OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its not about defending Floyd, I get more annoyed about people giving Rousey a pat on the back about making jokes about domestic violence when its clear her comment had nothing do with that, its about Floyd and whatever perceived slight she felt. Lol @ "my" response being pissy, ok.

I don't think it's a DV issue - she made a joke at the expense of someone she doesn't like. Doesn't seem any more complicated than that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
...and this is why Rousey, and the Michelle Beadles of the world, is a clown. It has nothing to do with domestic violence, its about their own agenda with Floyd and self promoting. Lol @ sitting around thinking about this for over a year or that Floyd cares about you or a damn ESPY

http://www.boxingscene.com/rousey-explains-why-she-plotted-revenge-on-mayweather--93586

"Somebody asked Floyd - 'what do you think would happen if you and Ronda Rousey fought.' And he said 'Ronda Rousey? I don't know who he is.' And then someone explained who I am and he was like 'I ain't know who that is.' It was a real subtle and snarky jab at me. I was actually nominated for 'Best Fighter of The Year' that year with him. So I know he knew who I was. He actually has MMA fighters signed to him so I know he knows who I am," Rousey said to America's Pre-Game.

"I was just sitting there on the couch one day, post surgery, my leg just got operated on, and I was like 'okay, I'm patient. I'm going to get you at the right time. And you're going to say 'maybe I shouldn't have said that about that chick.' I waited a whole year. And if I didn't win best fighter, I would have waited another year. I would have waited two years. I would have waited for the right time to remind him that he shouldn't mess with me. I would be interested to hear him pretend that he doesn't know who I am now."

That article also left out this bit:

She next will face Bethe Correia at UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro.

"It got a big reaction, and I've got a fight to sell," Rousey told reporters of the Mayweather dis. "So great timing, huh? I'm not dumb."

Reaction Score
That article also left out this bit:

She next will face Bethe Correia at UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro.

"It got a big reaction, and I've got a fight to sell," Rousey told reporters of the Mayweather dis. "So great timing, huh? I'm not dumb."
Exactly, she made a lame joke about domestic violence for her own personal gain. I'm all for athletes marketing themselves and fighters almost have to but this was just bad form, I'm pretty shocked so many people are eating it up.

Reaction Score
He deserves any joke anyone can use in the media to shed light on his disregard for women. Who cares if they are using the lights to promote themselves? Fighters do that all the time, every athlete does. He beats up women how can anyone defend him? :rolleyes:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's funny to see the boxing fans (I'm one too) in this thread lambast Rousey for leveraging this situation for publicity to promote her fight. I guess you guys (if you're old enough) must have absolutely hated Muhammad Ali.

Reaction Score
He deserves any joke anyone can use in the media to shed light on his disregard for women. Who cares if they are using the lights to promote themselves? Fighters do that all the time, every athlete does. He beats up women how can anyone defend him? :rolleyes:
Pretty sure nobody has defended Mayweather. It's well known he's beaten up women, Rousey doesn't care about the issue it's just an opportunity to try and increase her brand. There are actually some people who think she is now some social justice warrior, clueless.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure nobody has defended Mayweather. It's well known he's beaten up women, Rousey doesn't care about the issue it's just an opportunity to try and increase her brand. There are actually some people who think she is now some social justice warrior, clueless.

I don't care for her, actually just could care less about her. But I'm fine with that joke and it's deserving - whether it's for her own upcoming fight or just because it's the EPSY's and people try to be funny, he deserves it.

Reaction Score
It's funny to see the boxing fans (I'm one too) in this thread lambast Rousey for leveraging this situation for publicity to promote her fight. I guess you guys (if you're old enough) must have absolutely hated Muhammad Ali.
I wasn't around then but I know I would have hated Ali for calling Frazier an Uncle Tom to promote a fight.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

For the record, I couldn't care less what Rousey or Mayweather say in the media. I was just pointing out that it was more about fight promotion than a grudge. If it was merely grudge, she likely wouldn't have waited a year; She could have said it any time.

Also fwiw, not a boxing fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky