OT: Stansbury's check bounces | The Boneyard

OT: Stansbury's check bounces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thread title is a shameless, corny joke. But...

Also, before people ask, since Robinson is enrolled as a WKU student he would be considered a transfer, so he'd have to sit out a year. He's also a probable one and done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This has seemed inevitable since Shammond Williams left the coaching staff

Reaction Score
The thread title is a shameless, corny joke. But...

Also, before people ask, since Robinson is enrolled as a WKU student he would be considered a transfer, so he'd have to sit out a year. He's also a probable one and done.

Surely there's no chance this guy plays a second of college ball?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the meltdown here if the #8 recruit in the country enrolled, took classes for 2 weeks and then left?

Reaction Score
Never say never. It happened on the WBB side with Elena Delle-Donne.
And there's a fairly large segment of the fanbase who still an irrational amount of hate for her leaving despite UConn still being incredibly successful during those years. And she had a legitimate reason to leave

Reaction Score
Is "as soon as yesterday" just awkward phrasing or a colorful way to say he was in a hurry?

"This party's lame."
"Yeah, we need to leave as soon as possible."
"No, not as soon as possible. As soon as yesterday!"

Reaction Score
This has seemed inevitable since Shammond Williams left the coaching staff
Probably. But Williams was gone before Robinson got to school. So if he had doubts then he should never have showed up on campus.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Squid picked him up, even helped him pack his bags

Maybe he had a sleep over with one of Pitino's girls

In all seriousness, unless a story comes out like Della-Donne's, I think this is yet another example of today's "entitlement" issues. Seems like we have less honor and greater self-worth, everyone wants to be pampered and they run when the road gets rough

Reaction Score
Squid picked him up, even helped him pack his bags

Maybe he had a sleep over with one of Pitino's girls

In all seriousness, unless a story comes out like Della-Donne's, I think this is yet another example of today's "entitlement" issues. Seems like we have less honor and greater self-worth, everyone wants to be pampered and they run when the road gets rough
oldmanyellsatcloud.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And there's a fairly large segment of the fanbase who still an irrational amount of hate for her leaving despite UConn still being incredibly successful during those years. And she had a legitimate reason to leave
It's not irrational. And she quit on her 1st pro team as well.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

She would have legit finished her college career undefeated if she didn't jump ship.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We'll agree to disagree there, but to each his own. I certainly won't tell anyone else how to feel but I just don't understand the level of hatred some have for her

Who has any hatred for her?

Reaction Score
Who has any hatred for her?
Maybe I'm exaggerating the number of people but from a few random threads I've ventured over to read on the women's board there are people who actively root against her for leaving UConn

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm exaggerating the number of people but from a few random threads I've ventured over to read on the women's board there are people who actively root against her for leaving UConn

Women's basketball fans - specifically, UConn women's basketball fans - are the nicest people on earth.

They applaud teams that beat us. Pat Summit accused UConn of cheating and they were not really even that angry about it. I'd say 99.999% of them would paint Elena Delle Donne's garage if she asked them to - they harbor no grudges about anything. I don't even go over to that board because I feel like Godzilla stomping through Tokyo whenever I do. They are very nice. I feel out of place there.

Reaction Score
Women's basketball fans - specifically, UConn women's basketball fans - are the nicest people on earth.

They applaud teams that beat us. Pat Summit accused UConn of cheating and they were not really even that angry about it. I'd say 99.999% of them would paint Elle Delle Donne's garage if she asked them to - they harbor no grudges about anything. I don't even go over to that board because I feel like Godzilla stomping through Tokyo whenever I do. They are very nice. I feel out of place there.
Started typing this as an edit to my previous post but I'll do it here. There's a chance I'm wrong on this, I very rarely go over to the women's board so looking back I lack the context. What seems like them still harboring ill will towards her 8 years later may have just been a conversation on the rare day I was over there and not the norm for UConn fans

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They applaud teams that beat us. Pat Summit accused UConn of cheating and they were not really even that angry about it.

Wait what? There was abject fury during and after that whole episode. Like vile hatred. Of Pat Summitt. Of Joan Cronan, TN woman's AD. Of the assistants. 100s of threads. Guarantee @HuskyNan doesn't miss modding that time period one bit. There's still a not insignificant cohort who harbor those feelings all these years later, even after her death.

Admittedly, I posted more over there during those years cause I reveled in it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

They applaud teams that beat us. Pat Summit accused UConn of cheating and they were not really even that angry about it. I'd say 99.999% of them would paint Elena Delle Donne's garage if she asked them to - they harbor no grudges about anything. I don't even go over to that board because I feel like Godzilla stomping through Tokyo whenever I do. They are very nice. I feel out of place there.

Yeah, if the men played with the lack of effort and heart that the women did against Miss St, the site might actually crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom