OT: Stock trading | Page 89 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I'm temped to sell everything. I just closed about 10 positions on what I perceive as the most overvalued stocks and funds
My take is quality, well-respected investment management companies, not just shorting shyters such as Melvin and other big GME shorters, may be selling across the board to free up cash. On the other hand, some quality US and non-US equities way down today may be relative steals and SPY and QQQ puts may be reasonable low cost hedging considerations. Then again, none of the preceding may prove to have any merit.

Reaction Score
Bought puts on $GME. Garbage company with no future in gaming since everything is going digital with next gen consoles. Reddit hype will die down by the time their next earnings comes out and everyone goes back to hating gamestop lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bought puts on $GME. Garbage company with no future in gaming since everything is going digits with next gen consoles. Reddit hype will die down by the time their next earnings comes out and everyone goes back to hating gamestop lol

How far out and what strike do you feel is worth it? I am thinking about doing this also. No way Reddit people will continue to hold long term.

Reaction Score
How far out and what strike do you feel is worth it? I am thinking about doing this also. No way Reddit people will continue to hold long term.
Jan 2022 $1 strike. Not counting on it going bankrupt in a year but when the price comes crashing back down to earth in a few weeks I'll sell em for a nice profit.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Bought puts on $GME. Garbage company with no future in gaming since everything is going digital with next gen consoles. Reddit hype will die down by the time their next earnings comes out and everyone goes back to hating gamestop lol
I triple dog dare you guys to post these on Wall Street Bets.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I just locked up a 21% profit on my total capital today thanks to Reddit lol. The internet is forever undefeated.

Can the government do anything to stop this?
Of course they could. But why make it easier for the rich? Make them think twice before they make massive short plays that daddy Cohen has to bail them out of. The game done changed today.

Reaction Score
Took 20% out of the market on Monday and bought some AMC which acted as a good hedge to today’s sell off. Rebought some of my Monday sells ($PYPL, $F, NOW) Hopefully FB AMZN and AAPL blow out, as it’s been a while since a down day is followed by another down

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Can it? Yes. Should it is another question. Wall Street has their guy in office so I wouldn't be shocked to see a push to regulate retail investors
They should be regulating "professional" investing shops first.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Took 20% out of the market on Monday and bought some AMC which acted as a good hedge to today’s sell off. Rebought some of my Monday sells ($PYPL, $F, NOW) Hopefully FB AMZN and AAPL blow out, as it’s been a while since a down day is followed by another down
I put 8% of my stock $ into BBBY today. Let's go!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
helllll no. I've followed WSB for a few years now, I know better than that lol
lol. Smart man. I've been scrolling through it everyday now for the past week. I laugh so hard. I could do without the use of the r-word, but other than that, it's absolutely hilarious.

Reaction Score
Of course they could. But why make it easier for the rich? Make them think twice before they make massive short plays that daddy Cohen has to bail them out of. The game dovne changed today.
In addition to the SEC potentially acting to limit excessive shorts relative to total outstanding shares or to float (GME ~140%), the SEC and brokerage firms are or will likely be scrutinizing some retail GME traders' activities, the brokerage firms' own risks and possible margin and option policy changes related to GME or similar activities.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
lol. Smart man. I've been scrolling through it everyday now for the past week. I laugh so hard. I could do without the use of the r-word, but other than that, it's absolutely hilarious.
It's not as good now but Dealbreaker was a great site and the message board comments were pure gold everyday. I suspect a lot of WSB folks came over from there because the humor is along the same lines.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My take is quality, well-respected investment management companies, not just shorting shyters such as Melvin and other big GME shorters, may be selling across the board to free up cash. On the other hand, some quality US and non-US equities way down today may be relative steals and SPY and QQQ puts may be reasonable low cost hedging considerations. Then again, none of the preceding may prove to have any merit.

I sold stuff like DIS, MU and some very solid companies that I felt were still at valuations that were probably unrealistic in the medium term. I kept SPY and QQQQ, but there are a lot of unrecognized gains in those two.

Has anybody every hired an active manager? I may do that.

Reaction Score
This week's stock competition:
@Matrim55 ... $GSAT = $1.18 on 1/25 9:30am
@UConnSwag11 ... $QYOUF = $0.17 on 1/25 9:32am
@Jaker ... $WPF = $13.855 @ 1/25 9:48am
After day three (today 6pm), Swag remains in the lead:
QYOUF = $0.1716 (-3%)
GSAT = $1.03 (-12.7%)
WPF = $11.10 (-19.9%)
Rough week. 2 days left!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m still convinced NOK is at a good price ($6.88 after hours right now). I’d take anything under $20 on AMC.

Reaction Score
$GME down 30% AH already lmfao. The charade is over. My puts will be printing money tomorrow

Reaction Score
still?
I don't know your risk tolerance. I'd expect illogical swings. I don't buy things I don't understand.

The forum went private. Not banned. Been a member there for a while. Only mods allowed in.

Check NOK after hours.

Reaction Score
Imagine the folks who owned GameStop at $4 a share for most of 2020 and rode the wave the last week....I hope they sold today because it's on its way back down earth as quickly as it rose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom