OT: Odd statistics about your life. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Odd statistics about your life.

Reaction Score
This was the most over the top part of the thread all the way through - and then was topped with the phrase "the time they accidentally anesthetized my brain."

That is bizarre. My son had emergency appendectomy surgery. His appendix was so large they had to make a large incision. I tease him about having a caesarean.

Your experience makes me wonder about any kind of surgery. Although I have had more than 4 I have had very competent Drs. Where in heavens name did you have your surgery? I would also comment on puss being wiped away by the nurses....
instead of pus and why are you complaining?

Reaction Score
june 20 2015. while running my HEART STOPPED. WAS NOT BREATHING !for four minutes two complete strangers using their know how, of CPR, kept air going through my lungs to my crucial organs. Then Orange ct police arrived with an AED. Restarted my heart, before ambulance arrived. I now have a pace maker/defribillator in my chest. Suffered NO ill effects or lose of mind and body function. That is a true story, and tops all other threads!

It truly did until read the one where the guy had his brain anesthesized.

Reaction Score
I got stuck in the ladies room stall, after a game,at the Rent
when the door jammed and I couldn’t get out. I yelled and yelled until the cleaning lady came in about 10 minutes later, it seemed longer. She got a maintenance man to try to open it, no luck. He finally kicked it in. Friends wonder what the heck I was doing in there so long.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I once participated in a thread on the Boneyard where 62.5% of the posters apparently didn't understand the meaning of the word "statistics."
47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve played picked up an NBA champion.

Me too. But before he was a champion. We were still in college.

Dude talked mad smack too. Until he was challenged to go inside amongst the trees. Then he lost.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Number of times I’ve torn my meniscus: 4

Including two at once playing baseball in college

Reaction Score
I drove in the back of a cop car once after the cops thought my friend and I were lost trying to get to a sandwich shop and 3 different people called the cops on us saying we were "junkies" who were trying to rob houses. The cops were pretty frightening--gun drawn, etc.--but afterwards tried to help us jump a fence, and then drove us to a closer location. They let us out in the parking lot of a church as CCD was getting out, though, and children fled us.
Did you help write the script to Superbad???

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Me too. But before he was a champion. We were still in college.

Dude talked mad smack too. Until he was challenged to go inside amongst the trees. Then he lost.

I played with them after they won... it wasn’t fun.

Reaction Score
I was on the court after the 2014 Elite 8 game.
I have never gotten drunk.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Number of times Fishy has met me - 7

Number of hermit warblers I have seen - 1

Number of babies I have sired - 0

Number of dogs I have owned - 3

Number of times I have made Cajun chicken pasta - 33

Number of times I have logged onto the Boneyard - 49,504

Reaction Score
I was among those that stormed the court when UConn beat Arizona at home. That was my freshman year.

I never did finish that degree, whoops.

I once had a chili cheese dog at Rentschler Field. I was violently ill for 4 days after. Worst I've ever felt.

My first UConn game I ever went to was one my buddy @Robertelamin took me to. I won some pair of sunglasses as a giveaway when they called my seat as the winner. I did not give him the sunglasses as a thank you.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Times shot at in Bridgeport 1

In reality, really drunk guy and was aiming for a street light, bad aim. We happened to be walking by the panama inn at the time.
whoa, panama inn. joe falco. rock on.

Reaction Score
Yeah. So long! You must have have been out climbing El Cap.
Who said one has to be hiking every day? I couldn't even care if I was banned from here. Get over yourself.

Does not caring if I was banned from here add up to be an odd statistic? :p

Reaction Score
I was on non-academic probation at college before I was a freshman taking classes.

Got busted for underage drinking during freshmen orientation.
Ha, my freshman year they opened the NW dorms. Very first night there for orientation two kids down the hall got busted smoking pot. Immediately kicked out because of the zero tolerance rule in that new dorm. You would think that episode would've acted as some kind of deterrent...

Reaction Score
I been able to go practically everywhere
I took life’s blows without any dread or fear.
In this long life I’ve done most everything
But despite my love for music I ‘m still not able to Sing.
I know substantial vocabulary in the multiple language art
But despite all my study in all but English , a conversation I could not start.
I been a coach, a cub master, a husband ,a father and I can’t remember the rest
But I know for sure grandpa is the title I love the best.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who said one has to be hiking every day? I couldn't even care if I was banned from here. Get over yourself.

Does not caring if I was banned from here add up to be an odd statistic? :p

I don't often prescribe mood enhancers, mostly because I'm not a doctor and I also lack empathy, but I think you need them.

It's a message board - why are you so chronically miserable here?

Reaction Score
Born on the 13th and left handed...so is my wife...we actually share the same exact birthday! The night we met I was super drunk and I kept asking her "wait, when is your birthday?" I was surprised she answer the phone when I called her two days later. Life is a trip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom