OT: Revis to the Jets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Revis to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah who cares about the tampering, every team does this sort of thing at this time of year.. Pats dont care, they knew they were going to let Revis go and they knew Jets would empty the bank for him..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the Patriots have won ten games or more for what is now 12 seasons in a row. No other team has done it for more than three seasons in a row during that time. Belichick understands that this is not the NBA. Stars at positions other than QB do not equate to winning. It's an injury plagued sport. Roster depth is critical. You can't spend too much of your salary cap on any one guy, except at QB. If Revis tweaks his knee in game 3, the Jets will be in a world of hurt. They can't afford decent backups. The Patriots won without Mayo, and got to the AFC championship without Mayo and Wilfork the year before. They will be fine.

Reaction Score
The move makes sense, the Jets had the worst secondary in football last year (from a talent perspective) and had almost $50m in cap space. They had to spend the money.

Front loaded deal too, won't tie them up down the road if Revis has a quick decline. It's a good move for the Jets and Revis.

Reaction Score
Actually, the Jets are the ones who cheated here. They will be faced with a penalty for tampering. I certainly hope it gets as much press as Spygate and Deflategate. Oh wait, it probably won't, because the Jets haven't won and never well. I hope Revis' teammates enjoy looking at his shiny Super Bowl ring.....that's the closest they'll ever come to one.

i knew the patriot fans wouldnt be able to take a joke.

Reaction Score
I think the Patriots have won ten games or more for what is now 12 seasons in a row. No other team has done it for more than three seasons in a row during that time. Belichick understands that this is not the NBA. Stars at positions other than QB do not equate to winning. It's an injury plagued sport. Roster depth is critical. You can't spend too much of your salary cap on any one guy, except at QB. If Revis tweaks his knee in game 3, the Jets will be in a world of hurt. They can't afford decent backups. The Patriots won without Mayo, and got to the AFC championship without Mayo and Wilfork the year before. They will be fine.

Same thing is happening with the Dolphins right now with Suh. Brought him in, but will most likely release Starks, Ellerby, etc in order to make room for him. Impact players are great in any sport, but with injuries and the grind of the NFL, the real value is based on depth and not individual players.

Reaction Score
C'mon Deep. Pats, Red Sox fans? All one in the same. Pats since the 2002 and Sux since 2004 = unbearable. But they think they're fine!:rolleyes:
You look foolish every time you post this deal.

As a Boston fan, I can fully admit Pats and Sox fans have become insufferable over the past decade. But pretending New York fans aren't also unbearable is absurd.

There's no difference between the fan bases.

Reaction Score
I am dumbfounded why Patriots fans are being such s about this. Everyone knew it was a one year gig and there was no way the Pats were ponying up the money Revis would want this year. Oh, and they won a Super Bowl two months ago.

Four titles later, they're still a bunch of insecure d-bags.

Every fan base have fans like this, but to apply the comments of a few blowhards to all Pats fans isn't fair. I'd say the majority of (real) Patriots fans are okay with the Revis departure because this has happened numerous times to this franchise during the Kraft/BB era.
As a Boston fan my whole life, I'm just enjoying the ride right now because I know all too well what it's like when the Patriots are 4-12 and the Red Sox are .500

Reaction Score

As a Boston fan, I can fully admit Pats and Sox fans have become insufferable over the past decade. But pretending New York fans aren't also unbearable is absurd.

Boston sports fans are deranged. I can't believe the things I see and hear in this town.

Reaction Score

I don't look foolish at all. I admit the stereotypical Yanks fan can be insufferable but you are one of the few on your end if this is true at all. The funny thing is most N.E. based Yankee fans weren't half as bad as they are now and only are because they had to begin listening to "2004 and how many rings you have since then?" BS......so you're foolish to think it's otherwise

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't look foolish at all. I admit the stereotypical Yanks fan can be insufferable but you are one of the few on your end if this is true at all. The funny thing is most N.E. based Yankee fans weren't half as bad as they are now and only are because they had to begin listening to "2004 and how many rings you have since then?" BS.so you're foolish to think it's otherwise

Come on. Through the 70's, 80's and 90's Yankee fans were obnoxious as hell and the most annoying in all of baseball by a wide margin. Time for a little humility for a change. The Yankees haven't been good in quite a long time and this year's team doesn't look like it will be a playoff contender. It's not a well run organization at present.

Reaction Score
Revis is a mercenary, the players have to be because their shelf life is short and their contracts aren't guaranteed. Look at the guys who got dumped/not re-signed or moved when they were a little past prime and/or too expensive. Wilfork, Demarco Murray, Jimmy Graham, Haloti Ngata, Frank Gore, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, the list from the last week alone is huge. And most of the moves were made to benefit saving cap $$ for their former team. Why else would New Orleans trade Jimmy Graham? But even taking his trade out of the conversation, most nfl players don't see the $$ of the last year or 2 of their contracts, its hard to begrudge them taking what they can when they can.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure who the Pats fans are that are "melting down." I think the anti-New England crowd is just going through the motions on this one. I think guys like Deepster were excited to see a meltdown so they just assume one is happening. I haven't seen it.

As far as Boston sports fans being "deranged" - putting aside the fact that you make this identical comment in literally every thread about Boston sports - if you spend some time in other east coast cities with long sports traditions and crappy weather you realize that they're not that different from any other place. The idea that they're any different than people in Philadelphia or NY is amusing.

By the way, Mau, I hate to break it to you, but the Yankees have the biggest pink hat brigade of all.

pg2_ap_ljames_200.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Revis is a mercenary, the players have to be because their shelf life is short and their contracts aren't guaranteed. Look at the guys who got dumped/not re-signed or moved when they were a little past prime and/or too expensive. Wilfork, Demarco Murray, Jimmy Graham, Haloti Ngata, Frank Gore, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, the list from the last week alone is huge. And most of the moves were made to benefit saving cap $$ for their former team. Why else would New Orleans trade Jimmy Graham? But even taking his trade out of the conversation, most nfl players don't see the $$ of the last year or 2 of their contracts, its hard to begrudge them taking what they can when they can.

New Orleans got a first round pick and a very good center. They needed to protect the QB better.

Reaction Score
It must suck being a jet fan. Your whining is kinda funny you guys are worse than the republicans.

Reaction Score
Come on. Through the 70's, 80's and 90's Yankee fans were obnoxious as hell and the most annoying in all of baseball by a wide margin. Time for a little humility for a change. The Yankees haven't been good in quite a long time and this year's team doesn't look like it will be a playoff contender. It's not a well run organization at present.

Like I said look at this crap coming from a guy who's team was crap last year. Never ends, I was very humble all my life until I moved to WesMass. I will say it again I grew up watching Horace Clark, Jake Gibbs, Steve Whitaker and Jerry fn Kenney. I loved my team even though they won 70 games and didn't care. When the late 70's came it was great and then another open gash for years with some decent teams. And then they won a lot , nothing like anyone else for a quite a while but I wasn't hammering on anyone unless they threw something in my face. And most of that began in 2004. To be honest they way the Sox (and Pats) fans are now, I doubt the actual Bronx fans are that obnoxious nor were they ever. They were use dot winning after all and knew how.

The fact you made this thread into how bad the Yanks will be this year and the organization is TELLING of who you are now. This was about FANS not teams but you needed to go there didn't you. Thanks for the proof hawky

Reaction Score
I'm not sure who the Pats fans are that are "melting down." I think the anti-New England crowd is just going through the motions on this one. I think guys like Deepster were excited to see a meltdown so they just assume one is happening. I haven't seen it.

As far as Boston sports fans being "deranged" - putting aside the fact that you make this identical comment in literally every thread about Boston sports - if you spend some time in other east coast cities with long sports traditions and crappy weather you realize that they're not that different from any other place. The idea that they're any different than people in Philadelphia or NY is amusing.

By the way, Mau, I hate to break it to you, but the Yankees have the biggest pink hat brigade of all.

pg2_ap_ljames_200.jpg

Hate to tell you but all changed in 2004 and it ain't close!

Reaction Score

pg2_ap_ljames_200.jpg
Might be a small sample, but there was quite a meltdown on 98.5 Boston sports yesterday afternoon. Felger, Mazz and the callers were more than a little irate.

Reaction Score
Why do Boston fans get so defensive about their teams when you mention one comment about Brady, Papi or some other Boston athlete the fans act like you just made fun of their mother.

Reaction Score
Might be a small sample, but there was quite a meltdown on 98.5 Boston sports yesterday afternoon. Felger, Mazz and the callers were more than a little irate.

If you're listening to Boston sports talk radio on purpose, you deserve everything you get. I was at Common Ground in Allston a few weeks ago, and this creepshow of a dude was hitting on my fiancee and her friend when I came in. Dude was awful. Turns out he works on Toucher & Rich, which explained everything. There isn't a minute of decent sports talk radio anywhere in this city.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Like I said look at this crap coming from a guy who's team was crap last year. Never ends, I was very humble all my life until I moved to WesMass. I will say it again I grew up watching Horace Clark, Jake Gibbs, Steve Whitaker and Jerry fn Kenney. I loved my team even though they won 70 games and didn't care. When the late 70's came it was great and then another open gash for years with some decent teams. And then they won a lot , nothing like anyone else for a quite a while but I wasn't hammering on anyone unless they threw something in my face. And most of that began in 2004. To be honest they way the Sox (and Pats) fans are now, I doubt the actual Bronx fans are that obnoxious nor were they ever. They were use dot winning after all and knew how.

The fact you made this thread into how bad the Yanks will be this year and the organization is TELLING of who you are now. This was about FANS not teams but you needed to go there didn't you. Thanks for the proof hawky

They won the world series the season before last. They had a bad year last year, whatever. Team looks very strong this year. The Yanks have been consistently mediocre for many years now, yet all I hear about is a bunch of World Series titles from long ago. The point is, no matter how mediocre the Yankees are, the fans will never accept that reality. The Montreal Canadiens fans are the same. Boston fans in my experience are always realistic, if not downright pessimistic about their teams. It's usually gloom and doom and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
They won the world series the season before last. They had a bad year last year, whatever. Team looks very strong this year. The Yanks have been consistently mediocre for many years now, yet all I hear about is a bunch of World Series titles from long ago. The point is, no matter how mediocre the Yankees are, the fans will never accept that reality. The Montreal Canadiens fans are the same. Boston fans in my experience are always realistic, if not downright pessimistic about their teams. It's usually gloom and doom and hope for the best.

How many is "many?" Two?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Reunited and it feels so good. Now all we need is to not re-sign Vick and I'll be on cloud 5. That's not a typo by the way, it's just as close to cloud 9 as we Jets fans can ever really get.

Reaction Score

It's the whole "Ha ha! He just won his last ring" type of mentality. The Pats knew they were getting him for a year. That year worked out the best it possibly could have worked....so why be a d*ck when he walks out the door?

Reaction Score

OMG you are not realistic Hawk. You seem like a good dude but you are a typical. Yankee fans that point out rings should only be doing that when told how great the Sox are now and have been "for years". Otherwise just STFU and admit the Yanks are old and mediocre I agree. But the rub from you guys is ridiculous and it;'s funny you believe the Canadien fans are only that way and not Bruin fans. You're lost in the Boston "Nation" BS my friend, no different and maybe worst than most bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom