OT: Steven Enoch commits to Louisville

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow. Good luck to him, kinda.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Certainly not surprised. I expect all the transfers to land at high majors.

It might actually be good for him in that they can hide his defensive deficiencies in middle of that zone.

He will also get pushed hard, which frankly, he needs no matter where he ends up.

Reaction Score
Well ... some of you are going to get your wish.

There is no way that kid is going to play for Pitino with the effort/defensive intensity we saw at moments of February. He is either going to flame out bigtime because he simply cannot focus on what he has been coached to do (and won't play more than 12 minutes a game) ... or he is going to develop. His hands. I keep saying that. Enoch has a chance to be darn good.

Reaction Score
I wish he could play next year so we could watch him get worked by Wendell Carter assuming he gets on the floor

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
You have to play defense for Pitino, too. We shall see.
Well, one thing Pitino has been able to do is develop some raw big guys (emphasis on some). We'll see if Enoch's foot speed allows him to play the kind of D Louisville plays.

Reaction Score
From Jody Demling Scout article:

>>"They have a lot of resources that allow their players to become better athletes," Enoch said. "I would say they have a lot of resources. The players at Louisville have a good training and support systems. They're very supportive of their players and I liked that a lot."<<

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that we may see how good Montrezl Harrell would have been if he was 3 inches taller. Enoch has 19 months to learn how to play defense; I think he can do it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It didn't work out for him at UConn. KO badly wanted him to stay at UConn because he saw Steve's potential. I think if he can get excited about playing defense the way he's excited about playing offense he's going to be a terrific player.

I don't subscribe to the narrative it's on either KO or Steve. Sometimes people need a different environment to reach their potential. Good luck Steve.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

>>"They have a lot of resources that allow their players to become better athletes," Enoch said. "I would say they have a lot of resources. The players at Louisville have a good training and support systems. They're very supportive of their players and I liked that a lot."<<

Shots fired!

Also, kids don't have to worry about academics there (at all), so they can focus totally on basketball. Huge advantage to Ville.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that we may see how good Montrezl Harrell would have been if he was 3 inches taller. Enoch has 19 months to learn how to play defense; I think he can do it.

Steve seems nothing like Montrezl personality-wise.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Shots fired!

Also, kids don't have to worry about academics there (at all), so they can focus totally on basketball. Huge advantage to Ville.
I got the impression Steve was a good student who valued education so I would say this is patently false even though I know you are just joking.

And yes they are shots. Similar to what Alex posted when he went to Missouri. I hope Steve has a better outcome than Alex.

Reaction Score
AO was drafted and subsequently a part of one of the worst trades in NBA history when he was dealt for a future AS and never played a minute in the league

Anytime he Googles his name he'll immediately see "worst trades in history of NBA...."

I got the impression Steve was a good student who valued education so I would say this is patently false even though I know you are just joking.

And yes they are shots. Similar to what Alex posted when he went to Missouri. I hope Steve has a better outcome than Alex.

Reaction Score

Wow that last sentence is a complete shot at Ollie/UConn. With this plus the Jacobs article you have to think Ollie really ragged on all the players a lot without the players feeling much of that "tough love." Being on a losing team and hearing that badgering will kill a player's confidence and will create a hostility vibe towards the coach.

Anybody who has been on a losing team knows the feeling in the locker room when expectations are not being met and the coach continues to scream. It becomes more of a feeling of annoyance than a feeling of disappointment/wanting to get better. Maybe this theory of getting "uconn-type" guys would change that feeling of a locker room however I doubt that is the only cure.

Who knows, maybe the players really needed to be coddled and weren't up for the task to see reality and fix their weaknesses in their game. However, these comments and the article have really made me start to question Ollie's tactics of late. Hoping he can turn it around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom