OT--songs by women who rock | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT--songs by women who rock

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Many versions and performers of this Springsteen written classic ... sung by a 30ish, now 70ish...classy classic.

Later on, Patti performs it at 68... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGdx3I3dPE

I won't post more links, but be sure to catch some of her performances of Gloria back in the day.

Wow, thank you for posting this @jimazee. I'm 47 yo and probably haven't thought of this song in 40 years. The minute I heard it I went back in time and remembered my parents dancing to this song on 8 track while washing the dishes, handing them to my older brother and sister and I so we could dry. It's weird, the things you don't remember but never truly forget. Same memories come back anytime I hear Anne Murray or Leo Sayer too. Haha!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was late to the party with this band. Found them thru Pandora. They have some good stuff.

edited: you know at the end of movies when there is a disclaimer "no animals were harmed"... pretty sure that doesn't apply here, some of those critters are goners

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seeing "Cannonball" by The Breeders earlier in the thread made me think of some similar stuff from that era.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is an all male band but this song has a guest vocal featuring Amy Lee from Evanescence. Slow burner that picks up some steam in the middle.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is a young British folk singer who's got a bit of an edge to her voice.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here's another singer that's usually really mellow. Here she's having a blast doing a campy cover of a Blondie song. I think her music career came first but she's also an actress, recently seen in one of the major roles in the Harry Potter prequel series.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another live cover song. I've seen her perform this a couple times, it really gets cookin' toward the end.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Video contains scenes from the late 80's teen movie "Hiding Out" starring Jon Cryer...great 80's movie soundtrack.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Walk Away - Kelly Clarkson. I have an old album of hers called My December that is dark, more rock than pop and I read she and her studio fought over it. I liked it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I read she and her studio fought over it

That's a too often heard story. I wish studios would let musicians create the music they want to rather than meddling with them. It's not uncommon for artists to eventually go independent so they have complete creative control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom