OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty

Reaction Score
I think a common misconception that Sox fans continue to push as an argument is that Yankee fans are in love with A-Rod. I defended him for a while bc he seemed like an okay dude when he first came over but now looking back, he wasn't worth the trouble and is a complete toolbag whose entire career can be voided IMO. He broke the rules and paid for it but criticizing him to Yankee fans is like criticizing an ex-girlfriend who we dumped years ago. We've moved on and very few consider him a 'true' Yankee.

Sox fans on the other hand will defend Papi to the death and is still a cult hero even though he tested positive for "something", vowed to find out what it was, and then watched as the allegations disappeared like a fart in the wind (for you Shawshank fans). Papi is on a list of guys who raked after the age of 35 that includes Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, Juan Gon, Nelson Cruz and...you guessed it A-Rod. Now what do they all have in common??

If Sox fans just admitted that there is about a .001% chance that he DIDN'T juice, I think these debates would subside.

Papi will be in the Hall of Fame soon. The rest of the guys you listed won't.

Reaction Score
Red Sox fans ARE Patriots fans. We are one in the same my man
Not true at all. I absolutely love the Sox and hate the Patriots. Plenty of CT people like the Sox but not the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Not true at all. I absolutely love the Sox and hate the Patriots. Plenty of CT people like the Sox but not the Patriots.
I understand that man I wasn’t being literal. Just saying I would assume more are fans of both then just 1

Reaction Score
Red Sox fans ARE Patriots fans. We are one in the same my man

Don't lump this Sox fan in with fans of a bad franchise from a minor league. I can't wait for the pro football equilibrium to be restored. It's coming very soon.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'm actually the exact opposite. Yanks and Pats fan. People think I'm out my mind and a bandwagoner but you grow up in central CT, it happens. I've lived through plenty of bad seasons for each team.

Reaction Score
I understand that man I wasn’t being literal. Just saying I would assume more are fans of both then just 1
I understand. And probably the main reason I dislike your team is due to my team losing two Super Bowls to them and envy.

I’ve tried to explain to friends in other parts of the country the passion fans in New England (Northern CT up) have for the Sox by saying some people are Celtics fans, some are Bruins fans, some are Pats fans, but EVERYONE is a Sox fan. This was truer before the Pats 20 year run of course.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Papi will be in the Hall of Fame soon. The rest of the guys you listed won't.
Don't be so sure. Baseball writers have a funny way of determining players' roles in the steroid era.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting statistics based article about sign stealing from 2nd base, what the Sox were kind of accused of by MLB. Doesn't come to any conclusions.

The 2018 Red Sox hit a league-leading .292 with runners on second base, the highest average in such situations since the 2013 Cardinals hit .326. (The 2019 Yankees surpassed the Sox’ mark, hitting .303.) The team’s .484 slugging percentage in such moments was second-best in baseball.

Without a runner on second, the Sox were still very good but not exceptional: .262 average, .446 slugging, both top-five marks in baseball.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I remember the 1986 World Series while at UConn. The Yankee fans mostly sided with the Mets fans, creating a 50-50 split across campus. It was crazy. Connecticut is just like that about these teams.
Bleeding Kansas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom