OT - Sterling Banned For Life and Receives a $2.5M Fine | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Sterling Banned For Life and Receives a $2.5M Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is a much higher sense of indigence about Sterling than there is Irsay. Should there be? I don't care if it was "accidental". Irsay's situation is far worse.
Death is always worse than a few sticks and stones, but there is no evidence that Irsay had anything to do with the woman's death other than location. Second, he is in rehab. Goodell may very well bring down the hammer when he gets out. Seems to be needless piling on at this point.

Reaction Score
Isn't this the same guy who employed a black GM for 22 years at a time when there was only 1 other black GM in the league? And a colossal failure of a GM at that?

you seriously need to do some reading on his housing discrimination case and how it affected actual lives. if you don't want to, and just think his racist history is limited to a recorded convo, fine, but don't expect me to take you or anyone else trying to deflect or play the time honored boneyard/internet tradition of "blame a Negro" seriously.

Reaction Score
Anybody crying over this d!ckhead losing his team needs to do some research on his past dealings and understand how his real life racism affected people's lives. Silver can say that that didn't play a part in this decision, but this lifetime ban was correcting a wrong that Stern didn't have the balls to do back then.
Absolutely.

Reaction Score
you seriously need to do some reading on his housing discrimination case and how it affected actual lives. if you don't want to, and just think his racist history is limited to a recorded convo, fine, but don't expect me to take you or anyone else trying to deflect or play the time honored boneyard/internet tradition of "blame a Negro" seriously.

How could you say something so racist?!

Reaction Score

That's an impressive Strawman. Do you a have a manual or did you do that one by hand?

Just out of curiosity, where were you when he was practicing this business of housing discrimination? That's far more offensive than anything he said to his trashbag "archivist". And that actually affected people's lives.

Reaction Score
That's an impressive Strawman. Do you a have a manual or did you do that one by hand?

what strawman did I play? I brought up his past, which effed with people's lives(this is actually documented), and you bring up him employing Elgin Baylor, who later sued him by the way. Did you just not deflect??

Reaction Score
This is a bad precedent. Instead of all the shouting from the soap boxes by everyone, the NBA should have just made it difficult enough for Sterling to continue to own the team that he would have to sell it.

A woman died at a house owned by Colts owner Robert Irsay from a drug overdose, and she appears to be a social connection of his. Is that more or less bad than Sterling's comments on a private phone line?
I don't agree, but I get your point. But the players were in an uproar...he had to do this, or there would be boycotts.

Silver is the big winner here. He has earned a huge amount of credibility from the players because of this and he's demonstrated the type of action he can take against an owner.

Reaction Score
what strawman did I play? I brought up his past, which effed with people's lives(this is actually documented), and you bring up him employing Elgin Baylor, who later sued him by the way. Did you just not deflect??

1. I never said his racist history is limited to this recorded conversation.

2. I did not deflect anything. I simply brought up a fact that doesn't support your narrative. I guess you don't like that.

3. Please point out to the specific instance where I "blamed a Negro"? I'll wait.

Reaction Score
1. I never said his racist history is limited to this recorded conversation.

2. I did not deflect anything. I simply brought up a fact that doesn't support your narrative. I guess you don't like that.

3. Please point out to the specific instance where I "blamed a Negro"? I'll wait.

LOL @ my narrative, yes I am coming up with the Sterling is a racist narrative, and his own actions themselves haven't written that for him. If you're aware of his past then you should have no doubt that he is a racist, and employing Baylor for however long as he did as one of the lowest paid GMs doesn't change that. As for 3, I decided to lump you in with the other posters already rallying against Jay-Z, Al Shaprton, and whoever is next on their target list, you can go in the same pot for all I care, you seem to be heading down that path anyway defending this slime.

Reaction Score
LOL @ my narrative, yes I am coming up with the Sterling is a racist narrative, and his own actions themselves haven't written that for him. If you're aware of his past then you should have no doubt that he is a racist, and employing Baylor for however long as he did as one of the lowest paid GMs doesn't change that. As for 3, I decided to lump you in with the other posters already rallying against Jay-Z, Al Shaprton, and whoever is next on their target list, you can go in the same pot for all I care, you seem to be heading down that path anyway defending this slime.

Well there is Strawman #4. I never said Sterling was not a racist. I just don't care whether he received a lifetime ban or no ban.

I'm more disgusted by his practice of housing discrimination than I am about these words. I guess that makes me unique.

Reaction Score
Well there is Strawman #4. I never said Sterling was not a racist. I just don't care whether he received a lifetime ban or no ban.

I'm more disgusted by his practice of housing discrimination than I am about these words. I guess that makes me unique.

It actually doesn't make you unique at all, I feel the same way and everyone should, its just that alot of people weren't aware of it before because the media and David Stern's punk ass ignored it.

Reaction Score
Among all the hype, I'm looking for real 'damage' here. Didn't notice that he was in any violation of contracts.
the players are protesting, but none are sitting out any games. Doc Rivers said that "if it were up to me", the fans should stay away from the games. But if he is so outraged, why doesn't he stay away from the games? Those $20M pay checks must outweigh any personal skin in this game.

Let's follow the other money.

The woman who spilled the beans is a case in herself. According to Yahoo News and curt papers, she changed her name from Perez to Stiviano in 2010 as she had not "yet been fully accepted because of my race."

She is being sued by Sterling's wife as Stiviano “engages in conduct designed to target, befriend, seduce and then entice, cajole, borrow from, cheat and/or receive as gifts transfers of wealth from wealthy older men.” The suit charges that Rochelle Sterling believed the $1.8 million duplex in which Stiviano now resides was being purchased in the Sterlings' names, and that Stiviano has received gifts including four cars (two Bentleys, one Ferrari, and one Range Rover) and about $240,000 in "living expenses." The allegation, then, is that Donald Sterling gave Stiviano about $2 million in community property without Rochelle Sterling's knowledge. Do I smell motivation??

What is startling is that, while no teams were for sale, Magic Johnson and his partners, Guigenheim Partners, have conveniently stepped forward to express interest in a team, and in 3 days, the NBA has decided to dump Sterling, creating just such an opportunity. Do I smell a bum's rush??

Oh, and Donald Trump agrees that Sterling was set up by a very bad girlfriend.

So how much did the Gugie team slip her???

Lastly, the race card bait. The ample PR being supplied frames the race issue. The guy probably said it, etc, etc. But with 30 years of apparent dismay and no action, why now? The race card pros have chimed in. Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh pointed to the hypocrisy of Jesse 'hymie town' Jackson (as he called him on his show) chiming in. Even the pres had time to ignore Bengazi to add his 2 cents. The $64 question is: did I miss comments by Al Sharpton - the premier shake-down artist?? In this environment, race sells, and everyone is talking about race, and therefor distracted from the $$. Bait and switch the narrative. Doug Henning would be pleased! Banned for life?

Follow the $$. But I wonder what he can get for the team?? Stay tuned to see how many bidders there are.

Sorry you are all looking at the babe in the bleachers while home plate was stolen.

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
A man has a right to run his business, no matter what his prejudices.

I see you agree the NBA owners have a "right" to run their business and ban the bigot for life.

Reaction Score
Among all the hype, I'm looking for real 'damage' here. Didn't notice that he was in any violation of contracts.
the players are protesting, but none are sitting out any games. Doc Rivers said that "if it were up to me", the fans should stay away from the games. But if he is so outraged, why doesn't he stay away from the games? Those $20M pay checks must outweigh any personal skin in this game.

Let's follow the other money.

The woman who spilled the beans is a case in herself. According to Yahoo News and curt papers, she changed her name from Perez to Stiviano in 2010 as she had not "yet been fully accepted because of my race."

She is being sued by Sterling's wife as Stiviano “engages in conduct designed to target, befriend, seduce and then entice, cajole, borrow from, cheat and/or receive as gifts transfers of wealth from wealthy older men.” The suit charges that Rochelle Sterling believed the $1.8 million duplex in which Stiviano now resides was being purchased in the Sterlings' names, and that Stiviano has received gifts including four cars (two Bentleys, one Ferrari, and one Range Rover) and about $240,000 in "living expenses." The allegation, then, is that Donald Sterling gave Stiviano about $2 million in community property without Rochelle Sterling's knowledge. Do I smell motivation??

What is starting is that, while no teams were for sale, Magic Johnson and his partners, Guigenheim Partners, have conveniently stepped forward to express interest in a team, and in 3 days, the NBA has decided to dump Sterling, creating just such an opportunity. Do I smell a bum's rush??

Oh, and Donald Trump agrees that Sterling was set up by a ery bad girlfriend.

So how much did the Gugie team slip her???

I honestly have no idea if this is sarcasm or not.

Reaction Score
Will any any black NBA player who makes racist comments about whites in private or public also be banned for life?

I am sure no black NBA has EVER made that comment
If we applied your logic to the Boneyard would you be willing to volunteer/impose yourself to a lifetime ban?

Reaction Score
Will any any black NBA player who makes racist comments about whites in private or public also be banned for life?

I am sure no black NBA has EVER made that comment

Thank you, Cliven Bundy.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Thank you, Cliven Bundy.
so now he's a racist for stating that any black racist should be banned from the league as well? I guess anyone with any opinion that in some way can be construed to be somehow anti African American is a racist?

Reaction Score
so now he's a racist for stating that any black racist should be banned from the league as well? I guess anyone with any opinion that in some way can be construed to be somehow anti African American is a racist?
Your logic is significantly lacking. He's a racist because of the many posts he's made on this forum, if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom