OT: Pretty important update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pretty important update

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
‘Date night’ at the mall doesn’t seem feasible. Am I supposed to weigh in on which shawl to get gramma?

thats exactly what its going to be. She is going to hold up every single item all night and I will be required to give my opinion on it or face the wrath.

Reaction Score
I'm a last minute shopper for sure, and hope to finish tomorrow (one gift card). Shopping is the easy part. Hard part is getting off my lazy arse to wrap presents. Been known to do it XMass eve and early XMas mornings. I think I'll be on the same course this year.

I have daughters though (one exactly) who don't mind helping me out and wrap for me. I wrap ugly on purpose and they don't want my wrapped gifts under the tree.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well, I have a family outing tonight and will have to catch the replay later on. Started off with me asking Mrs. Chin if she was interested and ended with two teenage kids wanting to join in. So, it's a family Christmas special.

White Tie Rock Ensemble is a regional Gulf Coast band founded by a classical musician who wants to preserve rock and roll songs just like Bach or Beethoven. We've seen them do Zeppelin, Who, Eagles, Van Halen, Journey and the Beetles Abbey Road with a full symphony.

This is the promo for tonight:

A White Tie Christmas is an annual holiday concert series featuring music from Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen and other Holiday Classics! The Tied Up Quartet will add a classical touch to the White Tie Rock Ensemble as they recreate these timeless songs in the White Tie Sound tradition! Come celebrate the holiday season with the White Tie Rock Ensemble!

View attachment 27083
Something similar called "Rocktopia" has been appearing in banner ads for me here for the past few weeks; it's playing Broadway in March. It looked intriguing so I clicked on it and watched the promo video and then checked out a few other videos on line. Thought my kids might like it and suggested picking up tickets as a family gift. Wife thought it looked cheesy and shot it down.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Im facing the opposite dilemma.

And Im loathe to even type this here because I know so many of you look up to me as the Alpha on a board full of Betas. But it is the Xmas season and as my gift to the Mens board I will share a vulnerability that Im sure I will pay for until the end of time on here ,and lose everyone's respect that I've worked so hard to earn through years of Arbys hosannas and vital information on the pitfalls of Turkey and Ketchup.

Ive done no shopping. Neither has my wife really.

A month or two ago my wife informed me that her CT chapter of MUFON was having a meeting in our area with a special speaker and she would like for me to attend it with her and then make it a date night after. I didnt pay attention to when it was. I said "yeah sure" as I think I had just finished telling her I was going to the Cuse game at MSG so I was in no position to balk at that seemingly simple, innocuous request.

Well that MUFON meeting is tonight as I was reminded a couple days ago. So I mildly registered a slight complaint but then looked at the time of the meeting and realized I could be home for tip off and I relayed that relief to my wife. She said "Oh no, its date night too" so then I asked if date night could include a bar/rest with a TV in it she's usually pretty good about bending a little there most times. But then the worst part came. She said "Date night now means you are coming Christmas shopping with me after the meeting, because Im behind"

So instead of watching my favorite team play a huge road game with pretty much my favorite human on the planet doing color commentary, I will be sitting listening about the appearance of UFO's in CT and possible abductions and then carrying shopping bags around the hideous Clinton Outlets for 2 hours. I dont even get dinner!

Suite lyphe.
Need me to call your work phone with an emergency?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm a last minute shopper for sure, and hope to finish tomorrow (one gift card). Shopping is the easy part. Hard part is getting off my lazy arse to wrap presents. Been known to do it XMass eve and early XMas mornings. I think I'll be on the same course this year.

I have daughters though (one exactly) who don't mind helping me out and wrap for me. I wrap ugly on purpose and they don't want my wrapped gifts under the tree.
In the past I have paid my daughters to wrap. I hate wrapping.

Many years ago the Civic Center Mall (remember that?) used to have a group of girls in the middle who would wrap your presents for donations. I used to shop there just because of that. Go shopping, drop the presents, grab lunch, pick up presents, leave nice tip. I'm surprised I don't see that anywhere any more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Many years ago the Civic Center Mall (remember that?) used to have a group of girls in the middle who would wrap your presents for donations. I used to shop there just because of that. Go shopping, drop the presents, grab lunch, pick up presents, leave nice tip. I'm surprised I don't see that anywhere any more.

I have plenty of places that doing wrapping for donations- usually HS bands or other civic organizations. I take advantage of that if I have the time.

For degenerates, a quick, easy way to fill up stockings is with scratch off lottery cards. Go to the local Quick-E Mart and get a variety. I started doing this a few years ago and it's now the first thing my kids go after on Christmas morning.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Something similar called "Rocktopia" has been appearing in banner ads for me here for the past few weeks; it's playing Broadway in March. It looked intriguing so I clicked on it and watched the promo video and then checked out a few other videos on line. Thought my kids might like it and suggested picking up tickets as a family gift. Wife thought it looked cheesy and shot it down.

Double win. You get to have a day/night with the kids and the Mrs. gets a peaceful night to herself.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
thats exactly what its going to be. She is going to hold up every single item all night and I will be required to give my opinion on it or face the wrath.

From one of my favorite follows, The Tasteless Gentleman:

FB_IMG_1513894318303.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I finished my Christmas shopping.

I’m only telling you people, though. I’m not telling my wife.

The in-laws are coming in tonight and I plan on using the Christmas shopping canard to get out of the house on Saturday. I’ll need the peace and quiet by then.

I might just reserve a room at the Residence Inn to take a nap, watch the Auburn game and some football and then I’ll come home.

Econo Lodge will give you a better halftime show.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I finished my Christmas shopping.

I’m only telling you people, though. I’m not telling my wife.

The in-laws are coming in tonight and I plan on using the Christmas shopping canard to get out of the house on Saturday. I’ll need the peace and quiet by then.

I might just reserve a room at the Residence Inn to take a nap, watch the Auburn game and some football and then I’ll come home.
Brilliant!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Some talking points; if you want them. Show them you have historical knowledge.

Gulf Breeze UFO phenomenon: 30 years later, sightings still divide public

Three decades after a Gulf Breeze building contractor released eerie photos of circular UFOs to local media and set off a year-long skywatching phenomenon, the so-called "Gulf Breeze Sightings" have become part of American lore.

Ed Walters claimed he shot the photos from his yard on Nov. 11, 1987. And now, even 30 years later, people are still divided on what really happened in Gulf Breeze in late 1987 through 1988.

Reaction Score
I have plenty of places that doing wrapping for donations- usually HS bands or other civic organizations. I take advantage of that if I have the time.

For degenerates, a quick, easy way to fill up stockings is with scratch off lottery cards. Go to the local Quick-E Mart and get a variety. I started doing this a few years ago and it's now the first thing my kids go after on Christmas morning.
As for wrapping my wife has been using the colorful/seasonal bags with the color tissue like paper. Time saver!

I get scratchoffs tix which is fine, but I'm not sure I could handle giving away a tix and it turns out to be a $1000/wk for life winner or similar. It would ruin that Xmas and a few to come for me (reminders). Would make going back to work sucky for some time as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Westfarms has it. Not too far from Starbucks and the Godiva chocolate store.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And Im loathe to even type this here because I know so many of you look up to me as the Alpha on a board full of Betas. But it is the Xmas season and as my gift to the Mens board I will share a vulnerability that Im sure I will pay for until the end of time on here ,and lose everyone's respect that I've worked so hard to earn through years of Arbys hosannas and vital information on the pitfalls of Turkey and Ketchup.

A month or two ago my wife informed me that her CT chapter of MUFON was having a meeting in our area with a special speaker and she would like for me to attend it with her and then make it a date night after. I didnt pay attention to when it was. I said "yeah sure" as I think I had just finished telling her I was going to the Cuse game at MSG so I was in no position to balk at that seemingly simple, innocuous request.

Well that MUFON meeting is tonight as I was reminded a couple days ago. So I mildly registered a slight complaint but then looked at the time of the meeting and realized I could be home for tip off and I relayed that relief to my wife. She said "Oh no, its date night too" so then I asked if date night could include a bar/rest with a TV in it she's usually pretty good about bending a little there most times. But then the worst part came. She said "Date night now means you are coming Christmas shopping with me after the meeting, because Im behind"

So instead of watching my favorite team play a huge road game with pretty much my favorite human on the planet doing color commentary, I will be sitting listening about the appearance of UFO's in CT and possible abductions and then carrying shopping bags around the hideous Clinton Outlets for 2 hours. I dont even get dinner!

Suite lyphe.

A. That blows. Those are the breaks though. Best to save up for when needed, like final four games.
B. With disclosure of the government’s UFO program and Navy pilots and others going public in the last couple of weeks, MUFON might be more interesting than usual. Looking for a bright spot here.

Reaction Score

Suite lyphe.
Go to the mall with your phone/tablet. Take you manly position on the man bench as the 'bag watcher' telling your wife to take her time, as she knows you will rush her. Get the ESPN app and enjoy as much as you can while sitting. Just keep an eye on the bags, and her coming. Look bored but happy that she is happy (women love shopping) and tell her to continue, and you are fine waiting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was at the Eastbrook Mall this week.

They had two 80 year olds wrapping for donations for the thread museum.

It was just right in the middle of the hallway and was a complete disaster.

God I love the Eastbrook Mall.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Go to the mall with your phone/tablet. Take you manly position on the man bench as the 'bag watcher' telling your wife to take her time, as she knows you will rush her. Get the ESPN app and enjoy as much as you can while sitting. Just keep an eye on the bags, and her coming. Look bored but happy that she is happy (women love shopping) and tell her to continue, and you are fine waiting.
Seasoned veteran. Great post!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fishy - I think you're joking, but want you to know that one year I was told I didn't spend enough time out shopping so the next two years I took a nap in my car on the top floor of the Westfarms parking garage.

Absolutely perfect Deepster response.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Suite lyphe.

I know you don't toke anymore, but maybe do a one off for old time sake. UFOs and aimless wandering.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thats dicey. But I will be using it from time to time. I dont know about your wife, but if I walk around with my nose in phone and earbuds in on "date night" it doesnt end well.
You're missing the point. It's date night. That means paying attention to the queen, or at least pretending to.

Let's be honest. 'Date night' is a euphemism for 'bell boy' in this particular instance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom