OT: Pretty important update | The Boneyard

OT: Pretty important update

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I finished my Christmas shopping.

I’m only telling you people, though. I’m not telling my wife.

The in-laws are coming in tonight and I plan on using the Christmas shopping canard to get out of the house on Saturday. I’ll need the peace and quiet by then.

I might just reserve a room at the Residence Inn to take a nap, watch the Auburn game and some football and then I’ll come home.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Achieved my personal best this morning. 49 minutes. Fyi - target opens at 7 and westfarms at 8 thidls week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The in-laws are coming in tonight and I plan on using the Christmas shopping canard to get out of the house on Saturday. I’ll need the peace and quiet by then.

I might just reserve a room at the Residence Inn to take a nap, watch the Auburn game and some football and then I’ll come home.

Not done with shopping yet but am going to Auburn game and spending night in hotel just for peace and quiet.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

You're married? That's shocking. What with all the throat punching and such... I just assumed that if you were married, you "accidentally" ended your wife years ago.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Are you sure your in-laws don't read the Boneyard ?

Reaction Score

Almost for me one more easy stop I've been procrastinating on and will do today. Or tomorrow, maybe before the game on Saturday, or right after.

Anyway all my BY shopping is done too, a new 5 iron for Fishy. A spooker for Deepster and a special Ashton for brother swami almost as long as your 5 iron.

Everyone else gets either a Rolling Rock or a slice of Modern Pizza. Oh almost forgot, autographed old basketball cards from 1994 of Kevin Ollie for bass, sj and JMick.

Happy Holidays to all!

Reaction Score
Fishy - I think you're joking, but want you to know that one year I was told I didn't spend enough time out shopping so the next two years I took a nap in my car on the top floor of the Westfarms parking garage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fishy - I think you're joking, but want you to know that one year I was told I didn't spend enough time out shopping so the next two years I took a nap in my car on the top floor of the Westfarms parking garage.
Yep, I've gotten that. Don't hate on my shopping efficiency woman.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

So that was you...up there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A+
Totally excellent move. Would do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Wow. If I can pull it off all via Amazon, that's fine with my wife. She's mostly buying and wrapping her own stuff at this point. I don't go anywhere near a mall at this time of year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't get why you went to the mall for the nap. Was she tracking you?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Im facing the opposite dilemma.

And Im loathe to even type this here because I know so many of you look up to me as the Alpha on a board full of Betas. But it is the Xmas season and as my gift to the Mens board I will share a vulnerability that Im sure I will pay for until the end of time on here ,and lose everyone's respect that I've worked so hard to earn through years of Arbys hosannas and vital information on the pitfalls of Turkey and Ketchup.

Ive done no shopping. Neither has my wife really.

A month or two ago my wife informed me that her CT chapter of MUFON was having a meeting in our area with a special speaker and she would like for me to attend it with her and then make it a date night after. I didnt pay attention to when it was. I said "yeah sure" as I think I had just finished telling her I was going to the Cuse game at MSG so I was in no position to balk at that seemingly simple, innocuous request.

Well that MUFON meeting is tonight as I was reminded a couple days ago. So I mildly registered a slight complaint but then looked at the time of the meeting and realized I could be home for tip off and I relayed that relief to my wife. She said "Oh no, its date night too" so then I asked if date night could include a bar/rest with a TV in it she's usually pretty good about bending a little there most times. But then the worst part came. She said "Date night now means you are coming Christmas shopping with me after the meeting, because Im behind"

So instead of watching my favorite team play a huge road game with pretty much my favorite human on the planet doing color commentary, I will be sitting listening about the appearance of UFO's in CT and possible abductions and then carrying shopping bags around the hideous Clinton Outlets for 2 hours. I dont even get dinner!

Suite lyphe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And Im loathe to even type this here because I know so many of you look up to me as the Alpha on a board full of Betas. But it is the Xmas season and as my gift to the Mens board I will share a vulnerability that Im sure I will pay for until the end of time on here ,and lose everyone's respect that I've worked so hard to earn through years of Arbys hosannas and vital information on the pitfalls of Turkey and Ketchup.

A month or two ago my wife informed me that her CT chapter of MUFON was having a meeting in our area with a special speaker and she would like for me to attend it with her and then make it a date night after. I didnt pay attention to when it was. I said "yeah sure" as I think I had just finished telling her I was going to the Cuse game at MSG so I was in no position to balk at that seemingly simple, innocuous request.

Well that MUFON meeting is tonight as I was reminded a couple days ago. So I mildly registered a slight complaint but then looked at the time of the meeting and realized I could be home for tip off and I relayed that relief to my wife. She said "Oh no, its date night too" so then I asked if date night could include a bar/rest with a TV in it she's usually pretty good about bending a little there most times. But then the worst part came. She said "Date night now means you are coming Christmas shopping with me after the meeting, because Im behind"

So instead of watching my favorite team play a huge road game with pretty much my favorite human on the planet doing color commentary, I will be sitting listening about the appearance of UFO's in CT and possible abductions and then carrying shopping bags around the hideous Clinton Outlets for 2 hours. I dont even get dinner!

Suite lyphe.

They have apps for this situation.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
They have apps for this situation.

Thats dicey. But I will be using it from time to time. I dont know about your wife, but if I walk around with my nose in phone and earbuds in on "date night" it doesnt end well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Suite lyphe.

Well, I have a family outing tonight and will have to catch the replay later on. Started off with me asking Mrs. Chin if she was interested and ended with two teenage kids wanting to join in. So, it's a family Christmas special.

White Tie Rock Ensemble is a regional Gulf Coast band founded by a classical musician who wants to preserve rock and roll songs just like Bach or Beethoven. We've seen them do Zeppelin, Who, Eagles, Van Halen, Journey and the Beetles Abbey Road with a full symphony.

This is the promo for tonight:

A White Tie Christmas is an annual holiday concert series featuring music from Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen and other Holiday Classics! The Tied Up Quartet will add a classical touch to the White Tie Rock Ensemble as they recreate these timeless songs in the White Tie Sound tradition! Come celebrate the holiday season with the White Tie Rock Ensemble!

upload_2017-12-21_14-46-34.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thats dicey. But I will be using it from time to time. I dont know about your wife, but if I walk around with my nose in phone and earbuds in on "date night" it doesnt end well.

‘Date night’ at the mall doesn’t seem feasible. Am I supposed to weigh in on which shawl to get gramma?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom