OT: Notre Dame/ Clemson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame/ Clemson

Reaction Score
It was to be expected. there are only a few teams that can really win this thing every year. Alabama and Clemson for sure, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma can play for it, after that...who knows.
I'd put LSU and Oregon in that group and maybe Florida, Michigan, and Washington. All of them recruit almost as good as the big boys in the SEC.

Reaction Score
They were severely out coached once again Kelly is awful. Their offense is plenty good to have thrown points up he's just horrible vs other good coaches. All that time, all the offensive talent and he comes up empty once again.

Reaction Score
I'd put LSU and Oregon in that group and maybe Florida, Michigan, and Washington. All of them recruit almost as good as the big boys in the SEC.

Well 2 of the schools you mentioned are big boys in the SEC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Remember all the grief we took for losing to OU by 28? ND has lost their last 6 BCS/CFP bowl games by an average of 24 points. Will it affect the perception of their program, not at all.

OU also didn't do anything last night to suggest they were the correct pick over OSU. Once you are down by 28 after 15 minutes, it doesn't really matter what happens after that.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame fans blame their loss on lack of 5 star players. Freaking hilarious.

Reaction Score
Remember all the grief we took for losing to OU by 28? ND has lost their last 6 BCS/CFP bowl games by an average of 24 points. Will it affect the perception of their program, not at all.

OU also didn't do anything last night to suggest they were the correct pick over OSU. Once you are down by 28 after 15 minutes, it doesn't really matter what happens after that.
OSU lost by 30 to Purdue, they are right where they should be.

Reaction Score

Something has to give. They can’t keep on getting the benefit of the doubt. They were demolished.

Reaction Score
Is there a system where teams are ranked according to a system such as the one used for the ncaa basketball tourney or is the "committee" based on politics alone? It certainly seems like there were much better teams out there even from the same conference like Georgia, Auburn, OSU that could have competed in that semifinal. It is clear that it will be tough for anyone to challenge Alabama though.

Reaction Score
Is there a system where teams are ranked according to a system such as the one used for the ncaa basketball tourney or is the "committee" based on politics alone? It certainly seems like there were much better teams out there even from the same conference like Georgia, Auburn, OSU that could have competed in that semifinal. It is clear that it will be tough for anyone to challenge Alabama though.

Expand the playoffs? I think we got the right title game at least but those games yesterday were a joke.

Reaction Score
It's very simple. Notre Dame are frauds. They continue to get the respect of subjective rankings and committees because of their name and history, but they've proven over and over again that they are badly outclassed on the biggest stage.

Reaction Score
It's very simple. Notre Dame are frauds. They continue to get the respect of subjective rankings and committees because of their name and history, but they've proven over and over again that they are badly outclassed on the biggest stage.

FBS teams should all refuse to play ND (after current contracts run out) UNTIL they join a conference full time in football. And, that should apply to all sports. They should not get to park their programs in the ACC for all other sports and be allowed to play a limited conference schedule. ND is still living off Rockne.Get relevant.

Reaction Score
I think Clemson is the slightly better team if Dexter Lawrence is playing, and since Trevor Lawrence has taken over at QB earlier in the season they seem much better on offense as well.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Résumé S&P+, a better CFB strength of schedule ranking Very interesting article on where ND stood at the end of the regular season. I live in Chicago which is Domer central but I'm actually ambivalent towards them. I think ND football suffers from two problems. One fixable the other not so much. First, they should join the ACC as a full time football member. They might compete for the conference championship yearly which is a much easier road to the final four. The only way they make the final four as a quasi independent is to go undefeated and after this years shellacking going undefeated might not get them in next time. The other problem is to be a truly great program you must be able to admit all of the top players coming out of high school. Notre Dame won't do it and therefore they self penalize. People like to talk about ND getting all the breaks but their admissions policy is the biggest hindrance to being an elite program.

Reaction Score
Résumé S&P+, a better CFB strength of schedule ranking Very interesting article on where ND stood at the end of the regular season. I live in Chicago which is Domer central but I'm actually ambivalent towards them. I think ND football suffers from two problems. One fixable the other not so much. First, they should join the ACC as a full time football member. They might compete for the conference championship yearly which is a much easier road to the final four. The only way they make the final four as a quasi independent is to go undefeated and after this years shellacking going undefeated might not get them in next time. The other problem is to be a truly great program you must be able to admit all of the top players coming out of high school. Notre Dame won't do it and therefore they self penalize. People like to talk about ND getting all the breaks but their admissions policy is the biggest hindrance to being an elite program.
I tried but i couldn't finish it. Haven't taken a stats class since 1982
The most important take away is that UConn was the number one worst team of them all. Go small or go home.

Reaction Score
UConn is probably more strict on admissions. Stanford definitely is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course they is a debate. ND proves it doesn't belong year after year after year. They are stealing money.

That’s just nonsense. Their usually tough schedule turned out to be easy this year as several teams like USC had bad seasons. If they go undefeated against a similar schedule when those teams are good, they will get in and deserve to get in.

The simple reality is that there are precisely zero college football programs that play any challenging schedule out of conference. So evaluating them is an exercise in futility. All you can do is go to a six team playoff where every conference champion plus one other gets in.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure about the schools out West as they never seem to have the defensive players that you find throughout the South. Michigan could be, but they seem to be at an athletic disadvantage as well. Florida has been very up and down depending on who coaches them and LSU feels like an underachiever to me. I think those schools are close to the second group though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom