OT: Stock trading | Page 92 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
I’d just stay on AMC, GME, NOK, BB, EXPR, and BBBY because the more pressure the better.
Maybe they're diversifying, lol. Surprise attack on something else that wall streets isn't expecting. AAL now up 31%.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I haven't really posted in this thread... kind of like to think of work and money separate from my hobbies. But yeah,, I'm sure they'll regulate it somehow because guys with Robinhood accounts don't have the kind of political lobbying capital hedge funds do, but you're hitting the nail on the head here imo. Market manipulation is market manipulation. Just cause you wear a suit when you do it doesn't mean it should be legal.

Right. This probably is wrong/illegal but because of the underdog story and political capital it may get ignored

Reaction Score
Right. This probably is wrong/illegal but because of the underdog story and political capital it may get ignored
Can you regulate an unorganized message board? If the guys at WSB are telling people what to do, and it is open to everyone to read, there are free speech issues with saying they can't do this. They aren't taking their money and doing this. Also, they aren't themselves investing the money. It is a message board. Unless there is a coordinated effort to pump and dump, which doesn't appear to be the case, then i am not sure how it is manipulation.

They took data, found an inefficiency in the market, and recommended that money can be made by putting on a short squeeze on. I think that is fair. Hedge funds shouldn't expose themselves to that.

You play the game, you sometimes lose. Just because you are "important" doesn't innoculate you from the irrationality of the market.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Robinhood will not allow any purchases of GME, NOK or AMC right now. Only sales. Trying to get the public to panic. I hope the hedge funds get massacred today.
yup. they kicked the hornest nest yesterday. They don't know what they woke up with this

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't trade pre market anyway.

Reaction Score
Hey JFS, can you explain this a little more like I'm a toddler?
The hedge funds are required to buy these stocks back by a set time (call it 3:30 PM today for example). Robinhood and others closed out buying more stock on their apps so that the price can't go higher and the hedge funds lose any more than they have already

Reaction Score
Hey JFS, can you explain this a little more like I'm a toddler?
The hedge funds need to buy stock that they borrowed. Jerks borrowed stock to sell at 20 hoping to return the share to the owner at 13.

But, when it went crazy, they are looking to get out of the contract. Only way to do that is to buy stock and fast. So, if you can only sell shares, I would think that hedge funds are going to be able to buy the shares. Not retail investors.

So, hedge funds don't have the competition of the retail investor in acquiring shares to close their position.

Reaction Score
$nok down 20%. good buying opportunity, or is this the "dump" part of "pump & dump"?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The hedge funds need to buy stock that they borrowed. Jerks borrowed stock to sell at 20 hoping to return the share to the owner at 13.

But, when it went crazy, they are looking to get out of the contract. Only way to do that is to buy stock and fast. So, if you can only sell shares, I would think that hedge funds are going to be able to buy the shares. Not retail investors.

So, hedge funds don't have the competition of the retail investor in acquiring shares to close their position.

One thing being missed - the issue isn't just shorting and contracts. The issue is doing that WITHOUT hedging on something else to compensate. If you're hedged well, you can sit out all of this GME nonsense, and watch it plummet back to earth with a smile.

This is all about a hedge fund not hedging, and being caught.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom