OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

What's your point? You said that doesn't happen in recruiting in general. I'm telling showing you it does.

And specific to this circumstance, neither of us has a clue what happened with Diallo.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Actually, it was pretty much me calling you out, and yeah, you absolutely needed it. I was just trying to polite about it.

Try to be less self important, it will make you less boring.
You were calling me out? I'm sorry, I didn't notice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope we never get to the point where none of our insiders deside it's worth sharing anything anymore. The thing people don't understand about insiders, is they aren't on the staff, which means they don't get live updates for every change that takes place during each individual recruitment. One hour Diallo could be telling the staff, withthin the next hour he could be committed to Kentucky. People have a hard time grasping that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You were calling me out? I'm sorry, I didn't notice.
He says two replies later, lol.

No problem, though, self awareness doesn't seem to be a big skill set for you.

Reaction Score
Thats not how recruiting works. Kid's dont change decisions like that "in the 11th hour" after being a "lock for months and months". I know you guys were really swayed by the UConn compliance following him on twitter too...

Like it or not they do with the Squid, not sure where the hell you've been?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Like it or not they do with the Squid, not sure where the hell you've been?
I'm saying he was never at any point a "lock" for our program. Him committing to UK doesn't mean he was swayed in the "11th hour", it means that he may have stated we led st one point or another but at the end of the day anyone with eyes and a brain could see that Diallo was not going to join this team because he had too much to lose and too little to gain by coming on board this train wreck.

Blowing smoke up everyone's aaa for months saying "he's ours. he's ours" and taking that at face value is the foolishness I'm mocking, Oz can say and think whatever he wants.

C

Chief00

I hope we never get to the point where none of our insiders deside it's worth sharing anything anymore. The thing people don't understand about insiders, is they aren't on the staff, which means they don't get live updates for every change that takes place during each individual recruitment. One hour Diallo could be telling the staff, withthin the next hour he could be committed to Kentucky. People have a hard time grasping that.

True, but that's not what happened with Diallo. UK did not just show up in December, they were leading for a couple months. If you truly have a dude locked up for two years - get him to commit in that period. It never came close to happening from my knowledge.

Reaction Score
I'm saying he was never at any point a "lock" for our program. Him committing to UK doesn't mean he was swayed in the "11th hour", it means that he may have stated we led st one point or another but at the end of the day anyone with eyes and a brain could see that Diallo was not going to join this team because he had too much to lose and too little to gain by coming on board this train wreck.

Blowing smoke up everyone's aaa for months saying "he's ours. he's ours" and taking that at face value is the foolishness I'm mocking, Oz can say and think whatever he wants.
and you would think staffs and "insiders" know better than to say someone is a lock until they at least are ready to verbal. The best insiders here usually give us good news and then within 24 hours we hear something. they don't ever call anyone a lock a year before a kid is ready to publicize his commitment.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
and you would think staffs and "insiders" know better than to say someone is a lock until they at least are ready to verbal. The best insiders here usually give us good news and then within 24 hours we hear something. they don't ever call anyone a lock a year before a kid is ready to publicize his commitment.
Exactly. That action alone, declaring a player of his caliber a "lock" months before he declared, is what makes me laugh when I see all the "11th hour" garbage. If a kid is a lock, he commits, if he doesn't then he isn't a lock. End of story.

Reaction Score
Exactly. That action alone, declaring a player of his caliber a "lock" months before he declared, is what makes me laugh when I see all the "11th hour" garbage. If a kid is a lock, he commits, if he doesn't then he isn't a lock. End of story.
I fully admit the I drank the Oz koolaid. Now I look at his posts with a different lens.

Honestly I'd be shocked if Ollie still feeds him any info. Having a "leak" like that can mean a couple things. One - it's a mouthpiece for the program. Two - the staff is unaware he's posting info online. Three - the leaks "sources" are imaginary or at the very least up to interpretation.

Reaction Score
I really don't agree Diallo changed his mind. I think KO was being fed very bad information - not saying intentionally but rather it was someone's incorrect and self serving read of the situation.

How could he been fed bad info?
The kid was in Storrs all of the time.
Ollie spoke to him personally all of the time.
How could somebody else have given Ollie bad info(unless it was Diallo). He was trying to close Diallo himself.

He didn't need Miller to be the middle man for this one.
He was to big a recruit.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
@SirHypeAlot

And if anyone says otherwise HFD will find you on Twitter and go on one of his patented rants. Still not sure what I did to have him @ me, but I'm still recovering from it.
I even caught shrapnel lol :)

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You're wrong on this.
Well if you say so.

I could have told you in October how that recruitment was going to play out. It really didn't miss a single beat.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well if you say so.

I could have told you in October how that recruitment was going to play out. It really didn't miss a single beat.

Cool. How are the rest of our recruiting efforts going? What's the prognosis?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So basically nobody knows anything and we shouldn't even post about what recruits might be thinking.

They know what they know when they know it. I know what bands my daughter likes. By noon tomorrow that may change. So it is with recruiting information. These are kids, they don't freaking know what they are going to do. How can anyone else. I think we discount the temporal effect here. Information may have been accurate when reported and still end up being "wrong".

By the way, it's another reason for no transfer speculation. No decision is made until it made, whatever the rumors.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That would be me. My inside sources tell me that Fishy is a complete jerk who likes to dress up in women's clothing and sing old showtunes. Take it to the bank.

Fishy is Rex Ryan?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@SirHypeAlot

And if anyone says otherwise HFD will find you on Twitter and go on one of his patented rants. Still not sure what I did to have him @ me, but I'm still recovering from it.
You like bow ties instead of ties.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
My favorite poster has always been Farrah Fawcett. Very reliable. Got me through puberty.

That was my Heather Thomas poster.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
They know what they know when they know it. I know what bands my daughter likes. By noon tomorrow that may change. So it is with recruiting information. These are kids, they don't freaking know what they are going to do. How can anyone else. I think we discount the temporal effect here. Information may have been accurate when reported and still end up being "wrong".

By the way, it's another reason for no transfer speculation. No decision is made until it made, whatever the rumors.
This.

Insider information is so freaking overrated.

The only thing it does is screw with the expectations of the fanbase.

You'll know the truth in time. Patience is hard, it requires discipline, but it has it's rewards. Like not having your emotions toyed with needlessly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom