OT: Stock trading | Page 182 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Sold my 5 ethereum for 5k a piece a couple months ago and bought 20k in i-bonds to add to the house downpayment fund. 24,000 profit. Happy I did that right now. Always felt more like gambling than a real investment.

My gut is telling me broad index funds is going to be the way to go for a while.

Reaction Score
I think when it totally bottoms, forms a base, and if I sense some positive economic vibes, I'm going to start going back in with leveraged funds like TQQQ and FNGO.

Reaction Score
Sold my 5 ethereum for 5k a piece a couple months ago and bought 20k in i-bonds to add to the house downpayment fund. 24,000 profit. Happy I did that right now. Always felt more like gambling than a real investment.

My gut is telling me broad index funds is going to be the way to go for a while.

That‘s because it was…..

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on a NASDAQ index fund? I've been tech heavy, and they've been hit pretty had.

Oddly, it's easy to find and S&P fund/ETF, but not so finding a nasdaq fund/ETF.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on a NASDAQ index fund? I've been tech heavy, and they've been hit pretty had.

Oddly, it's easy to find and S&P fund/ETF, but not so finding a nasdaq fund/ETF.
QQQ

Reaction Score
Seriously. It’s an ETF that tracks the Nasdaq 100

You could also buy QYLD.
It tracks above mentioned ETF QQQ and is actively managed by selling Covered Calls on the top 100 NASDAQ companies and provides investors a Monthly 11.80% yield. Basically returns lots of premium $ gotten from selling calls from the top 100 NASDAQ companies.

Won’t grow, but is a great Monthly income vehicle.

Currently in Low 20s. Went to 18 during March 2020 and like 23.50 during record high NASDAQ.

Anyone near retirement that has to park $ somewhere, but it won’t grow any, but may need about a 8-11% yield, QYLD ain’t bad.

Popular on Reddit with young stupid kids like me, (I sold @ 23 and focused on growth ETFs), but I’d pick some up if I had to take an RMD and had to put it somewhere, but also wanted livable monthly income from it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

QQQQ has been a holding for me for over a decade. I quite like it as a core holding.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
'Seriously, or did you just stutter? Also, should have mentioned - I'd ideally like a Vanguard fund or ETF.
I throw my serious money into vanguard and dabble a little on the side. VTSAX gets the lion's share. Google bogleheads and the 3 fund strategy. I'm young(ish) enough that I go heavy on VTSAX. It's been very kind to me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

As mentioned earlier by a poster, QQQ - or the 3x leveraged fund TQQQ.

Reaction Score
I hope Bitcoin goes to a dollar
I don’t care so much what Bitcoin does other than the fact that it impacts the price of other crypto. ETH is a pretty solid play in my opinion, especially because I bought more around $2350 and I think there’s more upside from here than downside

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
guy I follow on twitter thinks all this selling is about leverage and margin, not fear selling. Yet.

Reaction Score
guy I follow on twitter thinks all this selling is about leverage and margin, not fear selling. Yet.
"all"? Nah, not all IMHO. Deleveraging/margin calls play a role, but other pretty obvious factors exist: inflation/interest rate increases (US, UK, EU likely to come), continuing pandemic impacts (disincentives for some people to return to work or seek work nationwide until some run out of money, current hospitalization rates still rising nationwide vs declining rates in some areas, e.g., Tri-state and MA, etc, Russia-caused instabilities, unclear mainland China instabilities, over bought US equities of all cap sizes across most sectors (less so in old energy, some financials, cyclicals), broad inexperienced trader reactions (cough, investors) and some more experienced LT investors alike, un-/underhedged investors jumping out, some institutions CYAing or capitulating, etc etc etc. Others, some nibbling. Just one broader opinion

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
In smallish, aggressive self-managed accounts this morning, bought 1st ETH and more LINK <14 thanks to some exercised SPY and QQQ put profits. Hah, they'll probably tank more ST. ;)
Do you trade options?

Reaction Score
That was me. They've got a game changing photonic process that will allow for faster data transmission using less electricity. Anyone in a data center will tell you the "less electricity" part is huge. Those of us that have it are hoping to hear about sales. This is currently a no revenue business that is between R&D and commercialization.
Is it a buy at his time? Seems to have dropped significantl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom