OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He got suspended for what he did in Houston! Maybe you didn’t read Manfred’s findings. Red Sox weren’t completely clean here but I refuse to hear any fan of a team that employed Alex Rodriguez for 12 years get all holier than thou and talk about other teams cheating.
Or Jason giambi. Holy lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
He got suspended for what he did in Houston! Maybe you didn’t read Manfred’s findings. Red Sox weren’t completely clean here but I refuse to hear any fan of a team that employed Alex Rodriguez for 12 years get all holier than thou and talk about other teams cheating.
Big Papi was as big or possibly a bigger cheater than A-Rod. He just had a fixer in his corner...

Some questioned whether being a director of the Boston Red Sox created a conflict of interest for Mitchell, especially because no prime Red Sox players were named in the report,[22] despite the fact that Red Sox stars David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were later alleged to have used performance-enhancing substances during the 2003 season, as reported by The New York Times on July 30, 2009.[25] Likewise, the report was commissioned by Selig, and no members of the Milwaukee Brewers, whom Selig once owned, appeared in the report.

Reaction Score

You are lost, so lost it’s hilarious. How long did Manny play or Papi? Would you like me to go on? And you don’t know me so shut it off again never an ARod fan, he’s a cheater but you won with cheaters too. Get over it all and get real. Papi=ARod period!!! We’re both fans of cheaters you just like yours and I like a few of mine. ARod nah not a Yankee but good try crappy argument though.

Reaction Score
Big Papi was as big or possibly a bigger cheater than A-Rod. He just had a fixer in his corner...

Some questioned whether being a director of the Boston Red Sox created a conflict of interest for Mitchell, especially because no prime Red Sox players were named in the report,[22] despite the fact that Red Sox stars David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were later alleged to have used performance-enhancing substances during the 2003 season, as reported by The New York Times on July 30, 2009.[25] Likewise, the report was commissioned by Selig, and no members of the Milwaukee Brewers, whom Selig once owned, appeared in the report.
These are just stupid comm
Or Jason giambi. Holy lol
I was going to cite Giambi too but didn’t want to start the whole Papi, Manny crap again, to which we could bring up Grimsley, Sheffield, Knoblauch, Clemens and so many others. I’m willing to admit both teams have done their share of cheating but to have Yankee fans call anyone else cheaters is beyond hypocritical.

Reaction Score
These are just stupid comm

I was going to cite Giambi too but didn’t want to start the whole Papi, Manny crap again, to which we could bring up Grimsley, Sheffield, Knoblauch, Clemens and so many others. I’m willing to admit both teams have done their share of cheating but to have Yankee fans call anyone else cheaters is beyond hypocritical.

We talking steroids, HGH or stealing signs?? Get over it I can call you cheaters because you did steal signs. Can tell it bothers you, I’m happy. All is good outside of Covid can have a little fun with you.

Reaction Score
Or Trot, or Youk or.... oh who has the time.

We have plenty of our own I know.
I listed confirmed guys and you’re listing guys YOU suspect, not a fair comparison. As far as sign stealing, go find the article from The Athletic, that states The Yankees used video room to steal signs from 15-17. And they hired Carlos Beltran from The Astros who was said to “have a gift” for detecting signs. With the resources of the two teams and the stakes involved, I’ll reasonably agree both organizations have bent the rules.

Reaction Score
I listed confirmed guys and you’re listing guys YOU suspect, not a fair comparison. As far as sign stealing, go find the article from The Athletic, that states The Yankees used video room to steal signs from 15-17. And they hired Carlos Beltran from The Astros who was said to “have a gift” fWith the resources of the two teams and the stakes involved, I’ll reasonably agree both organizations have bent the rules.

It’s a fair comparison because they all cheated but denial will always be you and the Nation. Papi lol no doubter. Yanks didn’t steal signs read it with the blinders off.

Get the blinders off not even the same world as far as the usage. Yeah I know “it’s SNY blah blah blah” but it talks of the Athletic article and others.

Anyway who cares the game has changed accept it for what it is, that your team probably cheats somehow or just stop watching it. They all do there’s still too many crappy players hitting HRs all over the place. Yeah partially ball but also partially MLBs inability to catch up to everything these players are taking.

I don’t miss baseball half as much as I’d miss UConn basketball anyway so here’s hoping we’re ok come sept/Oct. Get me the majors, college hoops and football and I’m good with no baseball it’s not the same game.

Reaction Score
You could tell this was going to be a nothing-burger. The investigation dragged on and on and on. Manfred was getting mocked for the Houston ruling and he was hoping something - anything - of significance would fall in his lap if he just kept the Boston investigation open long enough just so he could right some wrongs.

Then you had 3 or 4 Sox players in the past 2 weeks start to basically challenge Manfred's manhood, telling him if he actually found anything he should just go ahead and release it and get this whole thing over with.

Of course, Manfred also probably came to the realization - or came across evidence - that what this video scout did for the Sox was also probably going on with other teams.

In Verducci's column he notes that many if not most teams had a setup similar to what the Red Sox had - in that their advance video scout also doubled as their replay monitor guy. So in essence, most of these same guys whose job it was to find patterns in other teams pitch sequencing just *happened* to also be watching live feeds in the replay monitor room during the game. The replay room. That has a camera that shows the catchers signals where you can see if the scouting report you just made for these players prior to the game, is still spot on once the very first guy reaches second base. And if you catch something during a game - let's say in the first inning - you have to stay buttoned up, even though maybe the biggest job you have for that day maybe entirely kaput after a couple of batters if the other team changed their sequence and you just found out what it was.

I mean the whole setup that MLB allowed was crazy to begin with. It's like taking a drug addict and sitting him down in front of a line of coke and hope he resists.

In the end, Manfred stated in the report that even if he had the authority to punish players who came forward, he wouldn't have done it based on what was discovered. And Alex Cora was cleared from any wrongdoing in 2018 and 2019. His suspension was for Houston alone.

Speaking of Cora, in his statement tonight, if you read between the lines you could tell he is tired of taking all of the bullets (or at least half - with Beltran) for what went down in Houston. You get the feeling he's done his job to not snitch on others but this wasn't just a Cora/Beltran production. That there were deeper tentacles that ran through that organization.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad to see another reasonable thread about a Boston team on this board.

I remember the 1986 World Series while at UConn. The Yankee fans mostly sided with the Mets fans, creating a 50-50 split across campus. It was crazy. Connecticut is just like that about these teams.

Reaction Score
LOL Red Sox fans LOL

Nothing ever wrong in the Nation. 2018 Mookie went from .264 to .346 (.378 at home) because that's what .290 career hitters do jump .82 basis points.

I'm done you're all clean as hell always have been. Heck Manny only did steroids when he was with Cleveland.

Have a good day! Let's talk UConn hoops here please, at least we are close to the same page at times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This clearly didn't amount to much. MLB all but admitted everybody was doing it. Let's just put this behind us and move forward.

Reaction Score
Individual cheating like Roids and Peds is far different then premeditated team wide/organization cheating. Not a bad thing to have some back and forth arguing with Boston-NY fans, would rather argue sports then Covid 19.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If they investigated every team in baseball they would find cheating in one sense or another
I have to laugh at the Yankee fans - yeah they are/were lily white with the Steinbrenners at the helm
I'm a Cubs fan but do not care for the Yankees - on a Duke level

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
MLB found next to nothing with the Sox because they already forced their hand. They had the Astros dead to rights and they let them go. No way they were going to double down and hammer the Sox.

Both, and probably more, were guilty but the MLB were too soft to do anything. Crazy how we go from banning people for life and from the HoF to not even hand slapping for cheating that impacts the outcomes of games.

Reaction Score
Forget what?

The cheating especially Dodgers fans maybe not so much the Sox but the Astros will still get booed heavily and guys will get hit by pitchers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The cheating especially Dodgers fans maybe not so much the Sox but the Astros will still get booed heavily and guys will get hit by pitchers.
What cheating?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
MLB found next to nothing with the Sox because they already forced their hand. They had the Astros dead to rights and they let them go. No way they were going to double down and hammer the Sox.

Both, and probably more, were guilty but the MLB were too soft to do anything. Crazy how we go from banning people for life and from the HoF to not even hand slapping for cheating that impacts the outcomes of games.
I've always said you want steroids out of baseball you make the first offense a 1 year ban and the second offense a lifetime ban. How many examples are there of guys getting suspended for juice and then signing lucrative deals thereafter? The reward outweighs the risk. That needs to be changed.

Reaction Score
LOL Red Sox fans LOL

Nothing ever wrong in the Nation. 2018 Mookie went from .264 to .346 (.378 at home) because that's what .290 career hitters do jump .82 basis points.

I'm done you're all clean as hell always have been. Heck Manny only did steroids when he was with Cleveland.

Have a good day! Let's talk UConn hoops here please, at least we are close to the same page at times.
You sound like Mike Aresco talking about UConn leaving the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom