OT: Off season? Nope Food season!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Off season? Nope Food season!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This'll fix it. This'll fix anything.
Ketchup from when ketchup was catsup, not this processed stuff they sell today.
Ad is from the 9/14/1912 Saturday Evening Post.
sniders catsup ad saturday evening post 9-14-1912.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll say this. I've never had anything worth eating that was made in a crock pot. And if you're going to tell me how your wife makes great ribs in one, I'm gonna drive to your house and punch you in the face.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll say this. I've never had anything worth eating that was made in a crock pot. And if you're going to tell me how your wife makes great ribs in one, I'm gonna drive to your house and punch you in the face.
What if they're country ribs?

::covers throat::

Reaction Score
Even pot roast? I've had it made in a pressure cooker and in a crock pot and I'll take the crock pot every time.

Reaction Score
Even pot roast? I've had it made in a pressure cooker and in a crock pot and I'll take the crock pot every time.

Pot roast? Do I even need to comment any further?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Bigos. But you do need to brown the meats first.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

There was nothing wrong with this roast pork.

If you had it without knowing what it was done in you would have thought it was righteous.

That being said it's not my normal or preferred way of doing it . But it definitely passed the " worth eating" test

Reaction Score
There was nothing wrong with this roast pork.

If you had it without knowing what it was done in you would have thought it was righteous.

That being said it's not my normal or preferred way of doing it . But it definitely passed the " worth eating" test

Here's what I'll say and why I'm a genius. Your deli slicer covers a lot of warts, amigo. All the other Shot you did is covered over by shaved thin slices. Griddle frying the rabe. Crock pot the roast. You make that meat paper thin in the Au jus and that other nonsense fades into Bolivian.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Here's what I'll say and why I'm a genius. Your deli slicer covers a lot of warts, amigo. All the other Shot you did is covered over by shaved thin slices. Griddle frying the rabe. Crock pot the roast. You make that meat paper thin in the Au jus and that other nonsense fades into Bolivian.

Thank you for recognizing why I rule.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You never had my crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala. Won 1st prize at the office multi-cultural luncheon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here's what I'll say and why I'm a genius. Your deli slicer covers a lot of warts, amigo.

Nailed it. The look of the meat trumps all else. I knew a guy that bought his own big-time slicer. I asked him why and he said he like shaved steak sandwiches.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But what about chicken breasts these days? Seems like every other batch has a nasty texture. Like thick, juicy cardboard. I've even seen it a few (cheap) restaurants. It's forcing me to go upscale.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom