OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today

Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching this epic battle. Oklahoma vs Texas. I am rooting for Oklahoma. Just for the history making performance.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
@YoDore

Any idea why Vanderbilt doesn't have a softball team? Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, and Northwestern all have teams.
I actually read up on this recently (because I was also intrigued). Vanderbilt would want an on-campus field for softball. Since they don't have the space for it, they opted to go with volleyball instead (they needed to add another women's sport).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's your four-peat. Getting pretty bored of Oklahoma winning Titles myself. YMMV.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There's your four-peat. Getting pretty bored of Oklahoma winning Titles myself. YMMV.
I for one am glad that the 5 seniors made 4-peat history, just like I was for the UConn WBB Class of 2016.
I am guessing that they will not be the favorites next season. They are losing 10 seniors, a few of them multi year All-Americans. They will need quite a bit of new blood to be competitive.
I am also wondering if there are already rumors that Patty Gasso is going to retire because it was mentioned during the broadcast. They didn't go into any details but did bring it up.
Now it's just like the end of the WBB season - watching the transfer portal and the coaching carousel.
And it's a long time until the Huskies first game of the WBB 2024-2025 season...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My last post...
I can't believe that Jayda Coleman didn't make the WCWS All Tournament team. Or were there other players left off that hit a walk off homer, in extra innings no less, that put their team into the Championship game?
Rant over, swerving back to WBB...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I for one am glad that the 5 seniors made 4-peat history, just like I was for the UConn WBB Class of 2016.
I am guessing that they will not be the favorites next season. They are losing 10 seniors, a few of them multi year All-Americans. They will need quite a bit of new blood to be competitive.
I am also wondering if there are already rumors that Patty Gasso is going to retire because it was mentioned during the broadcast. They didn't go into any details but did bring it up.
Now it's just like the end of the WBB season - watching the transfer portal and the coaching carousel.
And it's a long time until the Huskies first game of the WBB 2024-2025 season...
I don't think much about softball during the off-season. I saw that Notre Dame and Ohio State are looking for new head coaches, other schools are more minor and Auburn has already replaced Mickey Dean, who retired. As long as things don't affect Arizona directly, I probably won't hear about them.

Reaction Score
I'm not.

This level of excellence has we know from rooting for the Huskies is extraordinarily difficult to attain and maintain.

I am in awe of Gasso, the program, and most importantly the seniors lwho ost 15 games over 4 years and always won the last game of the season. Sound like another team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom