borrowing money from TD.
Imagine that, fiduciary responsibility and reasonable risk containment.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Once the People of Sherwood Forest wake up everything should rip

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Yes, I did thank you and it said none of that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This whole Reddit/barstool/Twitter movement has been interesting to watch. I have GME and AMC up and watching them like a hawk.
I love it. Even without this, people are doing very well investing on their own. Granted the market is detached from reality, but still

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I love it. Even without this, people are doing very well investing on their own. Granted the market is detached from reality, but still
I’m debating pulling from Express and Tanger - putting it on Naked. $2.xx is still change I think we could see it jump to 5-6 today. Dunno tho.

Is anyone holding Nokia?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Aaand it's recovered and is up well above ATH in PM. Woops
Contrary to what the media says, Melvin capitol did not liquidate their short positions. The stock is still well over 100% short.

Reaction Score
AAL next? It went from $15 to above $19 in 2 days while other airlines barely moved.

It was a meme in July.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
AAL next? It went from $15 to above $19 in 2 days while other airlines barely moved.

It was a meme in July.
I’d just stay on AMC, GME, NOK, BB, EXPR, and BBBY because the more pressure the better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom