OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Point 1, yes.

You have an incorrect understanding of what it means to "know" something.
I understood what you wrote and worded it in terms 99 understands.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What is this TOS that people speak of?

Reaction Score
Point 1, yes.

You have an incorrect understanding of what it means to "know" something.

You said ....The real lesson here is that even the "insiders" really don't know anything in most cases.... i disagree with this...

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
You said ....The real lesson here is that even the "insiders" really don't know anything in most cases.... i disagree with this...
I know what you disagree with. There's really no confusion here.

I also understand that you'll never give an inch on this point.

But higher standards need to apply as to what pertains to knowledge. There's nothing but gray area when it comes to how teenagers' minds work. The tension comes because insiders can't claim to be insiders unless they claim to know things, but they're claiming to know things that are, in most cases, unknowable.

Reaction Score
The people who have been run off from here for their information not being accurate to the letter.

Reaction Score

But higher standards need to apply as to what pertains to knowledge. There's nothing but gray area when it comes to how teenagers' minds work. The tension comes because insiders can't claim to be insiders unless they claim to know things, but they're claiming to know things that are, in most cases, unknowable.

Well not unknowable.. things change.
Nobody calls themselves Insiders they're labeled insiders we're just passing on information we've heard and yes sometimes it's wrong but correct when we post it or we r given crappy information. None of us say it is 100% or the law

C

Chief00

Following recruiting is about relationships and oz is tight with ollie. He was reporting what ollie and other people close to the team where thinking. Why is it his fault that a 17 year old kid changes his mind in the 11th hour. What we do is a game of telephone and pass it on.

I really don't agree Diallo changed his mind. I think KO was being fed very bad information - not saying intentionally but rather it was someone's incorrect and self serving read of the situation.

Reaction Score

You do get that this is not Harvard Law review or john locke concept of truth. There is no real truth.. it's all point of view and perspective. I think you want a higher standard of excellence in reporting in something that is not very realistic

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really don't agree Diallo changed his mind. I think KO was being fed very bad information - not saying intentionally but rather it was someone's incorrect and self serving read of the situation.
We probably had Diallo in the bag for over 2 years. Then someone in Storrs lit this dumpster on fire and he walked away. Can't blame him.

Reaction Score
Nobody was "run off." They left of their own accord.

No that's not correct. You're giving your feelings on it .you have no idea what they felt. Some of them left because people on this board can be

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
You do get that this is not Harvard Law review or john locke of truth. There is no real truth.. it's all point of view and perspective. I think you want a higher standard of excellence in reporting in something that is not very realistic
There is a reason why I am addressing you specifically in this context.

Look what happened yesterday. Do I have to give a play-by-play?

I'm just asking for a bigger helping of discretion. This board will be better for it.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
No that's not correct. You're giving your feelings on it .you have no idea what they felt. Some of them left because people on this board can be
So, they were run off, but they left because people are "." You don't see the inconsistency there?

Am I being an a hole now?

Reaction Score
There is a reason why I am addressing you specifically in this context.

Look what happened yesterday. Do I have to give a play-by-play?

I'm just asking for a bigger helping of discretion. This board will be better for it.

So are you saying i am the issue? Easy solution. Block me . Solve your problem. I heard from 2 reporters, my aau coach/guy and a top 10 booster that a top guard is 90% gone. Sorry you would like ny times editorial credentials

Reaction Score
So are you saying i am the issue? Easy solution. Block me . Solve your problem. I heard from 2 reporters, my aau coach/guy and a top 10 booster that a top guard is 90% gone. Sorry you would like ny times editorial credentials

This.

If you don't like what 99 has to say don't listen. He readily admits its secondhand info that changes rapidly. Many of us appreciate his info, even if it is fluid

Reaction Score

Is it possible that guard is actually a wing?

AG just doesn't make sense given he would have to sit out another year. Unless it refers to JA declaring or CV leaving but he seems to be a KO/uconn guy

Reaction Score
This.

If you don't like what 99 has to say don't listen. He readily admits its secondhand info that changes rapidly. Many of us appreciate his info, even if it is fluid
At best

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love how some on the board feel the need to call people out. Really, what's the point?

If you don't find someone credible, don't pay attention to their posts. If you find their posts annoying, use the ignore function. It's not hard.

It seems like some posters want everyone else to not believe or not see some posts. Newsflash, we're all big boys (and girls) here. We can decide for ourselves. I'm not calling anyone out in this thread, just noting a disturbing trend on the board.

FWIW, I appreciate people posting what they hear, even those who I suspect may, um, have taken liberties with the facts from time to time. It is part of what make the BY so engaging.

Reaction Score
I love how some on the board feel the need to call people out. Really, what's the point?

If you don't find someone credible, don't pay attention to their posts. If you find their posts annoying, use the ignore function. It's not hard.

It seems like some posters want everyone else to not believe or not see some posts. Newsflash, we're all big boys (and girls) here. We can decide for ourselves. I'm not calling anyone out in this thread, just noting a disturbing trend on the board.

FWIW, I appreciate people posting what they hear, even those who I suspect may, um, have taken liberties with the facts from time to time. It is part of what make the BY so engaging.

Yup

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

And I'm disturbed you're just noticing this trend. This has been going on since ..... forever. Head bang
And I'm disturbed you're doing what you want us not to do - telling us how to do it.
Now I'm busting your chops and personally agree with your premise. However it seems obvious to me most of us are set in our ways and will continue to act accordingly.

I think the bigger pattern that creates the trend you find disturbing is how people react during adversity. In the particular case of this forum it's how people deal with negativity such as bad seasons or shocking losses. Two things happen during bad times. First more people feel the need to express themselves and second the bad situation bubbles into our emotions resulting in more expressed negativity. We become thin skinned, argumentative, entrenched, repetitive, subjective, insulting, demeaning, looking for scapegoats and so on.

This happened after the George Mason loss, the 2002 season and the 2010 season. It happens after a disappointing recruitment, a player having a bad game, players not developing, being on the wrong side of CR, the NCAA treatment of the APR and so on.

I love the opinions of people. I love this forum. You can garner a lot of knowledge about the team, about players, about many subjects. There are a lot of informed individuals here. And you can learn a lot about humanity from what people post, how they express themselves and how they handle situations.

Here's something to consider. Many of us believe it's easier to change someone else rather than change ourselves. What can be more ridiculous than that?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I erased Oz from my mind after Diallo, what a laugh.

Eh, not speaking for Oz specifically, but there's no one, no one who can give you an accurate assessment regularly. That includes KO. I know it's an inside joke, but 'recruiting is fluid' and to be 'taken with a grain of salt'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My prediction is that he never plays at UK and then has a pretty undistinguished pro career. You need more than athleticism to play the two. For his sake, I hope I'm wrong.

That's a really tough call to make at this point, no? He hasn't even played a minute of college ball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The real lesson here is that even the "insiders" really don't know anything in most cases.

As I said above, even Ollie doesn't know anything with a lot of cases in the end. You're at the whims of kids and their handlers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom