OT: Notre Dame/ Clemson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame/ Clemson

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the schools out West as they never seem to have the defensive players that you find throughout the South. Michigan could be, but they seem to be at an athletic disadvantage as well. Florida has been very up and down depending on who coaches them and LSU feels like an underachiever to me. I think those schools are close to the second group though.
Michigan sucks even harder than ND. The only team from the North who can hang athlete to athlete with Bama and Clemson is Ohio State but they haven't always brought it the past 2 years.

I shudder at the thought of what it would look like if UConn played one of these teams.

Reaction Score
This was simple ND deserved to be there and played like crap. The young QB is a very nice player but he crapped his pants unfortunately. They'll be pretty damn good again next year with him at the helm but who knows if Kelly can ever coach well enough to get another season like that, not big on him he's only ok.

For the haters I get it. I grew up with a dad who loved ND so we watched Lindsay Nelson doing the games on channel 9 on Sundays so I am a fan also but not like I am UConn mens hoops so I hate much of what ND does too. But to think they didn't deserve the 3 spot is all hate, they did. His inability to win like really good coaches though with 4 weeks to get them ready is beyond frustrating.

They have the game we all deserve to watch anyway so at this point that's all that matters.

Reaction Score
This was simple ND deserved to be there and played like crap. The young QB is a very nice player but he crapped his pants unfortunately. They'll be pretty damn good again next year with him at the helm but who knows if Kelly can ever coach well enough to get another season like that, not big on him he's only ok.

For the haters I get it. I grew up with a dad who loved ND so we watched Lindsay Nelson doing the games on channel 9 on Sundays so I am a fan also but not like I am UConn mens hoops so I hate much of what ND does too. But to think they didn't deserve the 3 spot is all hate, they did. His inability to win like really good coaches though with 4 weeks to get them ready is beyond frustrating.

They have the game we all deserve to watch anyway so at this point that's all that matters.
I grew up wanting to play football at ND. Favorite from as early as I could remember. Then they joined the BigEast, and I could still root for a fellow conference member. Then we went to their level, and I had a new favorite. Beating them, on their field, is one of my favorite moments ever. Then they defected to the ACC, and ruined the BE. I will never forgive or forget.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the schools out West as they never seem to have the defensive players that you find throughout the South. Michigan could be, but they seem to be at an athletic disadvantage as well. Florida has been very up and down depending on who coaches them and LSU feels like an underachiever to me. I think those schools are close to the second group though.
As far as western schools go I'd put both Oregon and USC in that group, both get top recruiting classes every year. Granted, recruiting isn't the whole ball game but it's a lot of it.

2019 Football Team Rankings

2018 Football Team Rankings

Reaction Score
Notre Dame needs to be forced to become a full time member of a conference (ACC?) Or made ineligible to compete for a spot in the FBS playoffs. It is ridiculous that they are allowed to be treated differently than virtually eveyone else (the 64 other schools) in the P5 conferences. They are a monopoly within a cartel, go figure. Time for folks to understand Knute Rockne is gone.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m a firm believer in Notre Dame “conspiracies”. ND has alumni holding powerful positions all over the country that pull strings for them. Alumni that have a religious like attachment to the school that their families have attended for generations.

Reaction Score

Well, that is just reason number one for forcing ND into a conference. The Big East might exist today had Notre Dame been a member. So they screwed UConn twice, probably because they haven't been able to beat the Huskies.

Reaction Score

Only reason LSU underachieves is because they are in the SEC with Alabama, georgia, Florida, Auburn, texas a&m, etc

Tough to run the table or avoid 2 losses in that league. They do seem to come up short a lot but with a larger payoff (like 1-AA) that might change the whole landscape

Reaction Score
I’m a firm believer in Notre Dame “conspiracies”. ND has alumni holding powerful positions all over the country that pull strings for them. Alumni that have a religious like attachment to the school that their families have attended for generations.
So do Yale and Harvard. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Well, that is just reason number one for forcing ND into a conference. The Big East might exist today had Notre Dame been a member. So they screwed UConn twice, probably because they haven't been able to beat the Huskies.

I don’t know what your point is but I rolled my eyes at the delusion that UConn is the ACCs first call. Or second. Or really any conference’s.

UConn needs mass chaos in the P5 for any chance.

Reaction Score
But they don't give two sh1ts about their football team. Nor is there the religious thing
I get it. I get the vitriol. If the Cowboys and Yankees never won again I'd be fine. I am just Switzerland on ND for some reason.

Cuse on the other hand..........

Reaction Score
Notre Dame needs to be forced to become a full time member of a conference (ACC?) Or made ineligible to compete for a spot in the FBS playoffs. It is ridiculous that they are allowed to be treated differently than virtually eveyone else (the 64 other schools) in the P5 conferences. They are a monopoly within a cartel, go figure. Time for folks to understand Knute Rockne is gone.

I take it you're not familiar with game theory.

ND is not stupid and they are very good at playing all sides against each other.

If ND goes to a conference, that league immediately becomes one of the strongest from an attention/tv/revenue perspective. Why exactly would any conference want to make their opponent conferences stronger by having them add ND?

And you can be sure if the others think about forcing ND to join, the Irish immediately start negotiating with all of them and suddenly the ACC schools are less likely to want ND to join a conference.

They will negotiate with the B12, and suddenly the PAC will become worried that the B12 could actually be strong enough to raid them.

Not to mention that ND will tell USC "if we join the ACC or B10, we wont have to room to play you anymore," so the Trojans also vote against it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I get it. I get the vitriol. If the Cowboys and Yankees never won again I'd be fine. I am just Switzerland on ND for some reason.

Cuse on the other hand.....

I don't care much about them either way quite frankly.

Cuse can die in a tire fire

Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1546320584356.jpg

Reaction Score
I don’t know what your point is but I rolled my eyes at the delusion that UConn is the ACCs first call. Or second. Or really any conference’s.

Thank you dw for your interest in UCONN football.

Reaction Score

Thanks bowelguy

Reaction Score

ND is not stupid and they are very good at playing all sides against each other.

If ND goes to a conference, that league immediately becomes one of the strongest from an attention/tv/revenue perspective. Why exactly would any conference want to make their opponent conferences stronger by having them add ND?

And you can be sure if the others think about forcing ND to join, the Irish immediately start negotiating with all of them and suddenly the ACC schools are less likely to want ND to join a conference.

They will negotiate with the B12, and suddenly the PAC will become worried that the B12 could actually be strong enough to raid them.

Not to mention that ND will tell USC "if we join the ACC or B10, we wont have to room to play you anymore," so the Trojans also vote against it.
Gobbledygook

Reaction Score

The only game theory ND should have to face is finding opponents for games due to a boycott of the Irish til they join a conference like the 64 other P5 members. Simple really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom