OT: Odd statistics about your life. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Odd statistics about your life.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've been on a fan forum board for 12+ years, visit it regularly, but have never started a thread there.

Edit: come to think of it I don't think I've started a thread on the boneyard since the early aughts...
I've been given credit for starting a thread, but I didn't start it. It was assigned to me in the OT Archive.

Also. I've had corn meal and I've had a hot dog. To my knowledge I've never had a corn dog.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I have a really high Post to Like ratio. One of the best on the whole Boneyard.
We can make those all go away with one mouse click - ask Adub.

Not sure if you want to hang your hat on this?!?!?

:)

Reaction Score
I had an epidural once.

Women who complain about childbirth are just looking for attention. You have gone full Kathy Bates Misery mode on my lower half and I wouldn’t have felt a thing.
Good luck ever sharing this with a woman...
so some women CAN’T have them. I don’t understand the ones who won’t. Like what is wrong with you?
I agree - you can’t feel anything with an epidural. I never had a contraction so I have no idea what it really feels like.
But you guys freak out over kidney stones. How about you pass those without any pain relief?

Reaction Score
In 2001, on my 20th wedding anniversary, went to MIDNITE MADNESS with my UCONN friends. My wife stayed home. I Got drunk, and was interviewed by CT NBC TV outside Gampel. My response to the question, “why aren’t you at home spending your 20th anniversary with your wife?” Was “because this is where all the action is” was actually aired on the 11 o’clock news that nite

Now here is the interesting statistic.... I am still married to my first wife.
Sounds about right for 20 years of marriage...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
so some women CAN’T have them. I don’t understand the ones who won’t. Like what is wrong with you?
I agree - you can’t feel anything with an epidural. I never had a contraction so I have no idea what it really feels like.
But you guys freak out over kidney stones. How about you pass those without any pain relief?

As I understand it, an epidural only kills pain DURING childbirth. Being ripped open kind of hurts after the fact.

As for kidney stones - Been there. Done that. SEVERAL TIMES. Once they pass, I feel nothing but relief. I can't even imagine what a mother feels after childbirth, never mind the next 20 years having to raise the little bastard.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, an epidural only kills pain DURING childbirth. Being ripped open kind of hurts after the fact.

As for kidney stones - Been there. Done that. SEVERAL TIMES. Once they pass, I feel nothing but relief. I can't even imagine what a mother feels after childbirth, never mind the next 20 years having to raise the little bastard.
I had an emergency C-section. I personally think there is no reason to do it any other way. Because I had no contractions - she was at risk because the placenta aged faster than the pregnancy and on the fetal monitor, her heart rate decelerated. So they said “we’re doing this now.” I walked into the operating room and the whole thing was very calm. I’d had my appendix and gall bladder out so the recovery was no big deal - but I wasn’t exhausted from labor.
I have no idea how people go through that. But my daughter just turned 14. She’s still pretty easy and well, if she works hard in HS maybe she’ll go to UConn. I’d have her all over again.
I wouldn’t want kidney stones. But I wouldn’t want natural childbirth either.

Reaction Score
Your parents never gave you milk as a child? I call shenanigans.
My granddaughter is allergic to dairy. She’s only 2, so hoping she’ll grow out it it. Also allergic to eggs and several types of nuts. Poor kid.

Reaction Score

Oh, I have shared this view. I usually get two responses.

a) The response that vehemently disagrees. The Drama Mama. Her childbirth was the worst in the history of childbirth.

b) The reasonable mom. She admits the epidural was a godsend and she felt "pressure" but no "pain".

That being said, I realize there's pain and recovery after the birth. I also had a recovery that wasn't nearly as traumatic. I'm referring only here to the "pain of childbirth" when an epidural is in play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom