OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know what you disagree with. There's really no confusion here.

I also understand that you'll never give an inch on this point.

But higher standards need to apply as to what pertains to knowledge. There's nothing but gray area when it comes to how teenagers' minds work. The tension comes because insiders can't claim to be insiders unless they claim to know things, but they're claiming to know things that are, in most cases, unknowable.

So basically nobody knows anything and we shouldn't even post about what recruits might be thinking.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Man, what do I need to do to get in that category - be wrong ? LOL
Diaco, Diallo, AD, Miller, Travis and numerous other calls

A lot of people made those same calls. I will personally give you credit for being on the Travis for a while. Not many others were on that.

As far as Miller goes, most aren't really surprised, but I think it's a case of Benedict needing to make changes and Miller's pretty much the only option there [Ollie's not going anywhere; Killings just got here; and Ricky is a perfect EOB assistant]. Things definitely changed once Warde left.

Your biggest problem is you are often too vague, and post a lot of diff things. It's far easier to be 'right' with that method.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I really don't agree Diallo changed his mind. I think KO was being fed very bad information - not saying intentionally but rather it was someone's incorrect and self serving read of the situation.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if, were we saddled with just a couple of losses, Diallo would have matriculated UCONN this spring. We looked so bad.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I love how some on the board feel the need to call people out. Really, what's the point?

If you don't find someone credible, don't pay attention to their posts. If you find their posts annoying, use the ignore function. It's not hard.

It seems like some posters want everyone else to not believe or not see some posts. Newsflash, we're all big boys (and girls) here. We can decide for ourselves. I'm not calling anyone out in this thread, just noting a disturbing trend on the board.

FWIW, I appreciate people posting what they hear, even those who I suspect may, um, have taken liberties with the facts from time to time. It is part of what make the BY so engaging.
I'm not putting anyone on ignore. I prefer to just "call people out," and if it's me calling you out, be certain that you needed it.

Reaction Score
I'm not putting anyone on ignore. I prefer to just "call people out," and if it's me calling you out, be certain that you needed it.

I am calling you out...arguing to argue us lame. ;-)

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I am calling you out...arguing to argue us lame. ;-)
lol

It's all good.

Just beware of the role you may be playing in the creation of dumpster fires like yesterday's Enoch transfer thread.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

As I have stated before, I am Oz. Very tight with my friends Kevin and Dave and Hamidou.

Anyone looking for a scoop?

Please pay to view my posts.

Thank you.

-Oz

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Chief can you have a paid fan club called "the Tribe?" Can I be the president of the Tribe?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
what we really need is a comprehensive list of the posters who only come to the board when something negative happens. after every win they dont post or when we land a recruit and up until yesterday they were no where to be found

Reaction Score
Chief' posts are a public service, and therefore free!

20.jpg

There's a saying that comes to mind but I'll behave... ;)

Reaction Score
That would be me. My inside sources tell me that Fishy is a complete jerk who likes to dress up in women's clothing and sing old showtunes. Take it to the bank.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with any specific posters so much as I question whether the system is rigged in their favor. If you're going to post stuff with the disclaimer that "recruiting is fluid" then you can never really be wrong.

And I do think there are people on this board who know more than me. But it can't be this one way street where you're celebrated when you're right and then nobody questions you when you're not.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with any specific posters so much as I question whether the system is rigged in their favor. If you're going to post stuff with the disclaimer that "recruiting is fluid" then you can never really be wrong.

And I do think there are people on this board who know more than me. But it can't be this one way street where you're celebrated when you're right and then nobody questions you when you're not.

Is there right in recruiting? Is is more like English class and less like algebra

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, it was pretty much me calling you out, and yeah, you absolutely needed it. I was just trying to polite about it.

Try to be less self important, it will make you less boring.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oz had it right according to everyone. Some snake came in and sweet him away telling him things he wanted to hear.

Who cares anyway the more you read about this the less likely this kid would have been real good for this program if he even set foot on the basketball floor.

Next
Thats not how recruiting works. Kid's dont change decisions like that "in the 11th hour" after being a "lock for months and months". I know you guys were really swayed by the UConn compliance following him on twitter too...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
what we really need is a comprehensive list of the posters who only come to the board when something negative happens. after every win they dont post or when we land a recruit and up until yesterday they were no where to be found

I could bang off at least ten without even taking a breath. But I'm not one to 'out' people. Most know the usual suspects anyway.

Amazing thing is, we keep arguing with them. Myself included.

I take the justification that, despite it being a Sisyphean exercise, I refuse to let incorrect memes to repeat themselves over and over, masquerading as, and eventually becoming, de facto truth. Not on my watch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thats not how recruiting works. Kid's dont change decisions like that "in the 11th hour" after being a "lock for months and months". I know you guys were really swayed by the UConn compliance following him on twitter too...

Actually, yeah, they do. It happens with Calipari all the time. Very few guys can do it, but Cal and K most certainly can. No idea if this happened with Diallo.

Not a big Parrish fan, but I remember this article:

Gary Parrish just told the most John Calipari story ever | Kentucky Sports Radio

He doesn't mention it, but the story was about Mick Cronin/Marcus Teague.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Actually, yeah, they do. It happens with Calipari all the time. Very few guys can do it, but Cal and K most certainly can. No idea if this happened with Diallo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom