OT: Pool Tables | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Pool Tables

Reaction Score
Your taste and budget are your own obviously, but you might be better served looking at a used one. I'm guessing there are a lot of older homes with unused tables they might be willing to unload.
On OfferUp and particularly in advertised higher-end yard/estate sales, I regularly see older, quality pool tables. Often, they appear to have been owned by some elderly or recently deceased relative. Or, some downsizing couples who may have rarely used the dust collector they thought would be used.

Reaction Score
Or, a driving range if @minidarren golfs. If nothing else, it may help demo the area to remove the wall/boxed in area and potentially drive others in the household crazy. ;)
I didn't consider the driving range. But now that you mention it I am going to call and cancel the table to put the range in.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't have a picture of the room and we are out of state right now, but I found a picture from when the previous homeowner put the house on the market. They took pictures of every room in the house but this one. However I was able to get a bit of it included in a photo from the living room. As you can see, the room is wide open on two sides, so perhaps I can shift it a smidge to not make it look too off centered but still afford the player some space where there are walls. View attachment 33293

IMO, that doesn't look like a solid room for a pool table.

Use that room for your indoor hot tub, disco ball and strobes.

Reaction Score
Changed my order to a 7' table. Feel much better about the decision.

Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1539479741066.jpg

Reaction Score
Looks good, maybe a little tight on the ends?

Do you use bridge when you have to shoot over the dog?
Its tight at the wall where the mirror is so we went out and got a short cue yesterday. I'd say we used it for maybe 10-15% of the shots. Not too bad. So glad that we went from an 8' to a 7'.

Reaction Score
You really don't want a mirror on the side you break at.

Nice dog!
I jettisoned the cue ball off the table twice yesterday so I hear your concern. The options are pretty limited for wall art.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom