OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info? | The Boneyard

OT: So which posters have been the most reliable with inside info?

Reaction Score
I will ask the question and then put a helmet on and duck---

Over time who has the best track record of providing reliable inside information on this board?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Ask Chief to tell you a story from one of his wild nights out with Andre, Bunky and the bitches. Or how Joe Moorehead will fare as head coach of the football team this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sorry but this is really unneeded thread. Stop

Reaction Score
I will ask the question and then put a helmet on and duck---

Over time who has the best track record of providing reliable inside information on this board?
Anyone not named Chief

Reaction Score
husky99 seems to have good info very often. Even when we don't like it. Same with zionn and 3. tcf as well but contributes in so many other ways with game films, general info etc. I really appreciate anything these guys post!!

Reaction Score
I erased Oz from my mind after Diallo, what a laugh.

Oz had it right according to everyone. Some snake came in and sweet him away telling him things he wanted to hear.

Who cares anyway the more you read about this the less likely this kid would have been real good for this program if he even set foot on the basketball floor.

Next

Reaction Score
Oz had it right according to everyone. Some snake came in and sweet him away telling him things he wanted to hear.

Who cares anyway the more you read about this the less likely this kid would have been real good for this program if he even set foot on the basketball floor.

Next

My prediction is that he never plays at UK and then has a pretty undistinguished pro career. You need more than athleticism to play the two. For his sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I erased Oz from my mind after Diallo, what a laugh.

Following recruiting is about relationships and oz is tight with ollie. He was reporting what ollie and other people close to the team where thinking. Why is it his fault that a 17 year old kid changes his mind in the 11th hour. What we do is a game of telephone and pass it on.

Reaction Score
Following recruiting is about relationships and oz is tight with ollie. He was reporting what ollie and other people close to the team where thinking. Why is it his fault that a 17 year old kid changes his mind in the 11th hour. What we do is a game of telephone and pass it on.
That's a funny analogy considering the point of telephone is to see how much the original message changes by the end of the game. I guess it is fitting though...

Reaction Score
Sorry but this is really unneeded thread. Stop
So don't read it or post....In light of recent posts, it might be helpful to know who might have accurate info as opposed to Pflug-Dude speculation, right?

Reaction Score
That's a funny analogy considering the point of telephone is to see how much the original message changes by the end of the game. I guess it is fitting though...

It is 100% correct. I try to follow recruiting and have some good connection. for almost all of us it is telephone. I talked to someome who talked to the kid is a lucky day. Most of it is a few layers and sometimes change or is old news.. following recruiting is not black and white but very perspective based. Kids tell one team i am close to picking you and 20 minutes later telling the samething to another school in hope of a 3rd school feeling pressure to offer. Oz was telling u what he heard. It is not a signed contract until it is signed

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It is 100% correct. I try to follow recruiting and have some good connection. for almost all of us it is telephone. I talked to someome who talked to the kid is a lucky day. Most of it is a few layers and sometimes change or is old news.. following recruiting is not black and white but very perspective based. Kids tell one team i am close to picking you and 20 minutes later telling the samething to another school in hope of a 3rd school feeling pressure to offer. Oz was telling u what he heard. It is not a signed contract until it is signed
The real lesson here is that even the "insiders" really don't know anything in most cases.

It doesn't stop a certain impatient and ignorant segment of the fanbase from taking the vague and inherently unreliable scraps of information fed to them by "insiders" and forming whole narratives around them... Which leads to resentment when the narratives collapses because the *gasp* information was unreliable.

Be careful how you word things. Not everyone understands that there's no guarantees in life!

Reaction Score
Point 1) The real lesson here is that even the "insiders" really don't know anything in most cases.

Point 2) It doesn't stop a certain impatient and ignorant segment of the fanbase from taking the vague and inherently unreliable scraps of information fed to them by "insiders" and forming whole narratives around them... Which leads to resentment when the narratives collapses because the *gasp* information was unreliable.

!

Point 1...no
Point 2...yes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Point 1...no
Point 2...yes.
His point 1 translates to recruiting is fluid.
His point 2 is take things with a grain of salt.
His point 3 is that there are damaged beings in the world who miss points one and two.
What he should have added is point 4. No matter how things are stated or how often people make points 1 and 2 those damaged people will insist that bad results are someones fault.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom