OT: NFL Postseason | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why does this matter? Last I checked we don't live in Spain or Brazil.

It doesn't matter but if you had read the OP you would have seen he said "The NFL is the number 1 support in the world" which is incorrect.

Reaction Score
Probably not but at the same time why not? This isn't the best the AFC has marched out there where any particular game is a definitive favorite. I mean the Bronco's have the home field advantage and they don't even know who's playing QB today as ewe speak. Will be very interesting to see who sneaks out of this conference. Only the Texans seem to be ready for a quick exit for sure and who knows, they get a home game after all.

Wrong way to look at the AFC IMO. If the Pats are healthy, they win the conference. If not, then probably Pitt.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter but if you had read the OP you would have seen he said "The NFL is the number 1 support in the world" which is incorrect.

I did read it, but like you just said, it doesn't matter.

That was my kinda my point. I'm not on the Chiefs side here. Andy Reid inspires zero confidence in a successful result. Same with Smith.

I threw out the 10 game thing as a caveat, because it IS something that shouldn't be dismissed outright.

10 game win streak with a pathetic schedule*. That's like not dismissing Villanova in March because they're 26-4, even though they're not really that good :)

I wouldn't even say there's much difference in the way KC and Houston are built and what both teams do well/where they have or don't have talent.

Reaction Score
I more concerned with you up I guess, you're very spent, tired for the long pre-season and may not make it through the playoffs. Hope you're ok.

NFL is my Sunday fix. Love to watch it. Fans of teams that don't compete consistently wouldn't understand

Reaction Score
Hopefully after the 17th you guys have a few bi-months to rest. You guys seem in dire need of time to get mentally back on your feet ;)

Come'on. The 2012-13 APR ban was horrid. It gets a little taxing as a fan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
as opposed to being strictly gay every other week?

......sorry, couldnt let that pass. That was T-ball level.

I was think strictly straight (it's alliterative to boot). The bi week allows me to dabble.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hopefully after the 17th you guys have a few bi-months to rest. You guys seem in dire need of time to get mentally back on your feet ;)

Ha, there is no such thing as the playoffs if the Pats lose. :D

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I actually like the Chiefs too. They don't turn the ball over, they have a good running game, and a great defense. Alex Smith is not a great QB but with that defense he doesn't have to be. I think they get to the Super Bowl.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I actually like the Chiefs too. They don't turn the ball over, they have a good running game, and a great defense. Alex Smith is not a great QB but with that defense he doesn't have to be. I think they get to the Super Bowl.

Thing is, in today's NFL, it's really really tough to get to the Super Bowl with a game manager. That's more of a relic of the past; I don't see the Dilfer thing cutting it anymore. You need great quarterback play, even if a guy only shines in the playoffs (Flacco). In today's NFL, the way the rules are structured, quarterback play is by far the most important component of a team, defense closely following.

People said Russell Wilson was merely a game manager, but they were wrong, he was better than they thought. Not to mention they had Marshawn Lynch, and a defense the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 85 Bears. The Chiefs defense isn't close to that. You need a guy who can do things like come from two touchdowns down in the 4th on a great defense (like Brady). I don't see Alex Smith playing in a Super Bowl.

jmo of course.

Reaction Score
Thing is, in today's NFL, it's really really tough to get to the Super Bowl with a game manager. That's more of a relic of the past; I don't see the Dilfer thing cutting it anymore. You need great quarterback play, even if a guy only shines in the playoffs (Flacco). In today's NFL, the way the rules are structured, quarterback play is by far the most important component of a team, defense closely following.

People said Russell Wilson was merely a game manager, but they were wrong, he was better than they thought. Not to mention they had Marshawn Lynch, and a defense the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 85 Bears. The Chiefs defense isn't close to that. You need a guy who can do things like come from two touchdowns down in the 4th on a great defense (like Brady). I don't see Alex Smith playing in a Super Bowl.

jmo of course.

Even going beyond Alex Smith, their offensive gameplan just isn't something that will work in the playoffs. That game vs the Texans will be an ugly rock fight, and I have zero worry about the Chiefs coming into Gillette and beating the Pats.

Reaction Score
No love for my panthers? And yes I've been a fan since their innagural season in 95.
They are the elephant in the room so to speak. Not sure what to expect, and its one and done time. I think they have just as good a shot as any, but the NFC looks real tough, and Seattle has stormed back into contention.

Cam should get MVP and if he continues to play MVP ball you should go far. But damn some other QBs are playing lights out also. If Brady comes back 90+% Pats are the team to beat, but if they play the Seahawks there is no favorite (for obvious reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom