OT- Penny Hardaway Quote On Kyvon Davenport | The Boneyard

OT- Penny Hardaway Quote On Kyvon Davenport

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll blow this thread up.

Sounds like what many on this board have been speculating about a certain senior on UConn's roster.

Reaction Score
...that is f'kn brutal!! Shoot around will be 10 levels of awkward after that. He roasted that kid.

Three worst things you can say about an athlete:
1) Cheater
2) No heart
3) Doesn't give a damn/quitter

At least he is only a quitter.

Reaction Score
There are very talented people who just don't love or fully appreciate their own talent. It happens.

But on a basketball team where only 5 guys can play at a time, you probably want to only give scholarships to guys that really care and love the sport and the process.

Reaction Score
Geez so wrong but someone always has to say it. Kid is who he was and still is with a coach who proved he could change others do why not him? Easy answer is KO lol
Yeah....I cannot discount the fact that for the final season the ball was taken out of his hands which totally changed his game. I cannot pretend that is an easy change.
Apparently it is more convenient to just question someone's attitude.

Reaction Score
Yeah....I cannot discount the fact that for the final season the ball was taken out of his hands which totally changed his game. I cannot pretend that is an easy change.
Apparently it is more convenient to just question someone's attitude.
Do you honestly think Jalen gave it his best in his approach to the game and his effort?

Reaction Score
Jeff Kent was supposedly this way while being an all-star level baseball player.

Reaction Score
Jeff Kent was supposedly this way while being an all-star level baseball player.

Drummond is like this and he often goes for 20 and 20 on any given night. He works hard enough I guess but he's no Kevin Garnett

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll blow this thread up.

Sounds like what many on this board have been speculating about a certain senior on UConn's roster.

And then there's the

Is it...

True?
Helpful?
Inspiring?
Necessary?
Kind?

... thing.

Blow it up indeed.

pj

Reaction Score
Penny did the right thing. You have to be candid with negative feedback. The player, ultimately, wants to make the NBA and to do it he needs to hear the negative feedback. First you deliver it privately one-on-one, then privately with several coaches, but if it doesn't sink in you need to deliver it publicly. Then if that doesn't work you need to ask him to leave the program and go somewhere else. To do this is a kindness to the player, it creates the incentives he needs to improve and gain a better life for himself.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Not every scholarship athlete lives and breathes the sport they play. Not every professional athlete does either. Would I prefer that every player wearing our uniform be dedicated to the sport they play? Absolutely. I know for a fact that in my time at UConn there were talented players who fit the description Penny laid out. Guess what, some are very successful athletes to this day. Some look at the sport as a way out of their situation and a way to get a future high paying job. I know most do not love their job but they do it for a paycheck.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We've all worked with people that dont care or give a 100% effort. It is not put out by the supervisor for all to hear, it is done privately - this should be no different.

They are students getting an education and playing basketball occasionally...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Geez so wrong but someone always has to say it. Kid is who he was and still is with a coach who proved he could change others do why not him? Easy answer is KO lol
Can’t teach an old dog new tricks! KO didn’t spend enough time in the film room either to be fair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom