OT - Pat's play calling . . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Pat's play calling . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brady missed some wide open receivers today that could have made the game closer and the Patriots defense never got close to Manning. Manning will pick apart any defense in perfect conditions if he has all day to throw. Denver is clearly the better team with the players available for the game.

Reaction Score
The Broncos also played without Von Miller and Ryan Clady, no one is bringing that up.

Reaction Score
Peyton Manning was patient and didn't make any mistakes today, and don't undersell Denvers running game, Moreno is avery good rb and Monte Ball isn't too bad. The key for the Broncos D was stopping the Pats running game.

Reaction Score
How is he diverting anything? One poster brought up "cheating" which it was proved it wasn't. Rather it was a camera in the wrong place, the practice of gathering and using the film itself is perfectly legal. He then explained this pretty clearly. After, he brought up that other teams have done far worse to actually gain a competitive advantage, yet it is rarely discussed.

Why can't Pats fans ever say "yup, other teams may have been doing it but we got busted" and let it be. If you said that I'd tip my cap to you and would give you the old NASCAR adage of "if your not cheating, your not trying". You got busted own it and move on. Good Christ you all whine and a lot.

Reaction Score
The first part not really a bold statement. Since NE last won a Super Bowl, only 5 franchises have hoisted the Lombardi...

The second part is interesting. Would I love for them to go out and get a Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson to help this team? Not at the expense of developing the depth that is needed throughout an NFL season. Besides, people used to say that about the defense, but what happened? The have rebuilt on the fly by phasing older players out and bringing in younger ones. They literally did it position by position. They would draft secondary players one year, LB's the next, and so on. Look at it now, even with all of the injuries, a pretty formidable group.

On offense, they started by drafting Solder three years ago, the tight ends, then the running backs. This past year they added three rookie wr's. Is the personnel getting worse or is it getting younger, which will then trend up in the future? I would expect them to add a veteran wr this offseason, depth on the line, and a tight end. This is the second youngest team in the NFL which lost six former pro bowlers to season ending injuries, that had to rebuild its offense after the draft due to the tight end situation, and they were a win away from the Super Bowl.
The Patriots don't have that big time receiver who automatically draws double coverage and is a threat to go deep. That was fine when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez who towered over opponent's D backs and created unique problems for the defense.
Hey they lost in the conference championship game so you would have to say they had a successful season. The running game is better than it has been in years. They just need a few healthy parts.

Reaction Score
The Patriots don't have that big time receiver who automatically draws double coverage and is a threat to go deep. That was fine when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez who towered over opponent's D backs and created unique problems for the defense.
Hey they lost in the conference championship game so you would have to say they had a successful season. The running game is better than it has been in years. They just need a few healthy parts.

Broncos were without one of the best OT in the NFL, one of if not the best LB in the NFL, and 2 starting DBS. The Pats will always have a shot but its another year wasted of Brady's prime.

Reaction Score
It's funny how the Pats fans and media were talking about how great they were running the ball blah blah blah and now they get beat and they had no running backs or receivers………if the Bronco's didn't wander in to the dreaded "prevent defense" they would have had 3 points.

The Pats did a phenomenal job with what they were given for the year. Give lots of kudos' to each Brady and of course Bellichek. It's football, it happens by years end most of the time, you have to be real lucky to not sustain impact injuries to your roster in football. The Bronco's have a couple studs out too……2 great QB's in maybe their last post season meeting. Was fun to watch but the better team/QB won and who knows, if you don't draft players who murder people, maybe there was a chance!

Reaction Score
The divert attention from the topic at hand defense. That is funny. This is the epitome of the patriots fans, which is why a vast majority of the rest of the fan bases around the country rightfully think patriots fans are tools. They've surpassed Jets fans as the biggest douches out there.

The topic at hand was addressed. What did I divert? Patriots fans are tools. It comes with the territory of winning. Yankee fans are tools, Cowboy fans are tools, Laker and Celtics fans are tools. Can't think of any fans of winning orgs that aren't tools.

Reaction Score
Why can't Pats fans ever say "yup, other teams may have been doing it but we got busted" and let it be. If you said that I'd tip my cap to you and would give you the old NASCAR adage of "if your not cheating, your not trying". You got busted own it and move on. Good Christ you all whine and a lot.

It's because people take away credit for the games they won in which they were not using defensive signals. So many people make ridiculous assumptions about Spygate. Don't be surprised when a Patriots fan points out the illogic. Read the Cowher link I posted above. Scroll down to Hines Ward's quotes and then realize how stupid some people are about Spygate. The vast majority of fans and players don't even know what Spygate is. That's why I asked a few general questions to the previous poster to test his knowledge of Spygate. It became readily apparent that he didn't even know what he was talking about.

Reaction Score
If anyone believes that every other team other than the Patriots are squeaky clean, they need to climb out of the hole they're in.

People aren't even bringing up, for example, how the Saints put in a microphone to listen to the visiting coaching staffs. There's a lot of unethical stuff going on there right now and we don't even know. I'm sure other things will be uncovered if someone decides to blow the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom