OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox sign stealing penalty

Reaction Score
After 4 months of investigation that's it? I guess they didn't find much with those weak penalties. What exactly did MLB find? The players vehemently denied any wrongdoing. I guess they were right.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So Watkins was using real time game day film to augment the permissible scouting film already developed?

Reaction Score
Filthy Red Sox cheaters get off scot free. I mean they wouldve been in the bottom of the AL east anyways looking up at the Yankees but still

Reaction Score
Very weak, don't get it. They were the Astro's but get away with hardly a peep. It doesn't really matter if they don't penalize those who knew and took advantage at all then it was all worthless. Or let everyone know what pitch is coming vs them to see how it feels.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Delayed season is the best thing that could have ever happened for the Astros and Red Sox. For PR and penalty purposes.

Actually in a 5-10 round draft, the penalties are much stronger than in a normal year.

Reaction Score
Not surprised at all after the Astros got a slap on the wrist.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't even be that much. If people read the report there really isn't much on the Sox. It feels like Manfred had to find something just so it looks like they did something. In no way should the 2018 Red Sox be classed together with the 2017 Astros.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Very weak, don't get it. They were the Astro's but get away with hardly a peep. It doesn't really matter if they don't penalize those who knew and took advantage at all then it was all worthless. Or let everyone know what pitch is coming vs them to see how it feels.

How were they the Astros?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'm no Sox fan but but there were no banging trash cans and guys throwing up signs in the bullpen. The Astros antics were disgraceful and I think what makes it even worse was how douchy they were about it. The home/road splits were a joke in the playoffs, Bregman is turd and I'm convinced that Altuve had something going on under his jersey when he hit that HR off Chapman. Guy hits a walkoff HR against one of the best closers in baseball in a playoff game and all he could think about was his jersey getting ripped off? There's no hard evidence (other than the rest of the cheating, so hey, why not raise the bar?) but it just reeks of guilt.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the infractions seem to constitute a big nothing-burger. Not even close to what the Astros did. The penalties are more than sufficient. Given the consistent insistence by everyone associated with the Sox I was interested to see if there really wasn't anything there. And apparently there wasn't.

Reaction Score
Because he’s Mau and he hates the Red Sox?

Yeah that’s it lol it’s not because they cheated? Lol oh and your manager got fired and suspended please show me where he went kicking and screaming

I will wait?

Oh yeah the only thing you get right is I hate the Red Sox. Good read.

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s it lol it’s not because they cheated? Lol oh and your manager got fired and suspended please show me where he went kicking and screaming

I will wait?

Oh yeah the only thing you get right is I hate the Red Sox. Good read.
He got suspended for what he did in Houston! Maybe you didn’t read Manfred’s findings. Red Sox weren’t completely clean here but I refuse to hear any fan of a team that employed Alex Rodriguez for 12 years get all holier than thou and talk about other teams cheating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom