OT: Revis to the Jets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Revis to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Like I said look at this crap coming from a guy who's team was crap last year. Never ends, I was very humble all my life until I moved to WesMass. I will say it again I grew up watching Horace Clark, Jake Gibbs, Steve Whitaker and Jerry fn Kenney. I loved my team even though they won 70 games and didn't care. When the late 70's came it was great and then another open gash for years with some decent teams. And then they won a lot , nothing like anyone else for a quite a while but I wasn't hammering on anyone unless they threw something in my face. And most of that began in 2004. To be honest they way the Sox (and Pats) fans are now, I doubt the actual Bronx fans are that obnoxious nor were they ever. They were use dot winning after all and knew how.

The fact you made this thread into how bad the Yanks will be this year and the organization is TELLING of who you are now. This was about FANS not teams but you needed to go there didn't you. Thanks for the proof hawky
As a Connecticut resident in my youth I joke that I fell in with the right crowd while young (Yankees fans) and the other side (Celtics and Patriots) when I went to UConn. Nonetheless, when ever you post, the only thing I ever read is motivated reasoning. I lived on both coasts and can safely say that Yankee fans, Red Sox fans, Raider fan, are all peas in the same pod.

Reaction Score
As a Connecticut resident in my youth I joke that I fell in with the right crowd while young (Yankees fans) and the other side (Celtics and Patriots) when I went to UConn. Nonetheless, when ever you post, the only thing I ever read is motivated reasoning. I lived on both coasts and can safely say that Yankee fans, Red Sox fans, Raider fan, are all peas in the same pod.

I'm good with same pod but try to tell the Boston fans. No way! And who are the Raiders? lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm good with same pod but try to tell the Boston fans. No way! And who are the Raiders? lol

You're nuts. I've never seen anything unusual from Boston fans. Was there a huge relief in 2004? Sure. But if you would begrudge a little payback after years and years of constant abuse from Yankee fans, then I don't know what to say. Yankee fans dished out the superiority complex like no other fan base ever has. They are about like Kentucky basketball fans. Now that the Yanks are down, they can't take it when somebody else gets a turn. Boston pro sports has had a spectacular run in this century, so they deserve to be proud. Every set of fans that get a taste of success is the same.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It must suck being a jet fan. Your whining is kinda funny you guys are worse than the republicans.

What's wrong? Does the whole Hillary e-mail thing have you feeling a bit down?

Reaction Score
Why are we arguing which city has more fans? Look in the mirror people we're all fans. Who cares?

But my personal opinion is you'd be hard pressed to find a douchier fan than a Bleacher Creature from Jersey at the old Stadium

Reaction Score
You're nuts. I've never seen anything unusual from Boston fans. Was there a huge relief in 2004? Sure. But if you would begrudge a little payback after years and years of constant abuse from Yankee fans, then I don't know what to say. Yankee fans dished out the superiority complex like no other fan base ever has. They are about like Kentucky basketball fans. Now that the Yanks are down, they can't take it when somebody else gets a turn. Boston pro sports has had a spectacular run in this century, so they deserve to be proud. Every set of fans that get a taste of success is the same.

To each their own. The Kentucky fans under Calipari are the Red Sox fans, no difference whatsoever. But this should be on the other board and you are who you are, I give! The Montreal fan thing vs he Bruins fan thing was easily the clincher and you don't see that! You are never wrong on this subject..Did I mention I have to get the last word in? ;)

Close this thread NOW mods.

Last edited:

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
When UCONN fans are divided along Boston/NY lines and arguing it's like watching Mommy and Daddy fighting. I just want us all to get along!

Crying_Indian_screenshot.png

SoxYanksCT.jpg

Reaction Score
You and I share one because your mother is a whore.

I was kidding and having fun and this is what you come up with? What a .

Maybe you never heard of Pedro and "Who's your daddy" it was a joke?

My mom is in the hospital right now fighting all kinds of crap at 90 yrs old and I just got home from visiting, wish you were close I'd rip your wise a** up talking like that about her.

Reaction Score
They won the world series the season before last. They had a bad year last year, whatever. Team looks very strong this year. The Yanks have been consistently mediocre for many years now, yet all I hear about is a bunch of World Series titles from long ago. The point is, no matter how mediocre the Yankees are, the fans will never accept that reality. The Montreal Canadiens fans are the same. Boston fans in my experience are always realistic, if not downright pessimistic about their teams. It's usually gloom and doom and hope for the best.
"all I hear about is a bunch of World Series titles from long ago"
Kind of like Cuse with their Helms Trophies

Reaction Score
I was kidding and having fun and this is what you come up with? What a .

Maybe you never heard of Pedro and "Who's your daddy" it was a joke?

My mom is in the hospital right now fighting all kinds of crap at 90 yrs old and I just got home from visiting, wish you were close I'd rip your wise a** up talking like that about her.
Hope all works out well with your Mom.

Reaction Score
"all I hear about is a bunch of World Series titles from long ago"
Kind of like Cuse with their Helms Trophies

It's all good but admit it, many Sox fans say so "how many in the last 10 years" because they started winning in 2004. When a Yankee fan tries to include the late 90's they say "ancient history". Now that's funny

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He got his ring now he wants his money. Different things motivate different players. Some players are willing to sacrifice a little scratch to play on teams that are consistent contenders. Others want to max out deals and don't mind the losing as much. It happens. Everybody has a choice and Revis has clearly chosen some serious Jet greenbacks to finish no higher than 3rd place every year.

Reaction Score
You guys made up good for you. This is all in fun for me ; nothing personal though I like to take some jabs at Cuse fans as well as pc fans and those backwards thinking and miserable republicans.

Reaction Score
He got his ring now he wants his money. Different things motivate different players. Some players are willing to sacrifice a little scratch to play on teams that are consistent contenders. Others want to max out deals and don't mind the losing as much. It happens. Everybody has a choice and Revis has clearly chosen some serious Jet greenbacks to finish no higher than 3rd place every year.

See Pats fan like a Sox fan. Couldn't leave it as his choice had to throw the "3rd place" bomb in.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It must suck being a jet fan. Your whining is kinda funny you guys are worse than the republicans.

Knock it off before we take your voter base off our family payroll. You know, the dudes who get off their couches once every four years

Reaction Score
Revis was a goner from the get go. After he got released from Tampa he wanted to go back to the Jets but they wouldn't offer him so he signed with the pats. Got in a system where he would be able to prove his worth with a good secondary and now back to being one of the most important non qbs in the league. NE was just a pit stop for him so he could get paid. One interesting thing is the Jets saying they'll do whatever they can to sign him while he was under contract. I read an article which proposed swapping 1st between the pats/jets. This happened before with Lance Briggs and even though he didn't sign with the 49ers but they still had to swap third rounders. In this case Revis actually left. Now was this due to the Jets saying they'll do whatever they can to sign him which is why he didn't sign with the pats?

BTW this offseason has been insane...

Reaction Score
Revis was a goner from the get go. After he got released from Tampa he wanted to go back to the Jets but they wouldn't offer him so he signed with the pats. Got in a system where he would be able to prove his worth with a good secondary and now back to being one of the most important non qbs in the league. NE was just a pit stop for him so he could get paid. One interesting thing is the Jets saying they'll do whatever they can to sign him while he was under contract. I read an article which proposed swapping 1st between the pats/jets. This happened before with Lance Briggs and even though he didn't sign with the 49ers but they still had to swap third rounders. In this case Revis actually left. Now was this due to the Jets saying they'll do whatever they can to sign him which is why he didn't sign with the pats?

BTW this offseason has been insane...
I don't get why the Pats didn't pick up the option for 1yr. Maybe Revis is overpriced at $20M, but I think by a small amount and that overpay doesn't tie you to a player in his 30's. Seems to me that other than this being fundamentally contrary to how the Pats do business, 20M for 15-16 would have made both business and football sense. So the only reason not to do it is organizational consistency. Or were they also being nice to Revis by letting him get the big pay day, OR were they also being devious and hoping to cash-in on tampering?

Reaction Score
I don't get why the Pats didn't pick up the option for 1yr. Maybe Revis is overpriced at $20M, but I think by a small amount and that overpay doesn't tie you to a player in his 30's. Seems to me that other than this being fundamentally contrary to how the Pats do business, 20M for 15-16 would have made both business and football sense. So the only reason not to do it is organizational consistency. Or were they also being nice to Revis by letting him get the big pay day, OR were they also being devious and hoping to cash-in on tampering?
Would have been 26 mil against cap....Pats didn't have room.

Reaction Score

And on top of that, they let Browner walk too. You'd think they wouldn't want to lose both in the same week. Didn't they pass on Browner because of something small like a 2m bonus or something?

Reaction Score
And on top of that, they let Browner walk too. You'd think they wouldn't want to lose both in the same week. Didn't they pass on Browner because of something small like a 2m bonus or something?
Supposedly it had to do with him not fitting their defensive scheme as well without a shutdown corner like Revis. But who knows - that could be some Patriots spin.

Reaction Score

Good news for the Giants if the Pats make the Super Bowl again next year. No one to check Beckham Jr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom