OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Mayweather is a clown but he talks smack about other people in his sport and talks about all the money he has from his sport. He doesn't go around talking about big name athletes in other sports to prop up his brand. Mayweather should have no relevance to Rousey just as Tom Brady, Serena Williams or any other athlete athlete has no relevance to Mayweather.
Apparently he also takes shot at MMA fighters and musicians as well. Not to mention his own dad.
http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/...-craziest-trash-talking-moments/father-vs-son

Reaction Score
I have no problem with UFC and think the sport has it's merits but it's lame how often they try and go after boxing to build up their brand, it makes them look so small time. As for Rousey, she's obviously by far the best female fighter but she really needs to stop running her mouth, these comments about Mayweather being a wife beater are all about self promotion for her, she could care less that he's hit women and making a joke about domestic abuse is low rent and it's not the first time she's done it. Rousey is a great UFC fighter and the biggest name the sport has but the marketing has gone over the top, now she's being promoted everywhere as a sex symbol. It shouldn't be about looks but Gina Carano is a million times better looking than Rousey and she handled herself with much more class.

How can it be a low blow when it's true? Mayweather is a jerk, he's racist the guy parks his car in 2 handicap parking spots he thinks the world revolves around him. him go Ronda

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Good move, it was the best ufc ppv I have seen. Lawlor - Macdonald was ridiculous.
Every fight except Mendes McGreggor was absolutely insane.

Every fighter that was winning 1st round, and we were wondering how long into the next he would win, ended up losing.
Every fight was a serious comeback.

Poor Rory. His damn face. His nose just absolutely shattered. He put his hand to it to check if it fell off.

Reaction Score
I dont like Mayweather personally either but its obviously for self promotion when you see her smiling and fist pumping mike Tyson on espn.

Reaction Score
How can it be a low blow when it's true? Mayweather is a jerk, he's racist the guy parks his car in 2 handicap parking spots he thinks the world revolves around him. him go Ronda
Reread my post, never said it was a low blow. Trust me I can't stand Mayweather but he should have zero relevance to Rousey, she only brings him up to try and make herself a bigger name.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol this thread is ridiculous... so much hate towards rousey bc she talks like guys do? and she could back it up? mayweathers whole career has been talking junk,, getting in the ring, running around for 12 rounds, hugging his opponent and only caring about making "9 figures". he treats hiw, gf's, waitresses, reporters, other woman who can't defend themselves like and then someone who can defend themselves calls him out and everyone has their panties in a bunch...

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
lol this thread is pathetic... so much hate towards rousey bc she talks like guys do? and she could back it up? mayweathers whole career has been talking junk,, getting in the ring, running around for 12 rounds, hugging his opponent and only caring about making "9 figures". he treats hiw, gf's, waitresses, reporters, other woman who can't defend themselves like and then someone who can defend themselves calls him out and everyone has their panties in a bunch...
You can blast Mayweather all you want, he's a punk and he's a woman beater but the rest of your post shows you kn0w nothing about boxing. Mayweather is not an exciting fighter for most but if you don't recognize he's a brilliant boxer you sound foolish. I always want to see blood and guts fights but if you are such a brilliant tactician and such a gifted fighter that you leave the ring without a busted face and busted brain, why wouldn't you?

Reaction Score
You can blast Mayweather all you want, he's a punk and he's a woman beater but the rest of your post shows you kn0w nothing about boxing. Mayweather is not an exciting fighter for most but if you don't recognize he's a brilliant boxer you sound foolish. I always want to see blood and guts fights but if you are such a brilliant tactician and such a gifted fighter that you leave the ring without a busted face and busted brain, why wouldn't you?

He is indisputably a brilliant technical boxer. But the people who maintain that he ducked guys who could have put an L on his record (or fought them when they were past their prime) - Pacquiao aside - have enough evidence to make a decent argument.

Reaction Score
He is indisputably a brilliant technical boxer. But the people who maintain that he ducked guys who could have put an L on his record (or fought them when they were past their prime) - Pacquiao aside - have enough evidence to make a decent argument.
I'm one of those guys but I would never say he runs around for 12 rounds and just hugs guys. I felt that he dodged Manny when he should have fought him years ago and I was the biggest Manny fan when they actually fought but people seem to have trouble calling it straight. I heard all sorts of people saying Manny won the fight, including Manny. It amazes me anyone could have watched that fight and came away with Pac as the winner. Floyd outclassed him and it really wasn't that close. A lot of the stunts Mayweather pulls outside of the ring clouds people's judgement on his work inside the ring.

Reaction Score
No one is saying that. Literally no one. The point is that it's virtually impossible to post anything here without the thread turning into people airing the same tired grievances and "critiques" that have nothing to do with the post.

I fact it does, the content and the the platform are all related. This was broadcast on espn/abc media networks and without that forum it wouldn't be merely the news it is now, hence the forum is meaningful. FYI its part of what we relied on at ESPN because when it's on ESPN it's or has a really good chance to become news. I'm sure this would have gotten the run it did if it was on BigErn blog bYou are so far over your skis on this its hysterical.

In fact, the move to broadcast (abc) be edited the ESPY's and it did a record rating for the ESPY's with 7mm+ viewers so I stand corrected plenty of folks watched it

I understood the comment and it's still and absurd one for me. And in pretty sure I can post whatever the hell I want and if you don't like it tough nuts.

Reaction Score
Also Rousey shouldn't be winning best female athlete over Serena, I get that it's all marketing but that's just ridiculous.

That is why i dont watch award shows. Theyre just popularity contests. Whatever is hot in the moment is what wins. You can easily predict the winners just by what or who is the "it" thing at the moment not who actually deserves recognition. I mean come on! Bruce Jenner wins the Arther Ashe courage award ?!!! How quickly BSPN tossed aside its "it" girl for months Lauren Hill. smfh

Reaction Score
Northbound said:
I fact it does, the content and the the platform are all related. This was broadcast on espn/abc media networks and without that forum it wouldn't be merely the news it is now, hence the forum is meaningful. FYI its part of what we relied on at ESPN because when it's on ESPN it's or has a really good chance to become news. I'm sure this would have gotten the run it did if it was on BigErn blog bYou are so far over your skis on this its hysterical. In fact, the move to broadcast (abc) be edited the ESPY's and it did a record rating for the ESPY's with 7mm+ viewers so I stand corrected plenty of folks watched it I understood the comment and it's still and absurd one for me. And in pretty sure I can post whatever the hell I want and if you don't like it tough nuts.

Christ. Proofread for me one time.

Reaction Score
I think i got a little overtop with the rousey ish. this isn't a war between her and the best boxer on the planet. she is just doing her thing as cahusky noted, claim her status in athletic culture. expand her brand, get her carmelo anthony on. get her kim kardashian on.

my thing is, i'm pretty sure floyd isn't pompously trumpeting himself as a women beater. i would guess ( focus on guess) he is ashamed of it. as a guy on this board who is apt to cliches, shes just beating the crap out of dead horse. its not necessarily a mike vick situation but, damn. shes not bringing attention to DV issues, she's bringing attention to herself as noted. and as i have noted when i cliffnoted the burr bit. What can we do, execute this ? He went to jail fam.

Reaction Score
No one is saying that. Literally no one. The point is that it's virtually impossible to post anything here without the thread turning into people airing the same tired grievances and "critiques" that have nothing to do with the post.
And for how long has this been going on? Sadly its our culture.

Many here may be college educated however they would make great train engineers.

Reaction Score
I think i got a little overtop with the rousey ish. this isn't a war between her and the best boxer on the planet. she is just doing her thing as cahusky noted, claim her status in athletic culture. expand her brand, get her carmelo anthony on. get her kim kardashian on.

my thing is, i'm pretty sure floyd isn't pompously trumpeting himself as a women beater. i would guess ( focus on guess) he is ashamed of it. as a guy on this board who is apt to cliches, shes just beating the crap out of dead horse. its not necessarily a mike vick situation but, damn. shes not bringing attention to DV issues, she's bringing attention to herself as noted. and as i have noted when i cliffnoted the burr bit. What can we do, execute this ? He went to jail fam.

If he was so ashamed of it he would stop but he's not. Not a good man just a good boxer. Would love to see him get his a** kicked.

Reaction Score
Like who?

Reaction Score
...and this is why Rousey, and the Michelle Beadles of the world, is a clown. It has nothing to do with domestic violence, its about their own agenda with Floyd and self promoting. Lol @ sitting around thinking about this for over a year or that Floyd cares about you or a damn ESPY

http://www.boxingscene.com/rousey-explains-why-she-plotted-revenge-on-mayweather--93586

"Somebody asked Floyd - 'what do you think would happen if you and Ronda Rousey fought.' And he said 'Ronda Rousey? I don't know who he is.' And then someone explained who I am and he was like 'I ain't know who that is.' It was a real subtle and snarky jab at me. I was actually nominated for 'Best Fighter of The Year' that year with him. So I know he knew who I was. He actually has MMA fighters signed to him so I know he knows who I am," Rousey said to America's Pre-Game.

"I was just sitting there on the couch one day, post surgery, my leg just got operated on, and I was like 'okay, I'm patient. I'm going to get you at the right time. And you're going to say 'maybe I shouldn't have said that about that chick.' I waited a whole year. And if I didn't win best fighter, I would have waited another year. I would have waited two years. I would have waited for the right time to remind him that he shouldn't mess with me. I would be interested to hear him pretend that he doesn't know who I am now."

Reaction Score
...and this is why Rousey, and the Michelle Beadles of the world, is a clown. It has nothing to do with domestic violence, its about their own agenda with Floyd and self promoting. Lol @ sitting around thinking about this for over a year or that Floyd cares about you or a damn ESPY

http://www.boxingscene.com/rousey-explains-why-she-plotted-revenge-on-mayweather--93586

"Somebody asked Floyd - 'what do you think would happen if you and Ronda Rousey fought.' And he said 'Ronda Rousey? I don't know who he is.' And then someone explained who I am and he was like 'I ain't know who that is.' It was a real subtle and snarky jab at me. I was actually nominated for 'Best Fighter of The Year' that year with him. So I know he knew who I was. He actually has MMA fighters signed to him so I know he knows who I am," Rousey said to America's Pre-Game.

"I was just sitting there on the couch one day, post surgery, my leg just got operated on, and I was like 'okay, I'm patient. I'm going to get you at the right time. And you're going to say 'maybe I shouldn't have said that about that chick.' I waited a whole year. And if I didn't win best fighter, I would have waited another year. I would have waited two years. I would have waited for the right time to remind him that he shouldn't mess with me. I would be interested to hear him pretend that he doesn't know who I am now."

I guess what I don't get is why boxing people get all up in arms about it. Who cares?

Reaction Score
View attachment 10013
This guy was winning his fight until a wicked straight to the nose...second time...these guys would destroy boxers if each left to their own talents.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/in-horrific-photo-ufc-189s-rory-macdonald-confirms-broken-nose-and-foot

MacDonald made $59,000 for that fight, $59k to get his ish wrecked in A TITLE FIGHT. C level boxers make more than that in non title fights, I'm sure they're more than fine with MacDonald learning all those techniques to earn peanuts relative to what the UFC is bringing in. I wonder when we reach the breaking point of White jerking the hell out of UFC fighters while hoarding all of the cash.

Reaction Score
I guess what I don't get is why boxing people get all up in arms about it. Who cares?
I'm a fan of boxing and MMA, just don't really care for what Rousey is doing here, you seem to be more up in arms than anything. I mean you're in here pushing the same old arguments that you see in the comment sections of boxing articles and twitter about Floyd ducking unnamed fighters when I really don't see what that had to do with her comments.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of boxing and MMA, just don't really care for what Rousey is doing here, you seem to be more up in arms than anything. I mean you're in here pushing the same old arguments that you see in the comment sections of boxing articles and twitter about Floyd ducking unnamed fighters when I really don't see what that had to do with her comments.

I was asking why boxing people seem so invested in defending Floyd on this point because I was curious. Your pissy response basically proves my point.

And, incidentally, for a guy who's clearly into boxing (and apparently loves to denigrate other people's fandom with little witticism's) you're just being flat out dishonest if you don't concede that there's at least an argument to be made that Floyd ducked certain guys along the way. And for the record I wasn't even taking that position.

Reaction Score
I was asking why boxing people seem so invested in defending Floyd on this point because I was curious. Your pissy response basically proves my point.
Its not about defending Floyd, I get more annoyed about people giving Rousey a pat on the back about making jokes about domestic violence when its clear her comment had nothing do with that, its about Floyd and whatever perceived slight she felt. Lol @ "my" response being pissy, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom