OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty

Reaction Score
LOL Red Sox fans LOL

Nothing ever wrong in the Nation. 2018 Mookie went from .264 to .346 (.378 at home) because that's what .290 career hitters do jump .82 basis points.

I'm done you're all clean as hell always have been. Heck Manny only did steroids when he was with Cleveland.

Have a good day! Let's talk UConn hoops here please, at least we are close to the same page at times.
Interesting Mau that you chose to reference an off year Mookie had in 2017 while conveniently omitting that he hit .318 in 2016 while finishing in the top 5 for MVP.

To use your reasoning, let’s discuss your boy Gio Urshela. The same guy who hit under .230 over 3 terrible seasons with Cleveland. He had SIX career HR in 499 career ABs. He was so bad offensively that he only got 43 ABs for an awful Toronto team. He was almost out of baseball. Then out of nowhere, he bats .315 and swats 21 HR, or one every 22 ABs his first year in pinstripes. Nothing fishy there Mau! Are you sure you want to keep playing this game?

Reaction Score
I understand some NY fans are butthurt that they didn't have much on the Sox, but keep in mind that MLB has been run by two New Yorkers - a lifelong Yankees fan in Manfred, and Joe Torre. And with Manfred getting mocked for his Houston punishment, he probably was hoping he could drop an anvil on Boston. But there just wasn't much there.

It's not like Matt Damon and John Krasinski are running this league.

Reaction Score
Interesting Mau that you chose to reference an off year Mookie had in 2017 while conveniently omitting that he hit .318 in 2016 while finishing in the top 5 for MVP.

To use your reasoning, let’s discuss your boy Gio Urshela. The same guy who hit under .230 over 3 terrible seasons with Cleveland. He had SIX career HR in 499 career ABs. He was so bad offensively that he only got 43 ABs for an awful Toronto team. He was almost out of baseball. Then out of nowhere, he bats .315 and swats 21 HR, or one every 22 ABs his first year in pinstripes. Nothing fishy there Mau! Are you sure you want to keep playing this game?

Gio may have been a cheater, did I say he wasn't? Let's keep playing I have a ton going back a while, I'm not sure you're ready pal, as a matter of fact check out some guys from your championship years before you even start. It will be fun!!! LOL By the way did you watch Urshella I doubt you did?Never seen so many bloopers and bleeders in my life, he will not do it again I promise. But keep coming you're like candy for me. Millar, Trot, Miller, Pearce and his suddenly size 8 helmet let's play... ;)

Reaction Score
I understand some NY fans are butthurt that they didn't have much on the Sox, but keep in mind that MLB has been run by two New Yorkers - a lifelong Yankees fan in Manfred, and Joe Torre. And with Manfred getting mocked for his Houston punishment, he probably was hoping he could drop an anvil on Boston. But there just wasn't much there.

It's not like Matt Damon and John Krasinski are running this league.

Butthurt? Why? By the team that without sign stealing finished 19 games behind us with a team of misfit back ups playing in NY? LOL

LOL keep trying Vik I'm used to you and tentoes :D

Reaction Score
Gio may have been a cheater, did I say he wasn't? Let's keep playing I have a ton going back a while, I'm not sure you're ready pal, as a matter of fact check out some guys from your championship years before you even start. It will be fun!!! LOL By the way did you watch Urshella I doubt you did?Never seen so many bloopers and bleeders in my life, he will not do it again I promise. But keep coming you're like candy for me. Millar, Trot, Miller, Pearce and his suddenly size 8 helmet let's play... ;)
Are you serious with this or just trying to embarrass yourself?

A) There was no Miller on a recent Sox team, there was a Mueller who wasn’t a power hitter at all

B) you keep naming guys only YOU suspect. Millar, Bill Mueller and Steve Pearce? Really?? There might be more obvious choices if you’re trying to prove steroid users. None of those guys were major power hitters with the Sox or grossly outperformed their numbers on other teams. Pearce was a Yankee too. Did he go to Sox and start juicing right before the World Series? That was his only great streak on the Sox.

Stick to basketball and golf, you’re really reaching in this thread! It’s okay to yell out uncle and let us get off you.

Reaction Score

You mean the way Big Poppy did when he came over from the Twins? That was more dramatic.

Reaction Score
You guys realize something like 80% of major league players are drafted in the first 2 rounds. This hurts to an extent I thought it would be a first rounder

Reaction Score

Mau is completely clueless and baseless in this argument. But it’s fun to watch him try to selectively pick limited points to support his baseless arguments. Not one baseball expert would argue that Betts is not a top 5 player. Yet Mau finds that one stretch in his young career to support an ah-hah moment. By his own ridiculous argument, the entire 2019 Yankee team must have somehow been cheating since they all way over performed their career averages. But no, that would be the ONE time it’s legit. It’s quite comical.

Reaction Score
You mean the way Big Poppy did when he came over from the Twins? That was more dramatic.
Okay, so let me get your argument straight. David Ortiz going from 20 HR and 75 RBI to 31 and 101 in 43 more at bats in a MUCH better lineup in an electric park where fans actually gave a crap was more dramatic than Gio Urshela who was almost out of baseball after hitting .227 and homering every 83 ABS (6 in 499 ABs) suddenly hitting .315 with 21 HR and 75 RBI? Is that your argument?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Boston teams are never guilty of anything. They just get accused a lot.
And when they are proven guilty, everyone else does it too. And they believe this!

Reaction Score
Mau is completely clueless and baseless in this argument. But it’s fun to watch him try to selectively pick limited points to support his baseless arguments. Not one baseball expert would argue that Betts is not a top 5 player. Yet Mau finds that one stretch in his young career to support an ah-hah moment. By his own ridiculous argument, the entire 2019 Yankee team must have somehow been cheating since they all way over performed their career averages. But no, that would be the ONE time it’s legit. It’s quite comical.

No I'm not and you telling me this proves I'm not. Speaking of Mr Clueless himself! LOL But please continue on with your unbiased opinion so we can laugh during these tough times.

The Red Sox today released this statement.

“As an organization, we strive for 100% compliance with the rules. MLB’s investigation concluded that in isolated instances during the 2018 regular season, sign sequences were decoded through the use of of live game video rather than through permissible means.

“MLB acknowledged the front office’s extensive efforts to communicate and enforce the rules and concluded that Alex Cora, the coaching staff, and most of the players did not engage in, nor were they aware of, any violations. Regardless, these rule violations are unacceptable. We apologize to our fans and Major League Baseball, and accept the Commissioners ruling.”

The most troubling part of this statement is the admission that some of their players did cheat, but MLB, like they did with the Astros, has decided to penalize no players. MLB interviewed 65 Red Sox employees, including 35 past and present players, and for agreeing to be interviewed those players received full immunity. The players should be issuing a statement of apology as well.

Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred does not exactly come out of this smelling like a rose either. Of course nothing he has done lately has made him look or smell good. Baseball, under his watch, has come out of this cheating scandal with a black eye. The Astros’s black eye will be there for a long, long time. The Red Sox black eye has a chance to fade over time, but never completely go away

Ok so they cheated but the timing was perfect for getting away basically scot-free without penalty from MLB. Ok I'm good with it let's move on at least we know they did cheat despite what some here believe.;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And when they are proven guilty, everyone else does it too. And they believe this!

This is so so true and obvious to everyone but their fans. Check out all of their favorite teams. But admittedly by far the most consistent ih their efforts and beliefs David!

Reaction Score

Suddenly those stats skyrocketed from pretty bland numbers at a very easy place to hit, the heft bag stadium, to being good friends with Manny Ramirez. Wow no way did he do anything! :rolleyes: They really do believe this don't try to ruin their isolation.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
LOL Red Sox fans LOL

Nothing ever wrong in the Nation. 2018 Mookie went from .264 to .346 (.378 at home) because that's what .290 career hitters do jump .82 basis points.

I'm done you're all clean as hell always have been. Heck Manny only did steroids when he was with Cleveland.

Have a good day! Let's talk UConn hoops here please, at least we are close to the same page at times.
Individual cheating like Roids and Peds is far different then premeditated team wide/organization cheating. Not a bad thing to have some back and forth arguing with Boston-NY fans, would rather argue sports then Covid 19.
If they investigated every team in baseball they would find cheating in one sense or another
I have to laugh at the Yankee fans - yeah they are/were lily white with the Steinbrenners at the helm
I'm a Cubs fan but do not care for the Yankees - on a Duke level
MLB found next to nothing with the Sox because they already forced their hand. They had the Astros dead to rights and they let them go. No way they were going to double down and hammer the Sox.

Both, and probably more, were guilty but the MLB were too soft to do anything. Crazy how we go from banning people for life and from the HoF to not even hand slapping for cheating that impacts the outcomes of games.

MLB wanted Boston and the Astros to be the Bonds and Clemens of this situation. Look at the two big bright shiny objects.

Don’t look at him thome over there...

They wanted to tie this around the two biggest targets because it’s the easiest to get people riled up about. They didn’t want to find more.

We know Boston didn’t do it in October and that is really a big reason their penalty needed to be lighter anyway.

But this is like deflate gateIt only was able to happen because of laughable stupid operational work by the league itself.

Mlb should’ve controlled all access to that room from the start, just like the nfl officials should’ve had control of the game balls before kickoff. It’s laughable to think anyone thought either thought these team controlled ideas were actually a good idea at some point in time.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is so so true and obvious to everyone but their fans. Check out all of their favorite teams. But admittedly by far the most consistent ih their efforts and beliefs David!

Red Sox fans are no where near as bad a pats fans.

Sox fans toon their lumps without much crowing for the cherington international free agent fiasco.

The Ortiz thing...it wouldn’t shock me if he was juicing in 03/04 to get that huge contract. But he also passed every single test in his career after that. So either he was always ahead of the testing game, or he did it for his huge score, like Brady Anderson in 96.

the Q

Reaction Score
You guys realize something like 80% of major league players are drafted in the first 2 rounds. This hurts to an extent I thought it would be a first rounder

Especially when the Sox have one of the 5 or so worst farm systems in the game. They really needed to do some selling last July but didn’t tank until it was too late.

Reaction Score

Whaa the Yankees cheat too whaaaaa.

Reaction Score
MLB wanted Boston and the Astros to be the Bonds and Clemens of this situation. Look at the two big bright shiny objects.

Don’t look at him thome over there...

They wanted to tie this around the two biggest targets because it’s the easiest to get people riled up about. They didn’t want to find more.

We know Boston didn’t do it in October and that is really a big reason their penalty needed to be lighter anyway.

But this is like deflate gateIt only was able to happen because of laughable stupid operational work by the league itself.

Mlb should’ve controlled all access to that room from the start, just like the nfl officials should’ve had control of the game balls before kickoff. It’s laughable to think anyone thought either thought these team controlled ideas were actually a good idea at some point in time.

Manfred wasnt gonna do anything at all until this was all brought to the public eye, then made BS suspensions to save face. Same thing happened with Roids until Canseco opened his mouth, then Selig and Manfred did something to save face, after covering it up.

Reaction Score

Sox fans toon their lumps without much crowing for the cherington international free agent fiasco.

The Ortiz thing...it wouldn’t shock me if he was juicing in 03/04 to get that huge contract. But he also passed every single test in his career after that. So either he was always ahead of the testing game, or he did it for his huge score, like Brady Anderson in 96.

Sox fans ARE Pats fans for the most part Q.

And Ortiz passed tests because so did a lot of others who were cheating. Baseball never caught up with what so many were doing. Arod passed tests too we all know how long he was cheating so let's be honest passing tests meant nothing. MLB I am sure wasn't interested in catching up either.

the Q

Reaction Score
Sox fans ARE Pats fans for the most part Q.

And Ortiz passed tests because so did a lot of others who were cheating. Baseball never caught up with what so many were doing. Arod passed tests too we all know how long he was cheating so let's be honest passing tests meant nothing. MLB I am sure wasn't interested in catching up either.

MLb really wanted to take arod down for whatever reason.

They used blackmail and extortion to do it (and somehow suffered zero consquences for it).

Reaction Score
They used blackmail and extortion to do it (and somehow suffered zero consquences for it).
[/QUOTE]

ARod deserved it to a point but he was singled out for whatever reason. Probably for being a d**k compared to others but still they left other real good players off the charts. Not fair but whatever.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I think a common misconception that Sox fans continue to push as an argument is that Yankee fans are in love with A-Rod. I defended him for a while bc he seemed like an okay dude when he first came over but now looking back, he wasn't worth the trouble and is a complete toolbag whose entire career can be voided IMO. He broke the rules and paid for it but criticizing him to Yankee fans is like criticizing an ex-girlfriend who we dumped years ago. We've moved on and very few consider him a 'true' Yankee.

Sox fans on the other hand will defend Papi to the death and is still a cult hero even though he tested positive for "something", vowed to find out what it was, and then watched as the allegations disappeared like a fart in the wind (for you Shawshank fans). Papi is on a list of guys who raked after the age of 35 that includes Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, Juan Gon, Nelson Cruz and...you guessed it A-Rod. Now what do they all have in common??

If Sox fans just admitted that there is about a .001% chance that he DIDN'T juice, I think these debates would subside.

Reaction Score

Red Sox fans ARE Patriots fans. We are one in the same my man

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom