OT: Paul White to Georgetown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Paul White to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Just can't stop with the sarcasm. While my family and I will remain Uconn fans forever , one of the things I don't miss is ct. people, while the people down here are genuinely friendly, ct is still full of insecure wannabes . NO pro sports, Uconn floundering (unfortunately ), it's a small state full of small minded people that think small. I went to south catholic high and played there, Joe Reilly was the hof coach, Dom Perno was also a coach there, (yes the former Uconn coach), Gary palladino Uhartford coach. I think I have a clue, at least in so far as to offer an occasional opinion on the Boneyard with out being attacked or insulted. Were all Uconn fans, save the hostility for fans of other schools, Uconn isn't well liked or held in high esteem these days at least athletically, and could use all the fans it can get.

Just shut up.

Thanks,
Everyone

Reaction Score
Just shut up.

Thanks,
Everyone
I was going to say,You just proved my point which probably went over your head, being civil (polite) is beyond your grasp, you clueless moron, but it would be a waste of time. See ya .lmao

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I was going to say,You just proved my point which probably went over your head, being civil (polite) is beyond your grasp, you clueless moron, but it would be a waste of time. See ya .lmao

You were going to say it, or did you just say it?

"Being civil (polite) is beyond your grasp, you clueless moron." Hahahaha. Gotta love people without a sense of irony.

Reaction Score
48yrs in ct, 14yrs in fl. I respectfully disagree. Have owned retail electronics stores in both states, it's not even close , Its called southern hospitality. people in ct are probably more educated, but definitely not friendlier.

Lady, I don't know why you're showing up all of a sudden, but you need to dial it back a little.

As far as "southern hospitality," I've always thought that Florida is ideally situated, geographically, down in the southeastern corner, because it seems like the place where all the garbage from the rest of the country drains. Be honest, when you read a headline that says "Man Arrested While Masturbating In a Skin Suit Made Out of His Neighbor" 9 times out of 10 the people involved are from Florida.

Reaction Score
White is going to a school overloaded w/ pf, sf types.It doesn't seem to matter at other schools.RB might be back, DD might be back, Gtown now has 6 (4top 100) sf/pf. I hope you 'r right and it all works out, I'm just not as optimistic. Thanks for the civil response.

There are always exceptions where players will ignore competition due to their own confidence or thinking that they will thrive off of it. Also, Georgetown in one of the best academic schools in the country. Schools like Standford, Duke, and Georgetown are exceptions because kids will sometimes pick them to actually get an education as a first priority over basketball. UConn is very solid academically especially when compared to other big time sports schools, but players almost always pick UConn for basketball first and an education second.

Reaction Score
Just can't stop with the sarcasm. While my family and I will remain Uconn fans forever , one of the things I don't miss is ct. people, while the people down here are genuinely friendly, ct is still full of insecure wannabes . NO pro sports, Uconn floundering (unfortunately ), it's a small state full of small minded people that think small. I went to south catholic high and played there, Joe Reilly was the hof coach, Dom Perno was also a coach there, (yes the former Uconn coach), Gary palladino Uhartford coach. I think I have a clue, at least in so far as to offer an occasional opinion on the Boneyard with out being attacked or insulted. Were all Uconn fans, save the hostility for fans of other schools, Uconn isn't well liked or held in high esteem these days at least athletically, and could use all the fans it can get.

Nobody cares about your first game, your soccer tickets none of your crap. You have NO clue but as long as you think you do congrats..........but seriously you've been annoying thus far!! aceboon has forgotten more than you think you know pal!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Maybe some kids don't want to go to UConn because Ollie hasn't proved anything yet.

Not likely. Some out-of-state HS coaches have whispered its because Connecticut is a small state full of small minded people that think small...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lady, I don't know why you're showing up all of a sudden, but you need to dial it back a little.

As far as "southern hospitality," I've always thought that Florida is ideally situated, geographically, down in the southeastern corner, because it seems like the place where all the garbage from the rest of the country drains. Be honest, when you read a headline that says "Man Arrested While Masturbating In a Skin Suit Made Out of His Neighbor" 9 times out of 10 the people involved are from Florida.
leave it to someone to prove Uconniki's point

Reaction Score
The humor website fark.com posts stories of the weird and ridiculous and labels them by category.

Florida is its own category.

Reaction Score
Couldn't have said it better myself! There are some true fans on this forum who simply want to discuss the state of Uconn basketball, share opinions, ask questions gather info. Reasonable people can agree to disagree with out insults and rudeness. Obviously not everyone here is mature enough to understand that concept. I posted on Uconn recruiting, disappointing in my opinion so far, hopefully it will improve, I would love to be proven wrong. I was immediately called" a big ass baby", by some person named aceboon, and numerous other people have chimed in with their own comments . I said at one point that I think I have a clue enough so that I feel comfortable offering an opinion, just an opinion mind you, and some person who goes by the name mauconnfan so eloquently states you have NO clue and you are annoying. Maybe I am, depends on your perspective I guess on what you consider annoying. But some of you people are down right rude and have some serious issues and in my humble opinion are an embarrassment to anything Uconn related.

Reaction Score
Couldn't have said it better myself! There are some true fans on this forum who simply want to discuss the state of Uconn basketball, share opinions, ask questions gather info. Reasonable people can agree to disagree with out insults and rudeness. Obviously not everyone here is mature enough to understand that concept. I posted on Uconn recruiting, disappointing in my opinion so far, hopefully it will improve, I would love to be proven wrong. I was immediately called" a big ass baby", by some person named aceboon, and numerous other people have chimed in with their own comments . I said at one point that I think I have a clue enough so that I feel comfortable offering an opinion, just an opinion mind you, and some person who goes by the name mauconnfan so eloquently states you have NO clue and you are annoying. Maybe I am, depends on your perspective I guess on what you consider annoying. But some of you people are down right rude and have some serious issues and in my humble opinion are an embarrassment to anything Uconn related.
And with that I'm done , Good night to all.

Reaction Score
There are always exceptions where players will ignore competition due to their own confidence or thinking that they will thrive off of it. Also, Georgetown in one of the best academic schools in the country. Schools like Standford, Duke, and Georgetown are exceptions because kids will sometimes pick them to actually get an education as a first priority over basketball. UConn is very solid academically especially when compared to other big time sports schools, but players almost always pick UConn for basketball first and an education second.

White actually said that playing time his freshman year is his number one priority.

Reaction Score
White actually said that playing time his freshman year is his number one priority.

than he doesn't see the others as serious competition. Some players have a lot of confidence and others don't.

Reaction Score
Be honest, when you read a headline that says "Man Arrested While Masturbating In a Skin Suit Made Out of His Neighbor" 9 times out of 10 the people involved are from Florida.

LMAO!!!!!

And if that person is from Florida, you know they are gonna be acquited.

Reaction Score

Uconniki called myself and others here who live in CT "small minded". He doesn't need anyone to encourage him.

Reaction Score
Top 25 classes are reward for having multiple players. UConn could have landed a bunch of these 3 star kids, mixed in with Hamilton and Purvis, and that would have launched them into the top 25.

I thought we were discussing here the prospect of landing top 50 kids. Because UConn has always grabbed one or two of those and mixed them in with kids outside the top 100, many of them with next to nothing in terms of offers. The top 25 class rank is largely meaningless because many schools don't offer more than one or two scholarships on an off-year. There are only 13 to go around. So a school that suddenly grabs 5 3-stars suddenly looks like it had a good year.

I can't recall off the top of my head, but have we ever landed three 5 - star recruits in one class? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but probably 99%.

Reaction Score
Have to land Robinson, this recruiting period has turned awful.

#AAC

Let's give KO a chance. He is ONLY STARTING HIS SECOND YEAR! He is also not JC, but I think some on here are vastly underrating him as a recruiter.

Also, we have the new practice facility coming along, and a new conference, which for now is hurting us. Hopefully, that will change.

Reaction Score
andrew bynum 6
jeff adrien 41

Just curious, why mention AB, and not RP?

AB was never a Husky. He might as well have committed to us, and before coming to Storrs, decommitted and went elsewhere.

You are devaluing the significance of getting Rodney Purvis to come to UConn one way or another. It doesn't matter. He is now a Husky.

Reaction Score
I can't recall off the top of my head, but have we ever landed three 5 - star recruits in one class? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but probably 99%.

If we did, it was either 1991 with Donyell, Rudy Johnson and KO/Fair - or 2001 with Caron, Taliek and Hazelton.

The star system is relatively new to basketball recruiting vernacular. Tough to know whether Hazelton would have been considered five star as a local McD's guy or a four star based,on his consensus ranking in the 40s.

Reaction Score
If we did, it was either 1991 with Donyell, Rudy Johnson and KO/Fair - or 2001 with Caron, Taliek and Hazelton.

The star system is relatively new to basketball recruiting vernacular. Tough to know whether Hazelton would have been considered five star as a local McD's guy or a four star based,on his consensus ranking in the 40s.

Thanks. My point being that if Robinson is in fact a 5-star, and we land him, then 2014 would be one of our better recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
Addressing some points in this thread:

Brimah was brought in for reinforcements right now. This could be it for Bazz, Giffey, Boat and DD - guys who stuck with us through the probation and coaching change. Brimah may be of limited help, but whatever limited help he can provide - even five fouls against another big - could help win a tournament game. Toraino Walker came out of nowhere once. Okwandu helped us beat Arizona. We knew we had problems inside last year, and there were slim pickings for bigs for the spring signing period, but Brimah was perhaps the best one left on the table. Given our small window with this current nucleus, you bring him in 100 times out of 100. If he doesn't get off the bench for meaningful minutes this year, so be it, but ignoring him to wait for guys you could maybe get another year or two down the road is silly. We know an empty chair won't help Bazz or Giff.

We haven't needed Connecticut kids since we landed Smith/Burrell when we were trying to establish ourselves. Now we just get players. if it's a Connecticut kid fine. if it is a NYC kid who wants to stay close to home but not too close, fine. if someone wants to travel cross country fine. There's no long-term advantage to keeping locals at home - not like theres a lucrative pipeline that you are getting in on. And Chukwu isn't a Connecticut kid anyway.

If Robinson came, we'd possibly have our best recruiting class ever by rankings if Purvis was included. That's how close we are. Robinson may not come, especially if we pull Larrier out of our hats, but we're not far off (we are also UCLA shenanigans away from disaster, but I try not to think about that).

Comparing Facey's eligibility concerns, which stem from a quirk in the rules regarding the start of your five-year clock, to someone who is a high risk academically because of grades, is being intellectually dishonest.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Bad recruiting ,while they were in Fl investing time in Brimah,they should have stayed in Ct and went after a ct kid Chukwu. Bad decisions being made, thats my point, I live in Fl, no one in FL recruited him.

You know more than Ollie and his staff because....Just shake my head at some of these post about the sky falling

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You know more than Ollie and his staff because....Just shake my head at some of these post about the sky falling

Because UConniki is an ESPN Insider, that's why. Get with the program, Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom