OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
rory.jpg

This guy was winning his fight until a wicked straight to the nose...second time...these guys would destroy boxers if each left to their own talents.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/in-horrific-photo-ufc-189s-rory-macdonald-confirms-broken-nose-and-foot

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The boxer would still be on his back in 15 seconds.
With boxing rules, there isn't a UFC fighter on this planet that can land enough punches on Mayweather to do serious damage.

If they can't throw kicks and grapple I don't see any way they're going punch for punch with a comparable level boxer.

Reaction Score
Its old news and he has been called out plenty. Doesn't make it any less of a crime but Rousey used it for publicity. I wonder if she beats her husband.
If she was my wife, I'd definitely be tapping out. :D

Reaction Score
Isn't that like suggesting Mayweather fight a gorilla or take on 3 guys at a time to gain legitimacy? She is a woman and destroys every other woman on the planet. There is merit in that. Not sure why she needs to fight a dude.
totally agree, She is kicking all chicks asses . I'm not asking her to gain legitimacy, i'm just tired of her soapbox shtick to gain publicity. shes done this before, claiming she would destroy floyd and take him to the ground. . irony too thick when she doesn't even want to fight fox

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
totally agree, She is kicking all chicks asses . I'm not asking her to gain legitimacy, i'm just tired of her soapbox shtick to gain publicity. shes done this before, claiming she would destroy floyd and take him to the ground. . irony too thick when she doesn't even want to fight fox
A fighter tying to drum up publicity? Never. Floyd's life is one big publicity stunt. She's making herself a household name and millions of dollars by doing it. Good for her.

Reaction Score

Is this about the joke she made at the ESPYs?

Reaction Score
I have no problem with UFC and think the sport has it's merits but it's lame how often they try and go after boxing to build up their brand, it makes them look so small time. As for Rousey, she's obviously by far the best female fighter but she really needs to stop running her mouth, these comments about Mayweather being a wife beater are all about self promotion for her, she could care less that he's hit women and making a joke about domestic abuse is low rent and it's not the first time she's done it. Rousey is a great UFC fighter and the biggest name the sport has but the marketing has gone over the top, now she's being promoted everywhere as a sex symbol. It shouldn't be about looks but Gina Carano is a million times better looking than Rousey and she handled herself with much more class.

Reaction Score
A fighter tying to drum up publicity? Never. Floyd's life is one big publicity stunt. She's making herself a household name and millions of dollars by doing it. Good for her.
The difference is Floyd doesn't go around constantly talking about Tom Brady.

Reaction Score
Is this about the joke she made at the ESPYs?
no shes and her cohorts have made plenty of remarks in the past about floyd, saying stuff like boxing is a limited form of fighting, and shes been training her whole life yadda yadda. the unnecessary shot at him @ espys was just the kicker.

Reaction Score
Not a boxing guy at all, but in his prime, Mike Tyson would kill damn near anyone on the planet in the ring.

Of course, after biting ears, I thought he was gonna become a cannibal.

Reaction Score
no shes and her cohorts have made plenty of remarks in the past about floyd, saying stuff like boxing is a limited form of fighting, and shes been training her whole life yadda yadda. the unnecessary shot at him @ espys was just the kicker.

I just can't see getting bent out of shape about it. Mayweather's probably the most obnoxious athlete I can remember. If there's a more insecure dude walking the planet I've never heard of him. And he's a ____ human being to boot. Somebody wants to make a joke at his expense, go for it. He'll be alright.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I purchased my first UFC last weekend...Holy Sheet what great event!
Way more action than boxing and some squirming in your chair.

I find that UFC is probably more popular than boxing at this time -

Good move, it was the best ufc ppv I have seen. Lawlor - Macdonald was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
I have no problem with UFC and think the sport has it's merits but it's lame how often they try and go after boxing to build up their brand, it makes them look so small time. As for Rousey, she's obviously by far the best female fighter but she really needs to stop running her mouth, these comments about Mayweather being a wife beater are all about self promotion for her, she could care less that he's hit women and making a joke about domestic abuse is low rent and it's not the first time she's done it. Rousey is a great UFC fighter and the biggest name the sport has but the marketing has gone over the top, now she's being promoted everywhere as a sex symbol. It shouldn't be about looks but Gina Carano is a million times better looking than Rousey and she handled herself with much more class.

How do you know she could care less that Mayweather beats women? Gina Carano wouldn't sniff the top ten rankings in today's ufc. You just criticized Rousey marketing? Carano was all marketing.

Reaction Score
huh?
Mayweather is a clown but he talks smack about other people in his sport and talks about all the money he has from his sport. He doesn't go around talking about big name athletes in other sports to prop up his brand. Mayweather should have no relevance to Rousey just as Tom Brady, Serena Williams or any other athlete athlete has no relevance to Mayweather.

Reaction Score
How do you know she could care less that Mayweather beats women? Gina Carano wouldn't sniff the top ten rankings in today's ufc. You just criticized Rousey marketing? Carano was all marketing.
I criticized Rousey for flapping her gums about Mayweather and all sorts of other issues that have no relevance to her sport. As for marketing her as a sex symbol I don't blame her for this, that's all Dana White and the media, I just pointed out that Carano is a way better looking woman.

Reaction Score
Mayweather is a clown but he talks smack about other people in his sport and talks about all the money he has from his sport. He doesn't go around talking about big name athletes in other sports to prop up his brand. Mayweather should have no relevance to Rousey just as Tom Brady, Serena Williams or any other athlete athlete has no relevance to Mayweather.

I think when you get to the point where you're making a distinction this tortured you're making too big a deal out of it. Talking about how much money you have and how you're a mexican killer? Fine. Talking about Tom Brady? Off limits.

Reaction Score
I just pointed out that Carano is a way better looking woman.

Says you. I don't find either one of them particularly attractive but it's odd that you act like this is some objective thing.

Reaction Score
I think when you get to the point where you're making a distinction this tortured you're making too big a deal out of it. Talking about how much money you have and how you're a mexican killer? Fine. Talking about Tom Brady? Off limits.
I know I'm making too big a deal of it, clearly I'm not a fan of Rousey. She's led me to defend Mayweather who is one of my least favorite athletes in memory.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The only thing that matters is who is relevant to building her brand. She's found a gusher in Mayweather so why not tap it?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I just pointed out that Carano is a way better looking woman.

I think they are both pretty darned good looking. Randomly, Im friendly with Gina's dad as we work together on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom