OT: Stock trading | Page 181 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
At this point if you're not on the sideline, eveeything is a long term hold.

If you were on the sideline waiting to jump in, there are a lot of buying opportunities out there, but who really knows? Economic indicators are hard to gauge and the bottom can drop so do your research.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ha, I don’t even want to look at the markets anymore, much less talk about them. For people with dry powder and balls though. I think there are some great buys down here, especially on tech.

Yeah, I'm just sitting for now. But I honestly stand by what I said. Omicron is getting everyone, and for the moment, and maybe the next 2-3 weeks, that is causing a mess. So many people out, things just not functioning. Supply chain, staffing, everything. But the upside of that is that by February, cases are going to drop like a rock.

Market is looking scared right now, but this (unlike inflation) is truly transitory, and what's on the other side looks better than anything has since same time 2020.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm just sitting for now. But I honestly stand by what I said. Omicron is getting everyone, and for the moment, and maybe the next 2-3 weeks, that is causing a mess. So many people out, things just not functioning. Supply chain, staffing, everything. But the upside of that is that by February, cases are going to drop like a rock.

Market is looking scared right now, but this (unlike inflation) is truly transitory, and what's on the other side looks better than anything has since same time 2020.

I think second half of 2022 could still have a more legit, expected drop. We’re due for a real one (vs a black swan event)

Reaction Score
S&P, down <4% off of all-time high. No shocker, hyper-aggressive techs, crypto, etc down, while traditional energy, quality traditional insurance and banks, pharma and med equipment, and other value stocks generally faring OK. Early today, added bit to FLJP, DAPP, CNRG, HASI, IEUS. Contemplating nibbling some other tech with bigger drops, small cap JP ETF, and LINK when/if <20.

Reaction Score

I don’t think Omicron is really that big of a factor, it’s the Fed tightening that has the markets so spooked. Hopefully we get an inflation report this week that is lower than expected and a nice relief rally afterwards.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Someone here mentioned LWLG a few months back. Today's was it's highest close ever. Everyone should at least take a look at this one. Low share count, no debt, game changing technology.
That was me. They've got a game changing photonic process that will allow for faster data transmission using less electricity. Anyone in a data center will tell you the "less electricity" part is huge. Those of us that have it are hoping to hear about sales. This is currently a no revenue business that is between R&D and commercialization.

Reaction Score
Ha, I don’t even want to look at the markets anymore, much less talk about them. For people with dry powder and balls though. I think there are some great buys down here, especially on tech.
So the great buys actually happened today but this guy with no dry powder left didn’t capitalize, ha. Hope some of you were able to.

Reaction Score
Many of my stocks are back in the buy territory. If AMD drops back to $125 one more time, I am all over it, chip demand won't be going away. I loaded up on NEGG at $8.25

Reaction Score
Many of my stocks are back in the buy territory. If AMD drops back to $125 one more time, I am all over it, chip demand won't be going away. I loaded up on NEGG at $8.25
I agree on AMD. Chip stocks could be the hottest sector for a long time to come. Wish I had loaded up on $NVDA earlier today.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The one thing I've bought recently that has just gone up is OFSTF.

Reaction Score
Chainlink staking different then anything you've seen so far in the crypto space. Explicit Staking in Chainlink 2.0: An Overview

"Schmidt served as Google’s CEO from 2001 to 2011, when the company went public, launched services such as Gmail, Google Maps and Chrome, and acquired YouTube and Android." CONNECTIONS
I am sure there are at least a few people here that will thank you in a few years for LINK updates.

Reaction Score
I agree on AMD. Chip stocks could be the hottest sector for a long time to come. Wish I had loaded up on $NVDA earlier today.
Well a week or so back, you may have lucked out NOT buying NVDA > 20 bucks higher. In a different way, I lucked out taking some big profits on long held AMD and NVDA near 52-week highs several weeks ago. If current prices stabilize with higher than current lowish volume, may add bit of each back.

Reaction Score
PLTN, now there's no surprise. After sh|t loads of people bought equipment during SARS-2's worst days to date, demand shockingly falls off a cliff and production's shut down for a while.
>> Boom, today's PLTN trading halted. Down as much as 25%.

A year or so+ from now, potential clear out prices for underutilized, dust collecting PLTN equipment on OfferUp, Facebook, Craigslist, etc.

Reaction Score
PLTN, now there's no surprise. After sh|t loads of people bought equipment during SARS-2's worst days to date, demand shockingly falls off a cliff and production's shut down for a while.

A year or so+ from now, potential clear out prices for underutilized, dust collecting PLTN equipment on OfferUp, Facebook, Craigslist, etc.
Called this a while ago ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Doing what I've done for the last 20 years. Boring Vanguard mutual funds through dollar cost averaging each month. Worked so far!
Which mutual funds are you in with vang

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My God. Today was a blood bath. Wow. Lost a lot.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We’ll see a true bloodbath soon. Everyone big is over leveraged right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom