OT: NFL Postseason | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm more concerned about practice time and Brady getting in synch with him. Brady's high ankle sprain is going to keep him out of practice.

Somewhat mitigating that is the fact that these guys are so on the same page, that I think they'll be right back in it. That said, I'm worried about Brady's ankle. That really hurt him (and one of the least talked about factors) in the 2007 Super Bowl. He was in a walking boot in the lead up to that game. Affects mechanics and movement in the pocket.

I'm most worried about the O line. Even fully healthy (minus Solder), it is not great. Good enough? Probably. But not great. Vollmer's health is of paramount concern.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Denver's D is thin at safety right now. It lacked depth to start and injuries have made it worse. Keep an eye on that Darian Stewart hamstring injury. If he's not healthy, street FA's will see big time.

If the Pats and Broncos play, assuming Pats health, all Brady needs is one weak link on D and he'll exploit it all day.

Reaction Score
Somewhat mitigating that is the fact that these guys are so on the same page, that I think they'll be right back in it. That said, I'm worried about Brady's ankle. That really hurt him (and one of the least talked about factors) in the 2007 Super Bowl. He was in a walking boot in the lead up to that game. Affects mechanics and movement in the pocket.

I'm most worried about the O line. Even fully healthy (minus Solder), it is not great. Good enough? Probably. But not great. Vollmer's health is of paramount concern.

Also remember Brady suffered the injury early against San Diego in the AFCCG. I was there. As Brady announced to the crowd after the game, "I sucked."

Reaction Score
If the Pats and Broncos play, assuming Pats health, all Brady needs is one weak link on D and he'll exploit it all day.

Denver plays the Patriots all wrong. They have the D to crush the Patriots, but blitzing Brady is usually just dumb if Vollmer and Edelman are back. The Patriot will exploit you if you try that. I'm much more scared of sound Ds with good CBs, and Denver has the horses to keep the Patriots in front of them. They don't even need to be aggressive, but that is Denver's mentality. They won't change, they won't gameplan for the Patriots.

Reaction Score

If Belicheck was going to roll that stripped down gameplan against the Dolphins that basically didn't even bother utilizing Gronk, Amendola, and even Martin in the passing game, then it made no sense at all to play Brady in the finale. Hopefully the 2 weeks is enough to recover because he didn't look good leaving the podium after the postgame presser.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Denver plays the Patriots all wrong. They have the D to crush the Patriots, but blitzing Brady is usually just dumb if Vollmer and Edelman are back. The Patriot will exploit you if you try that. I'm much more scared of sound Ds with good CBs, and Denver has the horses to keep the Patriots in front of them. They don't even need to be aggressive, but that is Denver's mentality. They won't change, they won't gameplan for the Patriots.

That's true. Two things there though. The Broncos D thrives on pass rushers pinning their ears back and getting to the quarterback, while the D backs cover for enough time. Brady's quick (and accurate) release, coupled with small quick receivers who get open quickly, mitigates damn near any pass rush.

Another problem w Denver's D is they do not have a linebacker who can (somewhat) cover Gronk. They have to waste a lot of resources to keep him in check.

Reaction Score
No love for my panthers? And yes I've been a fan since their innagural season in 95.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Belicheck was going to roll that stripped down gameplan against the Dolphins that basically didn't even bother utilizing Gronk, Edelman, and even Martin in the passing game, then it made no sense at all to play Brady in the finale. Hopefully the 2 weeks is enough to recover because he didn't look good leaving the podium after the postgame presser.

Yeah, that gameplan is going in the trash. I have no idea what was up with that, other than they were missing their top two receivers, injuries across the O line, and integrating a new running back who hasn't played all year into the fold. play Garoppolo in that case.

And you are spot on, he looked like sh_t at the presser. Brady would be trying to mask that all he could (to not tip his hand), and he could barely stand. Need to get some of those Manning pills. I kid, I kid.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No love for my panthers? And yes I've been a fan since their innagural season in 95.

You must be happy as a clam this year, after the previous years. They've as good a chance as any. One big knock on them is that they just don't have many weapons on offense outside of Olsen. Cam makes up for much of this, but in the playoffs, points are much harder to come by, as these defenses are all good, and there's been a full year of tape to scheme against these guys.

There's going to be some terrific football played in the NFC playoffs. The football fan in me is hoping for a Panthers/Seattle matchup. The Patriots fan in me is hoping for a Washington/Minnesota championship game. Unless the Pats don't make it to the Superbowl. If not, then go anyone but Seattle/Green Bay/Broncos/Steelers.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that gameplan is going in the trash. I have no ing idea what was up with that, other than they were missing their top two receivers, injuries across the O line, and integrating a new running back who hasn't played all year into the fold.

And you are spot on, he looked like sh_t at the presser. Brady would be trying to mask that all he could (to not tip his hand), and he could barely stand. Need to get some of those Manning pills. I kid, I kid.

Looks like they were trying to protect Brady/Amendola(I got him and Edelman mixed up in my previous post)/Gronk/Martin from injury, they basically did very little in going to Gronk down the middle to protect his legs and had him more involved in blocking. If they were going to go to those measures then I would rather have had TB off the field entirely.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Looks like they were trying to protect Brady/Amendola(I got him and Edelman mixed up in my previous post)/Gronk/Martin from injury, they basically did very little in going to Gronk down the middle to protect his legs and had him more involved in blocking. If they were going to go to those measures then I would rather have had TB off the field entirely.

Absolutely. I amended my previous post to say: ' play Garoppolo in that case.'

intlzncster

Reaction Score
:: enters thread to troll self:
" lol Jets"
:: leaves thread dejected but feeling like it was another normal jets season::
Enjoy the playoffs

Can't believe (yes I can) how their season ended. Great win against Pats, and then folding against Rex and the Bills. Fitzmagic ran dry at the last moment. So Jets it hurts. I really can't pick on Jets fan anymore, stopped a few years ago.

Do you watch the playoffs outside of when Jets make it? It's going to be a good year I think. Though, if the Patriots lose before the SuperBowl, it will be one of the worst ever, and everybody should just stop watching. :D

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Can't believe (yes I can) how their season ended. Great win against Pats, and then folding against Rex and the Bills. Fitzmagic ran dry at the last moment. So Jets it hurts. I really can't pick on Jets fan anymore, stopped a few years ago.

Do you watch the playoffs outside of when Jets make it? It's going to be a good year I think. Though, if the Patriots lose before the SuperBowl, it will be one of the worst ever, and everybody should just stop watching. :D

I pay very casual attention to the playoffs. The result against the Bills was so eminently predictable that I did not even watch that game. There simply was no way in the universe that the jets would win, and even further away from Pittsburgh losing. It was a textbook Jets ending.

Reaction Score

I remember back to when the Patriots were 6-0 this season and it felt like it was the 12th or 13th week. The offseason for Patriots fans was just grueling with the Deflategate stuff. I actually followed the ups and downs, but by the time I got to the end of the 6th week, I felt like the playoffs must be around the corner. I was just spent as a fan. At this point, I think I'm over it all. And I bet Brady is too. I don't think he's carrying all that baggage anymore, though it might start again in February.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember back to when the Patriots were 6-0 this season and it felt like it was the 12th or 13th week. The offseason for Patriots fans was just grueling with the Deflategate stuff. I actually followed the ups and downs, but by the time I got to the end of the 3rd week, I felt like the playoffs must be around the corner. I was just spent as a fan. At this point, I think I'm over it all. And I bet Brady is too. I don't think he's carrying all that baggage anymore, though it might start again in February.

Ok I must say this with the complete and uttermost respect upstater - REALLY? :eek: Not sure what's worst you being "spent" as a fan or thinking that's even a reason for Brady in any way?

Reaction Score
The Chiefs have won a ton in a row, and that does mean something in the NFL. That said, they've played only one legit (playoff) club in the past 9 games or so (Broncos).

They are one of the most balanced teams, but they aren't really good at anything.

And Andy Reid.

I know they've won 10 in a row, but you were even talking yourself out of them throughout your post. You really think Alex Smith, Andy Reid, and Charkandrick West are winning 2 AFC road playoff games?

Reaction Score
Ok I must say this with the complete and uttermost respect upstater - REALLY? :eek: Not sure what's worst you being "spent" as a fan or thinking that's even a reason for Brady in any way?

Sigh. Man, I meant spent with worrying about deflategate. Not about football. In other words, I bet Brady isn't hung up on deflategate like he was 2 months ago. Thought that was obvious.

Reaction Score
I know they've won 10 in a row, but you were even talking yourself out of them throughout your post. You really think Alex Smith, Andy Reid, and Charkandrick West are winning 2 AFC road playoff games?

Probably not but at the same time why not? This isn't the best the AFC has marched out there where any particular game is a definitive favorite. I mean the Bronco's have the home field advantage and they don't even know who's playing QB today as ewe speak. Will be very interesting to see who sneaks out of this conference. Only the Texans seem to be ready for a quick exit for sure and who knows, they get a home game after all.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I remember back to when the Patriots were 6-0 this season and it felt like it was the 12th or 13th week. The offseason for Patriots fans was just grueling with the Deflategate stuff. I actually followed the ups and downs, but by the time I got to the end of the 6th week, I felt like the playoffs must be around the corner. I was just spent as a fan. At this point, I think I'm over it all. And I bet Brady is too. I don't think he's carrying all that baggage anymore, though it might start again in February.

The last few games, I was barely into it. I needed the bi week. ahahha

Reaction Score
Sigh. Man, I meant spent with worrying about deflategate. Not about football. In other words, I bet Brady isn't hung up on deflategate like he was 2 months ago. Thought that was obvious.

I more concerned with you up I guess, you're very spent, tired for the long pre-season and may not make it through the playoffs. Hope you're ok.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

That was my kinda my point. I'm not on the Chiefs side here. Andy Reid inspires zero confidence in a successful result. Same with Smith.

I threw out the 10 game thing as a caveat, because it IS something that shouldn't be dismissed outright.

Reaction Score
The last few games, I was barely into it. I needed the bi week. ahahha

Hopefully after the 17th you guys have a few bi-months to rest. You guys seem in dire need of time to get mentally back on your feet ;)

Reaction Score
Do you really think the NFL is at it's peak right now? IMO, the quality of play is down this year.

As opposed to what? Pats pre-injuries were a juggernaut. Carolina, Arizona, Seattle, are all very good teams. Most of the teams in the playoffs are as good or bad as any other year.

Really the only loss is that Dallas was probably an 11 or 12 win team if Romo and Dez had been healthy all year.

Reaction Score
They had Dez come back too early though. Edelman's gonna have too extra weeks off. Also, who knows how well each player heals? Edelman at 80% is still quicker than most DBs. Getting Amendola back to full strength will help tremendously as well. He's not been right for a month now.

Edelman doesn't even need to be quicker than DB's, he just needs to be quicker than any coverage LB/SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom