OT: Steven Enoch commits to Louisville | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Steven Enoch commits to Louisville

Reaction Score
How this isn't a knock on Ollie is pure fantasy... RP a coach who is an indisputable better coach than KO watched SE tape from this past year and talked to him and recruited him anyways... That means 1 of the following things, 1. He is a better evaluator of talent and saw that SE clearly has untapped talent. 2. He realizes SE he is lazy and he believes that he can get SE to work harder than he did while at UConn... 3. SE was utilized incorrectly and RP believes he can use SE correctly and he'll flourish.

This is absolutely not a positive in KO resume... we aren't KU,UK or Duke losing a player to a top program isn't no big deal...

Here's the perfect POST for me to tee off ...

How many of the 365 D1 Programs (or even the 65 P5 Programs + the Big East) would love to have the Chanpionship trophy of 2014 in their trophy case PLUS the Head Coach who indisputably drove them through that March. How many stories are like Kevin Ollie in the 38 years since Magic versus Larry Bird opened this modern era?

YES. This 16-17 is deserving of acrimony. A reboot. A review and crying. But ... you are left with a coach who actually has a future; can recruit; loves OUR school; and is now showing he is willing to change and work to get better. The moves since the last game are disheartening. The University, David Benedict and Kevin Ollie ... and talk of OUR culture ... gives me great hope that we can climb back. We all know that what happened is not acceptable to any component of stakeholders of UConn MBB. And yet ... this is on the Fanbase as well. Go watch the UConn WBB if you want nothing but wins. You have got a talent as a young coach. Can he get us back up?

Reaction Score
The planet where he came to Louisville a top 5 stud who was the highest ranked recruit they've had in recent history and he left undrafted/is currently playing overseas. Is that considered a successful career for someone so highly touted? He was fine in his 2 years at Lville, but Pitino certainly didn't coach him up to NBA level.

Seems I could take the top 20 from the last 20 years and come up with that story 85-95% of the time.

Sometimes it is absolutely on that individual player. Samuels had the capacity to be a NBA player ... but long careers go to the Jared Dudley's who figure out how to survive on a roster for that big check. Or a Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Seems I could take the top 20 from the last 20 years and come up with that story 85-95% of the time.

Sometimes it is absolutely on that individual player. Samuels had the capacity to be a NBA player ... but long careers go to the Jared Dudley's who figure out how to survive on a roster for that big check. Or a Kevin Ollie.
Completely agree with you if we are spanning out and looking at the top 10, with that volume of players there is bound to be some stories of guys not living up to the hype. With that said, in the last 10 years we've only seen 2 other players ranked top 5 in the recruiting class go undrafted (Cliff Alexander and Isaiah Austin). About ~75% of the top 5 ranked recruits have gone in the 1st round of the NBA draft.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Samuels averaged 16 points and seven rebounds as a sophomore.

Who cares what's he did as a pro - he was nothing like a miss for Louisville.

And he did play three years in the NBA

Reaction Score

How many of the 365 D1 Programs (or even the 65 P5 Programs + the Big East) would love to have the Chanpionship trophy of 2014 in their trophy case PLUS the Head Coach who indisputably drove them through that March. How many stories are like Kevin Ollie in the 38 years since Magic versus Larry Bird opened this modern era?

YES. This 16-17 is deserving of acrimony. A reboot. A review and crying. But ... you are left with a coach who actually has a future; can recruit; loves OUR school; and is now showing he is willing to change and work to get better. The moves since the last game are disheartening. The University, David Benedict and Kevin Ollie ... and talk of OUR culture ... gives me great hope that we can climb back. We all know that what happened is not acceptable to any component of stakeholders of UConn MBB. And yet ... this is on the Fanbase as well. Go watch the UConn WBB if you want nothing but wins. You have got a talent as a young coach. Can he get us back up?

Well said Pudge. The crybabies here, oh my god, insufferable.

Reaction Score
The only place I judge Pitino is in the fact that he has excellent teams almost every year at a place that isn't Kentucky. For that, he deserves respect, even though the program's reputation is a crying joke. Personally, I don't get hung up on the "production of NBA" players. Give me college wins instead. And obviously Pitino excels there, and always has, wherever he has been.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I see you've "tee'd off" on my post... not sure why but thus is the life of a message board. I don't care about "stories like Kevin Ollie in 38 years..." I don't care about feel good. I care about winning. No where have I suggested that KO should be fired in FACT, I bet another poster on this board that UConn WOULD finish in the top25 this coming year, so I obviously have confidence in KO however, very few things that have happened in the past 24 months have been good...

As to your snide remark on if I want nothing but wins I should watch WBB....good one?

C

Chief00

Pitino took Steve because there could be all sorts of NCAA sanctions that might impact recruiting next year or the following year. Plus, Steve will be a very solid player in my estimation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom