OT: Stansbury's check bounces | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Stansbury's check bounces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Women's basketball fans - specifically, UConn women's basketball fans - are the nicest people on earth.

They applaud teams that beat us. Pat Summit accused UConn of cheating and they were not really even that angry about it. I'd say 99.999% of them would paint Elena Delle Donne's garage if she asked them to - they harbor no grudges about anything. I don't even go over to that board because I feel like Godzilla stomping through Tokyo whenever I do. They are very nice. I feel out of place there.
That's about the nicest thing I think you've ever posted. I didn't think you had it in you!

Reaction Score
Yeah, if the men played with the lack of effort and heart that the women did against Miss St, the site might actually crash.
Did you actually watch the game?

Reaction Score
I guess he was upset that Tremont Waters decided not to go to WKU.....It's the only logical explanation.
LOL. Now Robinson appears to be choosing between Kentucky and LSU.

Now if he chooses LSU...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Did you actually watch the game?

Yes. They were sluggish all game. Nurse and KLS stood around on offense.

They were dominated on the boards and to every loose ball.

Gabby was fabulous. Everyone else gets a D for effort.

Reaction Score
Yes. They were sluggish all game. Nurse and KLS stood around on offense.

They were dominated on the boards and to every loose ball.

Gabby was fabulous. Everyone else gets a D for effort.
You saw what you wanted to see. They ran out of gas at the end of the game. That's it. They went 6 deep all year and the starting 5 played an insane number of minutes throughout the year. But they weren't sluggish all game.

As far as rebounding was concerned, they were at a major size disadvantage.

Between lacking size and lacking depth, it is obvious that the myth that Geno gets all the good players is just that, a myth.

If the girls played like the guys have played the last few years. Geno would have benched them all and forfeited.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You saw what you wanted to see. They ran out of gas at the end of the game. That's it. They went 6 deep all year and the starting 5 played an insane number of minutes throughout the year. But they weren't sluggish all game.

As far as rebounding was concerned, they were at a major size disadvantage.

Between lacking size and lacking depth, it is obvious that the myth that Geno gets all the good players is just that, a myth.

If the girls played like the guys have played the last few years. Geno would have benched them all and forfeited.

Guys like Purvis make me wanna pull my hair out with his low Bball IQ.

But damn if the dude didn't go hard.

The girls came out sluggish from the start.

Watch the speed they played at in the AAC tourney vs. the slow jog they played at against Missi st.

Reaction Score
Guys like Purvis make me wanna pull my hair out with his low Bball IQ.

But damn if the dude didn't go hard.

The girls came out sluggish from the start.

Watch the speed they played at in the AAC tourney vs. the slow jog they played at against Missi st.

Dempster before you go on vacation would you please put a stop to this !

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LOL. Now Robinson appears to be choosing between Kentucky and LSU.

Now if he chooses LSU...

You have to be kidding me. Why have rules anymore if this is going to happen? If anyone gave a darn there would be investigators on campus the day Robinson announces where he is going, but of course no one cares as long as the right schools are cheating.

Reaction Score
Wait what? There was abject fury during and after that whole episode. Like vile hatred. Of Pat Summitt. Of Joan Cronan, TN woman's AD. Of the assistants. 100s of threads. Guarantee @HuskyNan doesn't miss modding that time period one bit. There's still a not insignificant cohort who harbor those feelings all these years later, even after her death.

Admittedly, I posted more over there during those years cause I reveled in it.
We really don't have a UConn Women's' board in the normal sense.
There are a few alumni who are rabid about all things UConn but not many.
It's more of a National Forum for Women's Basketball and Sports in general.
At anytime there are almost as many Non UConn fans as UConn fans.
Don't ever go there expecting much reinforcement for a UConn position unless it pertains to Women's' Basketball. It's not a knock it points to the limited discussion outlets for Women's sport national and how important the BY is to those fans.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We really don't have a UConn Women's' board in the normal sense.
There are a few alumni who are rabid about all things UConn but not many.
It's more of a National Forum for Women's Basketball and Sports in general.
At anytime there are almost as many Non UConn fans as UConn fans.
Don't ever go there expecting much reinforcement for a UConn position unless it pertains to Women's' Basketball. It's not a knock it points to the limited discussion outlets for Women's sport national and how important the BY is to those fans.

It was different on TOS. A different scene back in the day actually. I feel like it's gotten more uptight as the years have gone on. There's a lot more 'other' fans now as well.

TN was in it's heyday, and there was as intense a rivalry between the two boards as there was between the teams. That was actually a big part of the 'sanction scandal'. A mod and poster on the other board sent in all the info to the TN athletic department. Too funny

Reaction Score
On Monday, WKU coach Rick Stansbury announced that Robinson was indefinitely suspended from the program due to a violation of team rules.

"Mitchell is a good kid, but the team will always be more important than one individual player," Stansbury said in a statement. "He needs to understand the value of structure and accountability in his life, and his return will be dependent upon requirements that will be handled internally. My focus is on our team, and I'm excited about this group as we prepare for next week's trip to Costa Rica."

Western Kentucky suspends 5-star freshman after he bolts from campus

Is that like grounding someone else's child?

Reaction Score
On Monday, WKU coach Rick Stansbury announced that Robinson was indefinitely suspended from the program due to a violation of team rules.

"Mitchell is a good kid, but the team will always be more important than one individual player," Stansbury said in a statement. "He needs to understand the value of structure and accountability in his life, and his return will be dependent upon requirements that will be handled internally. My focus is on our team, and I'm excited about this group as we prepare for next week's trip to Costa Rica."

Western Kentucky suspends 5-star freshman after he bolts from campus

Is that like grounding someone else's child?

More like grounding your shared custody kid for just the period of time he's at your spouse's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I applaud Stansbury for ignoring the situation on the ground as it is and framing it as he would like it to be.

I think Ollie should suspend Enoch and Durham and announce if they continue to go to school elsewhere, they will not be permitted to play at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom