OT- Pete Carroll | The Boneyard

OT- Pete Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously did he forget Marshawn Lynch is on his team? He has the Super Bowl in his back pocket and he throws from the 1. Belichick's coaching in the last minute was dumb but Carroll took things to all-time dumb levels.

He also didn't get Reggie bush the ball at the end of the national championship against Texas.

Reaction Score
I wonder if it wasn't the OC calling that play, sure Carroll is the head coach, but I still wonder.

Reaction Score
For the first time, I'm thinking the NFL may be fixed. Why didn't Belichick call time before, obviously Brady could get them in fg range in 40 secs or so. It's like he knew what was going to happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The last minute was just a whorehouse of bad coaching, but that call on the goal line....wow.

Previously, I used to think Joe Torre leaving Jeff Weaver in the game in the 12th inning of the WS in 2003 was about as dumb a sports gaff as I could imagine. Maybe Bill Shoemaker standing up early and losing a Derby is in the mix....but not anymore.

Pete Carroll will never sleep again thinking about that play.

Reaction Score
For the first time, I'm thinking the NFL may be fixed. Why didn't Belichick call time before, obviously Brady could get them in fg range in 40 secs or so. It's like he knew what was going to happen.

If it was fixed in the sense that Belichick didn't call a TO so Pats would lose: it didn't work. If you think it was fixed that the Pats were supposed to win by that interception I'd say that's utterly ridiculous that everyone would be in on it. Especially a rookie. Everyone knows you can't trust rookies with crooked Super Bowl fix information.

Reaction Score
Seahawks had been pulling stuff out of their ass for the last 2 games. They pulled a bunch out of their ass tonight to stay in the game (blown roughing the passer, pass deflection lands on guy's chest, 2 unknowns having the games of their lives, going for the endzone with 6 seconds on the clock at the end of the first half), but, in the end, they couldn't pull the most important thing out of their ass, and that is their heads.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Right dude. Right.

Reaction Score
Tbat was the dumbest call in NFL super bowl history. Wow, Seahawks are going to get killed for that. Can't even begin to feel the pain seattle fans will feel, it's always worse after the shock and anger wears off. Game was over, pats didnt even call time out, which was confusing as well. Tbey could have ran 2x before passing. What a bad call.

Reaction Score
If it was fixed in the sense that Belichick didn't call a TO so Pats would lose: it didn't work. If you think it was fixed that the Pats were supposed to win by that interception I'd say that's utterly ridiculous that everyone would be in on it. Especially a rookie. Everyone knows you can't trust rookies with crooked Super Bowl fix information.

A rookie can't catch a ball thrown at his numbers?

Reaction Score
A rookie can't catch a ball thrown at his numbers?

So now Russell Wilson is in on it too. Sleep it off bro. Bad coaching decision by BB and horrendous decision by the Seahawks is what happened.

Reaction Score
Play call bro. No way even a high school coach makes that pass in a congested area in that situation, with Lynch in the backfield, and the other coach who always calls time for a chance to tie lets the time run out.
Sorry pat fans but this may be the WWF at it's finest

Reaction Score
I don't get the no TO at :50 by the Pats. I guess Belichick assumed they'd run, hoped they'd stop them, and that they would score...and therefore keeping the two TOs.

Butler saved them.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Pete Carroll also let Bill Belichick off the hook. Why didn't Belichick call timeout at :50?

Because that is the only way they could've won.

It would have taken a miracle for the Pats to go from their own 20 to field goal range with 30 or so seconds left against Seattle's defense. Especially when most of the Pats yardage was via runs and short passes.

Might as well go for the stop in that situation and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a defensible call, to be honest, and his explanation makes sense - you're not going to be able to run three straight times in that spot, so you might as well throw while their run-heavy group is in there, knowing you can come back to Lynch on third and fourth down. It isn't Carroll's fault that a quarterback who never throws interceptions threw one at the worst possible time.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a defensible call, to be honest, and his explanation makes sense - you're not going to be able to run three straight times in that spot,
What? Why the hell not? With Wilson and Lynch you've got two of the best runners on the planet. Pete can say whatever he wants - this will go in his tombstone.

Reaction Score
What? Why the hell not? With Wilson and Lynch you've got two of the best runners on the planet. Pete can say whatever he wants - this will go in his tombstone.

There were what, 30 seconds left? You have one timeout. Again, the Patriots had their run-stoppers in the game - the last thing you want there is a two yard loss, because then you're sort of forced into passing the ball on the following two downs.

It isn't like I would have sat there and second guessed him if they had run it, but it's so strange to me that people are grilling Carroll rather than Wilson, the guy who threw a pick in a spot you absolutely cannot throw a pick.

Reaction Score
There were what, 30 seconds left? You have one timeout. Again, the Patriots had their run-stoppers in the game - the last thing you want there is a two yard loss, because then you're sort of forced into passing the ball on the following two downs.

It isn't like I would have sat there and second guessed him if they had run it, but it's so strange to me that people are grilling Carroll rather than Wilson, the guy who threw a pick in a spot you absolutely cannot throw a pick.

It was a bad call, even if throwing a pass is defensive. Use the threat of a run, run a duck______ bootleg PA pass, not a inside slant. God I hate the Pats. Russ does deserve blame as well but it was bad all around, besides the D Back who punked that receiver and made a name for himself.

Reaction Score
It was a bad call, even if throwing a pass is defensive. Use the threat of a run, run a duck______ bootleg PA pass, not a inside slant. God I hate the Pats. Russ does deserve blame as well but it was bad all around, besides the D Back who punked that receiver and made a name for himself.

I'll agree with you there, the last thing you want is Wilson to fire a missal into traffic. Even if it's not jumped like it was, it could have easily bounced up into the air.

Reaction Score
I'll agree with you there, the last thing you want is Wilson to fire a missal into traffic. Even if it's not jumped like it was, it could have easily bounced up into the air.
That's exactly what bothers me. I think especially after his 5 yard run, you absolutely have to go back to Lynch but if you really did feel the need to pass, why the hell do you throw a slant against a goal line D that is already packed in the middle. If they tried a rollout or a jump ball to the corner that could either be caught by the WR or incomplete it's understanble but to call that play? Wow!

Reaction Score
I like what Michael Irvin said, if you run it,you can live with your decison, you go down swinging. I would rather be PP right now then Pete Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom