OT: Paul White to Georgetown | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Paul White to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for bumping this @upstater - now everyone can bask in my stellar prognostication skills!

Addressing some points in this thread:

Brimah was brought in for reinforcements right now. This could be it for Bazz, Giffey, Boat and DD - guys who stuck with us through the probation and coaching change. Brimah may be of limited help, but whatever limited help he can provide - (yada, yada) - could help win a tournament game. Toraino Walker came out of nowhere once. Okwandu helped us beat Arizona. We knew we had problems inside last year, and there were slim pickings for bigs for the spring signing period, but Brimah was perhaps the best one left on the table. Given our small window with this current nucleus, you bring him in 100 times out of 100. If he doesn't get off the bench for meaningful minutes this year, so be it, but ignoring him to wait for guys you could maybe get another year or two down the road is silly. We know an empty chair won't help Bazz or Giff.

We haven't needed Connecticut kids since we landed Smith/Burrell when we were trying to establish ourselves. Now we just get players. if it's a Connecticut kid fine. if it is a NYC kid who wants to stay close to home but not too close, fine. if someone wants to travel cross country fine. There's no long-term advantage to keeping locals at home - not like theres a lucrative pipeline that you are getting in on. And Chukwu isn't a Connecticut kid anyway.

If Robinson came, we'd possibly have our best recruiting class ever by rankings if Purvis was included. That's how close we are. Robinson may not come, especially if we pull Larrier out of our hats, but we're not far off (we are also UCLA shenanigans away from disaster, but I try not to think about that).

Comparing Facey's eligibility concerns, which stem from a quirk in the rules regarding the start of your five-year clock, to someone who is a high risk academically because of grades, is being intellectually dishonest.

pj

Reaction Score
Thanks for bumping this @upstater - now everyone can bask in my stellar prognostication skills!

"Brimah could help win a tournament game". That is so prescient, I'll give you credit for predicting an and-one at a crucial moment of the most difficult victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom