OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I do love to make fun of the SEC this time of year, but they're getting quite a few teams through the Regionals. Definitely had the deck stacked in their favor though w/ what, 12 teams to start with?
Tennessee won the Knoxville region without allowing a run.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Anyone that is in charge of the scheduling of NCAA games that thinks playing any game until 3AM in the morning, with the possibility of playing 2 more games later that day, should really look for another job(s).
I am not an Auburn fan, but what they are putting this team through is just unspeakable. But I guess it has just as much to do with ESPN's scheduling. It would be a shame to schedule an actual live game on a Monday afternoon...
I'm done bichin...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anyone that is in charge of the scheduling of NCAA games that thinks playing any game until 3AM in the morning, with the possibility of playing 2 more games later that day, should really look for another job(s).
I am not an Auburn fan, but what they are putting this team through is just unspeakable. But I guess it has just as much to do with ESPN's scheduling. It would be a shame to schedule an actual live game on a Monday afternoon...
I'm done bichin...

No worries about a Monday game now.

Were there severe weather issues in Tallahassee yesterday? In Durham of course they went ahead an postponed the elimination game last night instead of waiting it out. I guess they saw the radar and figured the rain would continue until about 1am

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
13. Mizzou and UGA were as good as dead... Especially Mizzou.
I keep thinking of Princess Bride today. There's dead dead, and then there's mostly dead. Mostly dead you still have a chance. Dead dead, the only thing you can do is go through their pockets and see if they have any money.

I'm paraphrasing so I'm sure I don't have that exactly right.

Centerstream

Reaction Score

Were there severe weather issues in Tallahassee yesterday? In Durham of course they went ahead an postponed the elimination game last night instead of waiting it out. I guess they saw the radar and figured the rain would continue until about 1am
I do believe that there were weather issues but unlike in Durham, no games were postponed, just delayed, with the UCF/Auburn game going into extra innings, ending at 3AM.

Reaction Score
I believe Texas was the number one ranked team for most of the season. Assuming they made in the finals it'll be a great series against the Sinners, I mean Sooners.
Oh. No doubt. Texas was the #1 team most of, if not all season. But we all know the title goes through the Sooners and like I said, they are the Top Dogs until a team other than the Sooners wins the title.

Reaction Score
Does Arizona ever miss the WCWS? Doesn't seem to matter if they have a very mediocre season, they end up there anyway. They thrive winning Regionals hosted by SEC teams.
Arizona is the reason why I got into watching softball, around 1996 range. For the most part, Arizona has been pretty consistent on making the WCWS. They missed out in 2023. Heck, they did not even make the tournament last year.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona is the reason why I got into watching softball, around 1996 range. For the most part, Arizona has been pretty consistent on making the WCWS. They missed out in 2023. Heck, they did not even make the tournament last year.
From 2011 to 2018 they never made it to the World Series. It wasn't that they were particularly bad, but pitching struggles and tough Super Regional matchups (they made the supers 7 of the 8 years, but lost) doomed them. A surprising number of fans, accustomed to success, stopped their season tix during this period.

Last year was the first year since 1987 that they missed the tournament all together.

Reaction Score
If you missed the feature on Alabama’s 2012 championship season on ESPN try to catch the replay. It’s outstanding!

Reaction Score

Were there severe weather issues in Tallahassee yesterday? In Durham of course they went ahead a postponed the elimination game last night instead of waiting it out. I guess they saw the radar and figured the rain would continue until about 1am
Nice to see the Blue Devils in the hunt this late in the season. Coach has got this young program making major strides

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Back home they were complaining about the actions of the Little Carolina coach on Sunday. ... Hadnt seen this until @WBBTakeover mentioned it in another thread.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Back home they were complaining about the actions of the Little Carolina coach on Sunday. ... Hadnt seen this until @WBBTakeover mentioned it in another thread.
The SoCar coach shouldn't speak to an opposing player, even though Jennings was definitely showing unsportsmanlike conduct, talk to the coach. I really don't know if the umpires could have done anything, but the Dookie coach should have, IMO. I was watching the game and I didn't understand Jennings' actions. No reason to act that way.
Jennings - the Angel of softball :):rolleyes:

On a side note, this wasn't the first complaint that the coach "talked" to the umpires about after running out of challenges, so...

Reaction Score
Oklahoma bats are heating up at the right time. They are still the team to beat.

Reaction Score
Florida State's pitching has been their weakness all season. Two of their relied upon starters (they really didn't have an "ace" on the staff this season) are unavailable. Not sure this series will indicate that Oklahoma's bats are heating up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Slightly OT, but after a somewhat disappointing season Washington is seeing a mass exodus. They have ZERO returning pitchers next year. 2 used up eligibility and 2 portaled out. I hate what NCAA sports has turned into. Not really worth following anymore.

Oregon St. has about 90% of their team hitting the portal. It's happened in every sport at the conclusion of the season for OSU. Baseball next?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Slightly OT, but after a somewhat disappointing season Washington is seeing a mass exodus. They have ZERO returning pitchers next year. 2 used up eligibility and 2 portaled out. I hate what NCAA sports has turned into. Not really worth following anymore.

Oregon St. has about 90% of their team hitting the portal. It's happened in every sport at the conclusion of the season for OSU. Baseball next?
Staying slightly OT, other than X, is there a source that tracks softball portal activities?
Thanks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Uh oh Texas. Lost Game 1 of their Super Regional to Texas A&M. That's gotta stick in their craw.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
And Stanford and Arizona were both run ruled in their losses on Friday. Hmm.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I missed that there were 2 games on Thursday. Oklahoma and UCLA both went 2-0 and are on to the WCWS.
I did not like the seeding of this year's championship. I find it odd that OU had to beat 2 teams whose coaches are OU alums in order to get to the WCWS. And one of them is last year's runner ups, losing the WCWS to the Sooners. Hmm.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
1000001356.jpg

Gotta love the ESPN app. I was checking out the score for the game currently in progress and noticed that for this game, and the next game on the schedule, they have the series status wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom